Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

23 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Is it me, or does this read like we have rang up Potter and gone "do you want to be in the running for this job?" he then replies "yes" and they go "ok, we will let you know what we think later."

**** tease and a half that...why contact someone and then say you will think it over?! 

"Hey, I know your my ex, but do you fancy trying again tonight at mine?"
"yeah i'd be happy to."
"right...give me an hour, if this one from Grindr doesn't respond I'll give you a belll and we can discuss arrangements."

It's fairly  normal to sound out several candidates to see if they are interested and then go in hard on one of those that is...

Its like if we identified we want a winger. we wouldn't have a shortlist of one, as there are many reasons why someone might not be available..

39 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is the issue with ambitious managers, which will be the case for anyone we appoint. You could say that McKenna deserves it given what he's done may well never be done again, but he was defintiely interviewing at clubs last year too (notice how his new deal last season coincided with being linked to Leicester), so your implied point about a lack of loyalty definitely holds true.

Great point. I guess he wants quite a lot of say in terms of who is brought in / transfer strategy / etc. And given his career so far, the biggest teams aren't yet ready to trust him. To be honest it's insane that either Man United or Chelsea wanted Maresca or McKenna. Even more insane that Bayern went for Kompany. Usually you would wait to see if these up and comers can do it in the top league first! The Arteta appointment worked out, but so far all they have is an FA Cup to show for it. He's been bankrolled to the tune of 700m and though he's definitely transformed them, who's to say someone else wouldn't?

I think we want to appoint someone who ideally will be with us for 4-5 seasons, taking us back into European football. But the issue is that if they are good, they leave and if they are bad, such deals are expensive to cancel. Quite a predicament for the club really!

The best thing that could happen is that a former player turns out to be the next great manager and hope that their love for the club would keep them here for quite a few seasons. But can't see that happening. Cambiasso was only hear for one season, Schmeichel maybe, but don't think he wants to be a manager and we'd have no idea how good he'd be. Maybe Vardy and Albrighton are secretly studying my tactics threads!? One can only hope :ph34r:!

Andy King will be the next former LCFC player to become a manager. Depending on how successful he is I could see him wanting to manage LCFC in the future

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I dont understand the last sentence.  Does that mean its with us now?

In fairness to Romano when you rewrite the same thing 25 times you're bound to have the odd sentence not actually make sense.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

This does indeed seem like the most plausible explanation!

I just dont understand why he would turn down the Ajax job a few months ago but come to Leicester..

I still think he will turn the job down, actually...

Maybe he wants to manage in England?

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Reads as if he hasn't got a clue and is just repeating old news. 

I had to look at the time that tweet was made because i'm sure he posted something similar 2/3 days ago.

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Maybe he wants to manage in England?

I'm sure he had turned down Jobs here too, which makes it all the more confusing why  we would all think he  would come to us

I think there is a degree to which Potter's Chelsea experiance could work in our favor.  THough his stock remained high, there is still a sense in which he comes into this with something to prove.  But perhaps more importantly, I think he is less likely to jump ship to the next big club that comes knocking if he is successful.  I think he will be a bit more hesitant given the way things worked out when he left Brighton for Chelsea. 

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

In fairness to Romano when you rewrite the same thing 25 times you're bound to have the odd sentence not actually make sense.

He's also Italian to be fair to the bloke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Graham Potter was in the Abbey Inn in Leeds, Yorkshire on Saturday. Fact. Leave it with you.

He's bringing Patrick Bamford with him

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's also Italian to be fair to the bloke.

His grift shouldn't be forgiven. He's an absolute bore. Ornstein is on another stratosphere, this bloke is genuinely uninteresting now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Thank god he's done one of those Coaches Voice videos so we can use this whenever he drops a stinker, no such luck with Steve Cooper

maxresdefault.jpg

Think they’ve missed the comma out. That looks more like the “Graham, potter masterclass” video.

“Aye, I remember the first bowl I made back in 1987” Graham said while wistfully reflecting on his journey to master potter.

Can we stop with the "why would he want to come here" narrative. Our fans had a massive inferiority complex when it came to Rodgers and looks how that turned out. We're a big club with the facilities to build something exciting. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Maybe we could start a thread tracking his movements call it 'Potter Watch'

only Liam can start those threads for me :(

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Graham Potter was in the Abbey Inn in Leeds, Yorkshire on Saturday. Fact. Leave it with you.

Going to have Farrke as his assistant

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Can we stop with the "why would he want to come here" narrative. Our fans had a massive inferiority complex when it came to Rodgers and looks how that turned out. We're a big club with the facilities to build something exciting. 

No its more to do with the fact we are likely to have a massive points penalty and little money to spend.

• Like 3

Just now, MPH said:

No its more to do with the fact we are likely to have a massive points penalty and little money to spend.

I've seen rumours that Top's willing to spend. The points deduction is what it is but an ambitious manager would back them self to keep us up

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Perhaps he fancies the risk, we go down and it'll be because of the points deduction, if he keeps us up though his reputation grows even more

• Like 1