Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

On paper you'd think it'd be a good move for him. All his friends and family are Solihull based apparently. Great facilities, a decent squad, likely to get long term backing from the board. If he can navigate this season, then there's no reason why can't get back to establishing ourselves in the league. 

• Like 4

Give him a pretty short deadline to accept by and if he doesn’t accept move on from him.

Want someone who wants to be here, and doesn’t come over as the 2nd choice if we carry on chasing potter.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I think he'll want to understand the extent to which he's likely to be backed too. You want to go into a job like this with your eyes open. 

Absolutely. I think he'll be looking beyond the possible points deduction and next season, to what the club might look like the in the future. He'll also know that half the league face potential points deductions, albeit some time after we cop ours.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

On paper you'd think it'd be a good move for him. All his friends and family are Solihull based apparently. Great facilities, a decent squad, likely to get long term backing from the board. If he can navigate this season, then there's no reason why can't get back to establishing ourselves in the league. 

It's also worth noting that, all the things that frustrate a lot of us about Top

- Slow to react when things are going wrong

- Hugely reluctant to sack managers no matter how bad it gets!

- Not always holding staff to account in the way he probably should 

- Awarding huge contracts to managers 

- Awarding even bigger contracts to keep managers 

...these are all the things you want as a manager! Top is the dream chairman in a lot of ways!

• Haha 2

To all the people who have concluded that he doesn't want to be here because he's taking his time in deciding, just remember we almost had to sign James fvcking McCarthur in order to convince Cambiasso to sign for us. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

To all the people who have concluded that he doesn't want to be here because he's taking his time in deciding, just remember we almost had to sign James fvcking McCarthur in order to convince Cambiasso to sign for us. 

So what you're saying is we're using him to get Cooper? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Who'd be your choice of manager?

Outbof the current list Corberan! 2nd Cooper but i dont think Cooper would attract big players to the club !

Edited by ADAMSKI97

33 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Percy used to be god tier, now he’s resorted to copy & pasting Rob Tanners articles lol

Yes he is so good at copy and pasting he did it 2 hours before Percy published his article

Edit: read your post wrong thought you were saying tanner coppied Percy not the other way round

Screenshot_20240612_181840_The Athletic.jpg

Screenshot_20240612_181809_Chrome.jpg

Edited by lcfcbluearmy

I'm hoping its taking time because he's drilling the club on their finances. 

Meaning Rudkin and Co are having to put together a proper coherent plan for the next few years. 

I'd imagine after Rodgers and Enzo were shocked/lied too about money to spend on players.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

All points towards Potter.

Can’t help but feel it’ll be more of the same of the previous 7 years with possession for possession sake.

Huh? His teams create a ton of chances.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

potter will cost more than corberan. His wage will be at least double 

Yeh in the long run he'd cost more but for the here and now, we'd have more money to spend on transfers 

18 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I'm hoping its taking time because he's drilling the club on their finances. 

Meaning Rudkin and Co are having to put together a proper coherent plan for the next few years. 

I'd imagine after Rodgers and Enzo were shocked/lied too about money to spend on players.

Pots doing his due diligence on us as well. The fact he's held detailed talks is positive, but not concrete. Can't blame him wanting reassurances and to see where we are. 

24 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Yes he is so good at copy and pasting he did it 2 hours before Percy published his article

Edit: read your post wrong thought you were saying tanner coppied Percy not the other way round

Screenshot_20240612_181840_The Athletic.jpg

Screenshot_20240612_181809_Chrome.jpg

Could you make it a little bit bigger please, i cant quite see it...

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Pots doing his due diligence on us as well. The fact he's held detailed talks is positive, but not concrete. Can't blame him wanting reassurances and to see where we are. 

We can't give him any assurances about the points deduction as it's out of our hands, and Potter knows that. The only thing we can reassure him of is the transfer budget he will be given. If he turns us down, I suspect this will be the main reason; if he  accepts, we can only assume the club has told him there is money to spend.

Edited by ClaphamFox