Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I agree. I was worried about Cooper but I think Corberan or Potter would both be excellent long term options.

Potter would be a statement of intent IMO. We've been after him for years.

Club have banged on about "the plan" and "our vision", if we got Potter given the long term interest then I'd be more inclined to believe "the plan" is actually real and not just a sound bite. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Sometimes I wonder what manager looks at that and goes "yup...first name on the teamsheet next week." 

I was awful in goal at under 17's and 18s and even I could have done better. In some cases it was harder to go the way he went. 

So, Potter eh? Not too shabby.  The other alternative is a few articles are saying he is in the running and the gambling addicts have put a punt on it to get a bit of easy money and it's shortened the price. 

Either way, not a bad pick if it goes through. 

Brendan Rodgers. 

Because he was intentionally trying to sabotage the season in order to get out of the club. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Club have banged on about "the plan" and "our vision", if we got Potter given the long term interest then I'd be more inclined to believe "the plan" is actually real and not just a sound bite. 

Lets be honest mate, you won't believe it lol 

• Haha 1

I'm not much of a fan of Potter or his football but I will be happy to see a manager in place so the club can start planning our Premier league survival.  With so many contracts expired, limited funds & some kind of points deduction any manager will struggle.

• Like 2

I think most fans will get behind either. Cooper would do a decent job but it is the wrong time, really. Potter or Corberan offers a fresh start.

• Like 2

Got a hunch well have to go Cooper route. Too much baggage with us and with Albion likely to want £3m compo I reckon we'll plump with him as the quicker cheaper option. If you're Potter you still have a high enough stock not to walk in to the immediate firing line somewhere. Shame just my view

I'd be happy with Potter.

I know there's the complications to consider, however, I reckon if the personal terms are good, he'll probably take it. I'm not so sure those other factors (FFP etc) are as significant for an incoming manager as we fans might think.

If its a decent contract, he'll take it. Especially after being unemployed for a year.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1

He’s already rejected us before, if he’s not arsed get someone in who is. He doesn’t need the money after his Chelsea payoff and he’s not good enough that we need to promise him this that and the other

• Like 4

Feels like it's no coincidence this has ramped up a little bit since the United/Ten Hag news yesterday. 

Hope we don't end up in a situation where we're publicly courting him, he rejects us, and whoever comes in is a clear second best choice. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'd be happy with Potter.

I know there's the complications to consider, however, I reckon if the personal terms are good, he'll probably take it. I'm not so sure those factors are as significant for an incoming manager as we fans might think. If its a decent contract, he'll take it. Especially after being unemployed for a year.

I think he'll want to understand the extent to which he's likely to be backed too. You want to go into a job like this with your eyes open. 

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

He’s already rejected us before, if he’s not arsed get someone in who is. He doesn’t need the money after his Chelsea payoff and he’s not good enough that we need to promise him this that and the other

I think he rejected us before because he'd just been sacked by Chelsea and probably wanted a break, which is fair enough. The fact it hasn't been straightforward no means it's peaked his interest. 

• Like 1

Think Potter will turn us down in the end. Ultimately, it's like that girl who's turned you down in the past, but you give it another go anyway, and you'll think the date went well, but you both know she'll keep you in the friend zone. No one gets out the friend zone.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuge said:

Think Potter will turn us down in the end. Ultimately, it's like that girl who's turned you down in the past, but you give it another go anyway, and you'll think the date went well, but you both know she'll keep you in the friend zone. No one gets out the friend zone

Or you end up marrying her and having two kids....true story :D

• Like 1