Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Nobody knows who our next manager is going to be, because we always keep negotiations under wraps. The bookies haven't had a clue for the last several appointments. 

There's a good chance that the journalists who claim we've approached or spoken to X or Y manager are absolutely correct, but this may well be gauging candidates' interest. 

There are certain managers who will obviously be on our radar, and we have already guessed those names, because they're as obvious to the club's board as they are to us. It would be highly surprising if we didn't make contact with the likes of Potter, Cooper, even Sarri to see whether there is any potential interest before wasting time drawing up a shortlist of uninterested candidates. I expect we've made contact with each of these names, as well as several that none of us have thought of.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Will Rudkin have a lectern to stand behind? And is that Friday morning Aus time or UK time?

Friday morning UK time 👀 

No offical word on the lectern at this stage, representatives from the club considering a FoxesTalk poll to determine if it’s required.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Friday morning UK time 👀 

No offical word on the lectern at this stage, representatives from the club considering a FoxesTalk poll to determine if it’s required.

Will the Lectern have a plaque on the font with his seal and the words The seal of the United Egotistical Voice that is Rudkin of LCFC ?🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Nobody knows who our next manager is going to be, because we always keep negotiations under wraps. The bookies haven't had a clue for the last several appointments. 

There's a good chance that the journalists who claim we've approached or spoken to X or Y manager are absolutely correct, but this may well be gauging candidates' interest. 

There are certain managers who will obviously be on our radar, and we have already guessed those names, because they're as obvious to the club's board as they are to us. It would be highly surprising if we didn't make contact with the likes of Potter, Cooper, even Sarri to see whether there is any potential interest before wasting time drawing up a shortlist of uninterested candidates. I expect we've made contact with each of these names, as well as several that none of us have thought of.

When a journalist is told by a contact that we've spoken to a particular manager, it's in his/her interests to over-egg it in order to make it a story. An article which said, "Leicester have had an introductory conversation with Cooper to gauge his interest but there are 7-8 other candidates" is not particularly interesting. So instead we get, "Leicester focusing attention on Cooper" or similar. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I dont understand the last sentence.  Does that mean its with us now?

Reads like that doesn't it?

As if he's agreed and if we decide he's the one, he's here. 

• Like 3

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Reads like that doesn't it?

As if he's agreed and if we decide he's the one, he's here. 

I suppose he's agreed depending on a set of demands that we have to mull over. Probably involved transfers (yulp!) and playing staff he wants to bring in. Probably needs to make sure there is a talking sorting hat at seagrave etc.

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I dont understand the last sentence.  Does that mean its with us now?

It's classic vagueness from Fabrizio. It reads to me that we've not picked Potter yet but also not necessarily that he's definitely wanting to join. We're um'ing and ar'ing as usual!

• Like 4

Last season we interviewed McKenna, Maresca and Martin before appointing Maresca, so there's probably a similar process this time round with Potter, Cooper and Corberan the final candidates. We were also sounding out Scott Parker who was alleged to have been seen at the training ground, but how much truth there is in that I don't know. I suspect Parker and Martin were at least spoken to through contacts.

Enzo was appointed on the 16th last year, and with the Euros starting on the 18th, I'd be surprised if we haven't got someone lined up by then.

I’m actually coming round to the idea of Potter, if he wants the job. And that’s a big if. Think if he wants to get back into club management, having been burnt by a big club already I think we would probably be an interesting project for him. 

I think a year or more break, and having seen what Enzo has already implemented he would probably look to set us up in a similar fashion. The concern with Potter is his sides have always struggled to score goals. Whether that’s down to the strikers or set up remains to be seen. But would hope that with the likes of Vardy and hopefully we would sign a new striker as well if we can shift Patson we could be an exciting prospect

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Last season we interviewed McKenna, Maresca and Martin before appointing Maresca, so there's probably a similar process this time round with Potter, Cooper and Corberan the final candidates. We were also sounding out Scott Parker who was alleged to have been seen at the training ground, but how much truth there is in that I don't know. I suspect Parker and Martin were at least spoken to through contacts.

Enzo was appointed on the 16th last year, and with the Euros starting on the 18th, I'd be surprised if we haven't got someone lined up by then.

The Euros start on Friday - ie, the 14th.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MonarchFox said:

Somebody mentioned yesterday we had considered Lucien Favre due to the way his teams play and how he promotes youth, not sure if any truth too it,

Claudius Puel II

• Like 1
  • Haha 2