Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I've seen rumours that Top's willing to spend. The points deduction is what it is but an ambitious manager would back them self to keep us up

So would a deluded one. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I've seen rumours that Top's willing to spend. The points deduction is what it is but an ambitious manager would back them self to keep us up

So next season will still be a part of a 3 year cycle of permissible losses. there is no chance we will be able to splash the cash we need to recover the point's deduction deficit and make top half at the end of the season.  That's just not an attractive proposition for a manager who has lofty ambitions.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Perhaps he fancies the risk, we go down and it'll be because of the points deduction, if he keeps us up though his reputation grows even more

I dont see why he would turn down some decent prem jobs and even  some top European jobs to go through that...

I mean, if any of this is even remotely true, it might suggest we will be unlucky in our persuit of him...

Despite that, Potter has been linked with several managerial roles within the last 14 months, including Ajax, Napoli and Nice. Now, the 49-year-old is on the hitlist at old club Brighton as they seek a replacement for Roberto De Zerbi, and Leicester, who are preparing to lose Enzo Maresca.

Although Potter is being paid well during his gardening leave from Chelsea, his key reason for delaying his return to management is the potential of succeeding Gareth Southgate in the England dugout, according to The Sun. Potter is also an option at Manchester United if Sir Jim Ratcliffe decides to replace Erik ten Hag.

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, MPH said:

So next season will still be a part of a 3 year cycle of permissible losses. there is no chance we will be able to splash the cash we need to recover the point's deduction deficit and make top half at the end of the season.  That's just not an attractive proposition for a manager who has lofty ambitions.

Fine. Big Sam it is then 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

that will be the third time in the past week then :)

Not seen anyone else say it.

No reason to lie......just going by what I've been told by a very credible source.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldBob said:

Great PR for the club if they get Potter to be fair. The media love him.

Apart from that, dreading his appointment. Would go far as saying, I’d even prefer the likes of Warnock and Big Sam.

He’ll appease the football connoisseurs on here but mark my words, this man is Puel with an English accent. It’ll be side to side, slow ‘progressive’ football. The 5 minute highlight reels might look great but for us fans in the stadium, who have to watch the full game, it’ll be a soulless watch. 

Thats the spirit!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Seems very similar to how the Maresca to Chelsea deal played out in the media and social media, reckon this is pretty much done, wouldn’t be shocked to see done deal tweets in next few hours and an official announcement in the next 24-48 hours. 

you know this is Leicester don't you?

3 minutes ago, OldBob said:

Apart from that, dreading his appointment. Would go far as saying, I’d even prefer the likes of Warnock and Big Sam.

He’ll appease the football connoisseurs on here but mark my words, this man is Puel with an English accent. It’ll be side to side, slow ‘progressive’ football. The 5 minute highlight reels might look great but for us fans in the stadium, who have to watch the 85 minutes, it’ll be a soulless watch. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, OldBob said:

He’ll appease the football connoisseurs on here but mark my words, this man is Puel with an English accent. It’ll be side to side, slow ‘progressive’ football. The 5 minute highlight reels might look great but for us fans in the stadium, who have to watch the full game, it’ll be a soulless watch. 

Its alright Bob. Will save all the good bits from 85 minutes onwards when you are on your way home to watch Strictly. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Genuinely fascinated what he sees in our job

Like others have said, our job is very attractive. He (or whoever comes in) can't lose. 

If he keeps us up, he's a legend and a miracle worker.

If we go down with him at the helm, it won't be his fault.

The excuses for taking us down are already written for him - not his fault.

If we don go down, he'll probably stay in the role, as it'll be viewed as 'part of the plan' 'expected', he'll be the man to bring us back up.

He'll also be well paid, and have no problem leaving us, should one of the bigger fish come calling

• Like 2