Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

This reads as if we're deciding if we want Potter and he'd accept 

Reads as if he hasn't got a clue and is just repeating old news. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I'm excited, as long as we get a motivated Potter with something to prove.

Concerned if it's a jaded version from the Chelsea experience, but you'd hope (!) the board will be able to work that out. 

If he does come in he needs a magic wand with a points deduction on the cards 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

10 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I'm excited, as long as we get a motivated Potter with something to prove.

Concerned if it's a jaded version from the Chelsea experience, but you'd hope (!) the board will be able to work that out. 

Potter has had enough time to reflect on the Chelsea job. But for a club of our size he will do a good job imo

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

This is a tangent here, McKenna is hailed as this loyal servant to Ipswich, yet any job going he's being interviewed for it.

Also you're right, it sounds like we've done the same again of gotten to 3 names and interviewing all 3 for the role and will decide from

That is the issue with ambitious managers, which will be the case for anyone we appoint. You could say that McKenna deserves it given what he's done may well never be done again, but he was defintiely interviewing at clubs last year too (notice how his new deal last season coincided with being linked to Leicester), so your implied point about a lack of loyalty definitely holds true.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Interestingly, i wonder why noone actually makes him an offer. From what i can see, hes interviewed for a lot of jobs but no serious offers have been made

Great point. I guess he wants quite a lot of say in terms of who is brought in / transfer strategy / etc. And given his career so far, the biggest teams aren't yet ready to trust him. To be honest it's insane that either Man United or Chelsea wanted Maresca or McKenna. Even more insane that Bayern went for Kompany. Usually you would wait to see if these up and comers can do it in the top league first! The Arteta appointment worked out, but so far all they have is an FA Cup to show for it. He's been bankrolled to the tune of 700m and though he's definitely transformed them, who's to say someone else wouldn't?

I think we want to appoint someone who ideally will be with us for 4-5 seasons, taking us back into European football. But the issue is that if they are good, they leave and if they are bad, such deals are expensive to cancel. Quite a predicament for the club really!

The best thing that could happen is that a former player turns out to be the next great manager and hope that their love for the club would keep them here for quite a few seasons. But can't see that happening. Cambiasso was only hear for one season, Schmeichel maybe, but don't think he wants to be a manager and we'd have no idea how good he'd be. Maybe Vardy and Albrighton are secretly studying my tactics threads!? One can only hope :ph34r:!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Don't know if they're an ITK but went past the post office in Syston and the Syston Knitting Banksy just put this on the postbox.

il_300x300.5735649903_fc8q.jpg

As long as he brings that centre forward Garlisch Breed with him. It’s the future you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Is it me, or does this read like we have rang up Potter and gone "do you want to be in the running for this job?" he then replies "yes" and they go "ok, we will let you know what we think later."

**** tease and a half that...why contact someone and then say you will think it over?! 

"Hey, I know your my ex, but do you fancy trying again tonight at mine?"
"yeah i'd be happy to."
"right...give me an hour, if this one from Grindr doesn't respond I'll give you a belll and we can discuss arrangements."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

Is it me, or does this read like we have rang up Potter and gone "do you want to be in the running for this job?" he then replies "yes" and they go "ok, we will let you know what we think later."

**** tease and a half that...why contact someone and then say you will think it over?! 

"yeah i'd be happy to."
"right...give me an hour, if this one from Grindr doesn't respond I'll give you a belll and we can discuss arrangements."

Romano is smart, it's likely the deal is further on than he's suggesting. It then allows him to do more tweets about how it's progressing, unless someone gets to the story ahead of him. 

• Like 1

We need to make sure we don’t get carried away with the Graham Potter rumours, but Champions League football in 2025 will be class 😉

Edited by Onions
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Onions said:

We need to make sure we don’t get carried away with the Graham Potter rumours, but I’ve booked a hotel for the 31st May 2025 in Gelsebkirchen for the Champions League final……. 

Think you mean 2026!!

Ok, so hear me out before you all laugh at me..... :D

I don't understand why Potter has been out of work for so long.... he was a much coveted manager before and after his chelsea sacking..

It could be that instead of giving him a severance package, Chelsea have just continued to pay his wages.. i don't know why that would happen that way round.. unless it was in Chelsea's  bests interests to do so? and of course, by him accepting a job offer he would lose his right to his pay off  from Chelsea and/ or  his wages.

When approaching us for Maresca, i wonder if there was some agreement as to where we'd allow them to sign Maresca if they would ' free the reigns' for us to sign Potter.

Just thinking out loud really...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

Ok, so hear me out before you all laugh at me..... :D

I don't understand why Potter has been out of work for so long.... he was a much coveted manager before and after his chelsea sacking..

It could be that instead of giving him a severance package, Chelsea have just continued to pay his wages.. i don't know why that would happen that way round.. unless it was in Chelsea's  bests interests to do so? and of course, by him accepting a job offer he would lose his right to his pay off  from Chelsea and/ or  his wages.

When approaching us for Maresca, i wonder if there was some agreement as to where we'd allow them to sign Maresca if they would ' free the reigns' for us to sign Potter.

Just thinking out loud really...

I'm pretty sure there were articles at the time Potter left Chelsea about how he wanted a little break after the Chelsea job because of the impact of the spotlight/press shenanigans.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

"yeah i'd be happy to."

Don't get hung up on how he words tweets. Deliberately vague so he can't be called out and lose face if it doesn't happen, plus English isn't his first language. 

• Like 3

Just now, ajthefox said:

I'm pretty sure there were articles at the time Potter left Chelsea about how he wanted a little break after the Chelsea job because of the impact of the spotlight/press shenanigans.

This does indeed seem like the most plausible explanation!

I just dont understand why he would turn down the Ajax job a few months ago but come to Leicester..

I still think he will turn the job down, actually...

Just now, MPH said:

This does indeed seem like the most plausible explanation!

I just dont understand why he would turn down the Ajax job a few months ago but come to Leicester..

I still think he will turn the job down, actually...

Young family, maybe doesn't want to leave England?

• Like 1