Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Last season we interviewed McKenna, Maresca and Martin before appointing Maresca, so there's probably a similar process this time round with Potter, Cooper and Corberan the final candidates. We were also sounding out Scott Parker who was alleged to have been seen at the training ground, but how much truth there is in that I don't know. I suspect Parker and Martin were at least spoken to through contacts.

Enzo was appointed on the 16th last year, and with the Euros starting on the 18th, I'd be surprised if we haven't got someone lined up by then.

This is a tangent here, McKenna is hailed as this loyal servant to Ipswich, yet any job going he's being interviewed for it.

Also you're right, it sounds like we've done the same again of gotten to 3 names and interviewing all 3 for the role and will decide from

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Will the Lectern have a plaque on the font with his seal and the words The seal of the United Egotistical Voice that is Rudkin of LCFC ?🤷‍♂️

Nah he’s decided to go with his new moto; City’s Unbeatable Natural Tactics.

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is a tangent here, McKenna is hailed as this loyal servant to Ipswich, yet any job going he's being interviewed for it.

Also you're right, it sounds like we've done the same again of gotten to 3 names and interviewing all 3 for the role and will decide from

Interestingly, i wonder why noone actually makes him an offer. From what i can see, hes interviewed for a lot of jobs but no serious offers have been made

12 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

I’m actually coming round to the idea of Potter, if he wants the job. And that’s a big if. Think if he wants to get back into club management, having been burnt by a big club already I think we would probably be an interesting project for him. 

I think a year or more break, and having seen what Enzo has already implemented he would probably look to set us up in a similar fashion. The concern with Potter is his sides have always struggled to score goals. Whether that’s down to the strikers or set up remains to be seen. But would hope that with the likes of Vardy and hopefully we would sign a new striker as well if we can shift Patson we could be an exciting prospect

but Pep has patented that style and only his former servants are legally allowed to play that style and be a success 🤣

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I wonder if Potts is waiting to see what the deduction is before committing.

Well considering that we may not know that for several months, he’s got a long wait coming. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, nettle said:

Potters favourite on sky bet now 1/2

Was always going to happen after the fab tweet - however that tweet doesn’t even sound like romano- weird wording at the end makes no sense at all 

• Like 1

Just now, jv1 said:

Was always going to happen after the fab tweet - however that tweet doesn’t even sound like romano- weird wording at the end makes no sense at all 

Until Romano has tweeted it 5 times, i don't care.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Kewell and Solskjær not listed in the Betfair exchange, so that tells you everything you need to know about those.

Kewell was added around an hour ago. Be interesting to see that price history....as it was me who requested it for a laugh. 

image.png.675da4acac8ceed3dbdff77596bb5e67.png

• Haha 2

I think Potter might be looked at favourably be the players with his achievements at Brighton and make it less likely that there will be too many lost over the summer. The tweet from Romano is a bit vague at the end personally I would doubt he would be turned down by the club unless demands are way too high.

Seems very similar to how the Maresca to Chelsea deal played out in the media and social media, reckon this is pretty much done, wouldn’t be shocked to see done deal tweets in next few hours and an official announcement in the next 24-48 hours. 

15 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

I think Potter might be looked at favourably be the players with his achievements at Brighton and make it less likely that there will be too many lost over the summer. The tweet from Romano is a bit vague at the end personally I would doubt he would be turned down by the club unless demands are way too high.

I read Romano as Romario, what a bonkers season we would face with him in charge lol