Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

July 1st

Interestingly, is Enzo still in our payroll until July 1st or has he officially left. It all feels weird when it comes to buying out contracts in football. 

On 10/06/2024 at 18:49, gurru991 said:

I have been a Leicester fan since 1962, so yes relatively new !

I didn't realize that winning more than Newcastle is the qualification for completing Football. 

Did we issue certificates ??

Oh I am very sorry Old Timer! I didn't realise you were correcting the original poster's grammar. I thought you were knocking our club's achievements. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

How did we have all those Paul Weller puns without an In The City one?????

I was trying to make Eton Rifles work but the best I got was Whelan's Trifles so thought it was probably best to leave it

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Appointed Maresca by 16th June last year and had three friendlies lined up. I know PL starts later but we don’t half look unprepared. 

We flogged Maddison by 28th June - so time is ticking there too for any sale to assist on PSR

As it's only the 12th of June today I don't get the point ?

Do you suffer badly with "are we there yet" syndrome? 🤷‍♂️🤣

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Might have been a coincidence but out of us, Leeds and Southampton we appointed our manager swiftly and hit the ground running. 

Leeds were an abomination all summer and it was no surprise they struggled initially.

I really hope this gets resolved within the next 7-10 days. 

Oh god, you're saying we're all going to turn into @Pub breath next season? lol

"We wouldn't be in the relegation zone if it wasn't for our slow start" 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Appointed Maresca by 16th June last year and had three friendlies lined up. I know PL starts later but we don’t half look unprepared. 

We flogged Maddison by 28th June - so time is ticking there too for any sale to assist on PSR

Given that the transfer window isn’t even open yet, how are we supposed to sell anybody?

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Thanks 1

Don't want to be that person who refers to betting odds, but i always feel the betfair exchange is the best guide, although at low liquidity it can throw out false positives.

Anyway, the market just shifted and a chunk of cash got matched. You can lay nearly £300 on Potter at 2.74 and can't back him for any decent odds. Cooper definitely drifted on the exchange and there is no decent cash to lay.

image.thumb.png.126dfe255f6041132bb9b691d85831ab.png

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

If I had the money I would do what someone else keeps referring to in here and stick a tenner on Harry Kewell just to watch the odds fly in. 

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Don't want to be that person who refers to betting odds, but i always feel the betfair exchange is the best guide, although at low liquidity it can throw out false positives.

Anyway, the market just shifted and a chunk of cash got matched. You can lay nearly £300 on Potter at 2.74 and can't back him for any decent odds. Cooper definitely drifted on the exchange and there is no decent cash to lay.

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

If I had the money I would do what someone else keeps referring to in here and stick a tenner on Harry Kewell just to watch the odds fly in. 

Kewell and Solskjær not listed in the Betfair exchange, so that tells you everything you need to know about those.

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

As someone who doesn't really bet, can you explain what this could suggest (or if it means anything at all)? Is it suggesting that more people have backed Potter NOT to get the job? 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think it'll be difficult to nail Potter down before the end of the Euros. Especially with Southgate basically saying he's off if we don't win it. 

Then we should go after someone who actually wants the job. 

• Like 1

Just now, Death by Football said:

Then we should go after someone who actually wants the job. 

Yeah I want Potter but if he's holding out to take a chance on the England job then we need to move on 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

As someone who doesn't really bet, can you explain what this could suggest (or if it means anything at all)? Is it suggesting that more people have backed Potter NOT to get the job? 

It means that a decent amount of money has been put on Potter to get the job and that, as a result, he is now 1/5 on the exchange. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I wouldn't read anything into it right now, it was just i haven't seen much change at the Betfair exchange for a while.

The Betfair exchange works different to a high street bookies. Account holders can offer both back odds (like you see at a bookies) or 'lay odds' which means you can bet against the outcome.  Most of the bookies have automated systems that allow them to 'balance' they own betting markets with betfair, hence why i think it's a good indication of what is going on as it amalgamates lots of bookies activity.  

What it shows me is that account holders (or automated systems) have taken the reasonable offers on Potter.  A lump of cash to lay indicates thats a level some bookies may be happy to balance their book at.

Our market still has really low liquidity so i think its all up in the air. The Brighton manager market (although pretty much set in stone) has matched 36k.

One thing to bare in mind is that, relatively speaking, very little gets bet on Manager markets. Even once Enzo was nailed on at Chelsea not a huge amount was matched at Betfair. 3k has been matched in the Leicester manager market but 3.6 million has been matched in the winners of the Euro's market.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I was trying to make Eton Rifles work but the best I got was Whelan's Trifles so thought it was probably best to leave it

Well that was a bit of an Eton Mess FF😉🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Would be the bitterest pill I ever had to swallow if we have to look at Steve Cooper all year.

Exactly how I feel man, also there's a forest dad at my kids school who'll want to talk to me about him.