Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

If it’s a case of having to persuade Potter versus Corberan wanting and excited for the job, it’s got to be Carlos. It’s important to me to have someone who wants to be here and not someone who sees it as a step down. 

Corberan’s tutelage under Bielsa is also exciting. I don’t think he’d start that way but I could see us becoming more rock and roll over time, and who doesn’t like a bit of heavy metal!

Has it been reported anywhere what Corberan’s position is - ie, will he take the job if offered? I haven’t seen anything…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If it’s a case of having to persuade Potter versus Corberan wanting and excited for the job, it’s got to be Carlos. It’s important to me to have someone who wants to be here and not someone who sees it as a step down. 

Corberan’s tutelage under Bielsa is also exciting. I don’t think he’d start that way but I could see us becoming more rock and roll over time, and who doesn’t like a bit of heavy metal!

Maybe the sticking point in the combo with him? I don't know, as I have no idea how it all works. But whether that's the difference between the two. But I would think that he'll want a smaller wage.

Corberan is a good choice, and to be honest I'd be happy with either. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Can we stop with the "why would he want to come here" narrative. Our fans had a massive inferiority complex when it came to Rodgers and looks how that turned out. We're a big club with the facilities to build something exciting. 

I think as a club we've really fallen for a lot of the rubbish written about us by rivals. Even the Potter stuff I find the desperation baffling. I hope it's all points deduction related that we're acting this desperate for somebody so average.

5 hours ago, MPH said:

I dont see why he would turn down some decent prem jobs and even  some top European jobs to go through that...

I mean, if any of this is even remotely true, it might suggest we will be unlucky in our persuit of him...

Despite that, Potter has been linked with several managerial roles within the last 14 months, including Ajax, Napoli and Nice. Now, the 49-year-old is on the hitlist at old club Brighton as they seek a replacement for Roberto De Zerbi, and Leicester, who are preparing to lose Enzo Maresca.

Although Potter is being paid well during his gardening leave from Chelsea, his key reason for delaying his return to management is the potential of succeeding Gareth Southgate in the England dugout, according to The Sun. Potter is also an option at Manchester United if Sir Jim Ratcliffe decides to replace Erik ten Hag.

Unless you're him though you won't know why he turned those jobs down though 

4 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Those saying his Brighton team couldn’t score - he was relying on the likes of Maupay and Welbeck to get their goals.

They also didn’t struggle in his last game for them against us - would have been 6 without VAR howler and could have been 10

I can't get my head around what's gone on at Brighton. Whether it's systematic of the club or individual managers but for all the exceptional work in the transfer market they seemingly either didn't master recruiting goalscoring midfielders or attackers or certainly didn't coach them to do so.

Potter's notorious for his teams struggling to score. He still had the likes of Trossard and opted to preserve with the likes of Maupay and Aaron Connolly rather than use Dennis Undav who'd been lethal on loan. I just think he's one of those managers who's structurally strong but hasn't the ruthlessness needed to create killers.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I can't get my head around what's gone on at Brighton. Whether it's systematic of the club or individual managers but for all the exceptional work in the transfer market they seemingly either didn't master recruiting goalscoring midfielders or attackers or certainly didn't coach them to do so.

Potter's notorious for his teams struggling to score. He still had the likes of Trossard and opted to preserve with the likes of Maupay and Aaron Connolly rather than use Dennis Undav who'd been lethal on loan. I just think he's one of those managers who's structurally strong but hasn't the ruthlessness needed to create killers.

He's never had a Vards :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Unless you're him though you won't know why he turned those jobs down though 

ok, so lets phrase it a different way...

What could we have to offer him that other prem teams havnt been able to?

1 minute ago, MPH said:

ok, so lets phrase it a different way...

What could we have to offer him that other prem teams havnt been able to?

Close to Solihull :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Taking us on is a free hit for a manager. 

Go down swinging on somewhere around 35-45 points and there likely won't be any reputational damage.

Keep us up and it will be heralded as a great job with a club with potential. 

Disagree, it’s not a given that any manager would go down swinging with 35/45 points. 

Stock won’t be as high if he is a manager of a club get tonked weekly 

4 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Taking us on is a free hit for a manager. 

Go down swinging on somewhere around 35-45 points and there likely won't be any reputational damage.

Keep us up and it will be heralded as a great job with a club with potential. 

Or we go down on about 10 points and it’s not great for them at all. Far from risk free.

45 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think as a club we've really fallen for a lot of the rubbish written about us by rivals. Even the Potter stuff I find the desperation baffling. I hope it's all points deduction related that we're acting this desperate for somebody so average.

It is. Three years ago we were an excellent job. We have handicapped ourselves with poor decision making.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

TBF They had massive injury issues last season. On top of selling McAllister and Caicedo they lost Mitoma and March to injury and they were the main supply line to their (fairly novice) strikers. It just takes time to get new players blooded in and playing the way they did the season before.

On a plus for Potter I'm more than happy to have a guy who builds from a strong defence and he'd have plenty to start with going forward having Abdul, Mavididi, Vardy etc but if he's still delaying coming here then sack him off and go for option 2.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

It is. Three years ago we were an excellent job. We have handicapped ourselves with poor decision making.

Yh 3 years ago it would have been a big step up for potter to join us now it looks like a step down 

Leicester interested in former Chelsea boss Potter

Latest from Sky Sports News' Rob Dorsett and Lyall Thomas

Leicester are interested in making Graham Potter their new head coach.

The former Chelsea boss is one of a number of names the club have on a shortlist, which they are working through.

Leicester have not decided on a preferred candidate and no coach has been offered the job.

However, the Foxes hugely admire Potter - along with a number of other clubs in the UK and in Europe.

He has been out of work since being sacked by Chelsea in April 2023.

Leicester are looking for a new head coach after the exit of Enzo Maresca, who moved to Stamford Bridge.

I don't hold him 'turning us down previously' against him really. We were either on the brink of relegation or in the championship when we've offered. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1