Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't hold him 'turning us down previously' against him really. We were either on the brink of relegation or in the championship when we've offered. 

Did he turn us down? Or was he just wanting to take a mini hiatus? 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't hold him 'turning us down previously' against him really. We were either on the brink of relegation or in the championship when we've offered. 

Plus he'd *literally* just been sacked by Chelsea after just 7 months, it probably wasn't the right time to go to a club in absolute freefall.

FABRICHIE MORONO

🤪

Here we go!

LCFC have decided it wouldn't be bad dea to get anew manager at some point. There's some candidates that they are pondering about a bit

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I can't really understand why we didn't go after Will Still, unless he was a totally unrealistic target. Lens had a decent season and they decided to appoint him. 

I guess I'm the only one here who rates highly this guy? 🤔

I think he's still a little unproven in some clubs' eyes. By all accounts I think his Reims team fell apart a bit in the last 14 games, and they parted ways as a result?

Edited by CloudFox

1 hour ago, MPH said:

ok, so lets phrase it a different way...

What could we have to offer him that other prem teams havnt been able to?

He personally may have just not wanted a job, it's not as simple as the actual job on offer is it

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He personally may have just not wanted a job, it's not as simple as the actual job on offer is it

when you are facing a massive points deduction and  a small transfer budget, it might be…

16 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I do.

If you're that talented then back yourself. If we're a big enough job now then we were back then. He's got his plus points but I'm sceptical of any manager that's previously rejected us because of our situation then because our situation in 2 months could be worse. Imagine we start on -8 or without two or three star names, I want a guy who relishes the challenge not someone who uses us as a placeholder and keeps checking his phone for the latest news on the Spurs/United job front.

Take the job or don't, we need to start our preparation now not wait for this guy to flip a coin.

• Like 2

If I were Potter, I'd be sceptical about taking on the job and I think quite rightly he's exploring and contemplating  what's on offer. Our last two managers were both kept in the dark regarding transfer funds and finances. One got the hump and got us relegated, the other got on with the job and got us promoted. I don't know what promises have been made to Potter from Top and Rudkin, but on recent form, I'd be wary how much is realistic and how much is fantasy.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Get that guy in without a coaching license. Would fit our financial model to be paying fines for our manager every week 

Gone to Lens.

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

when you are facing a massive points deduction and  a small transfer budget, it might be…

Are you saying ‘massive’ to get a reaction?

Just how many points do you believe we will lose?

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

Which then refers back to my initial post, I'm not saying we're a more attractive proposition then any job he's supposedly turned down

Edited by Tommy Fresh

He'll come in, get us competing and playing some good football and then be off to Old Trafford when they bin ten haag off in November.

On paper looks the best option but I don't think it'll do us any good and we'll be looking again by Xmas.

That being said, I'll hope for the best and back him though. If he comes in, stays and keeps us up, hats off to him

20 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I think he's still a little unproven on some clubs' eyes. By all accounts I think his Reims team fell apart a bit in the last 14 games, and they parted ways as a result?

They did but they were still playing some good football during this bad run. 

Potter's stock has fallen. He has missed nearly 18 months of football since Chelsea. He might be using us as a stepping stone but I would take that if we can overcome the challenge of this season coming. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazza M said:

Potter's stock has fallen. He has missed nearly 18 months of football since Chelsea. He might be using us as a stepping stone but I would take that if we can overcome the challenge of this season coming. 

This, at the end of the day, right now our football club simply has to survive, staying up is part of that process. If Potter successfully uses us as a stepping stone, it more than likely means he kept us up and stabilised us, thus securing the future of the club (potentially). At that point he can give us all the V's as he leaves and will still get my blessing. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Are you saying ‘massive’ to get a reaction?

Just how many points do you believe we will lose?

anything that is   8 or above would be massive and could effect our season substantially 

6 minutes ago, Simonb said:

He'll come in, get us competing and playing some good football and then be off to Old Trafford when they bin ten haag off in November.

On paper looks the best option but I don't think it'll do us any good and we'll be looking again by Xmas.

That being said, I'll hope for the best and back him though. If he comes in, stays and keeps us up, hats off to him

Even if we are a stepping stone, i don't think there would be any change by Christmas unless we sacked him. Very rarely do clubs poach managers between PL during a season (Chelsea did it with Potter and there was a bit of a fuss about it). It does happen but its very rare and i think he would more than a few months to improve his stock to be headed to Man U. If think by Christmas we are going to be in the bottom 5.

I think the season will be seen out no matter what, so we can relax from that front.

• Like 2

Am impressed with his stint in Sweden.

But, at Chelsea, he bitten off more than he chewed.

He won't be short of useful contacts, though.

18 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

That's our lot right now. We're not an attractive proposition for anyone capable of doing a great job with us.

Reverted to type.

21 minutes ago, Simonb said:

I wouldn't be too upset with that situation...

Think about it. We aren't in a great place. There is so much uncertainty with the points deduction, our finances, who's going to leave etc...

If he comes in and does well enough that Utd come for him at Christmas, then we are undoubtedly going to be in a better place. We will know what's happening with our punishment. We will know what kind of squad we have to work with and if Utd are taking him then we will likely be in in a good league position. That will make us a more attractive proposition and give us even more compo from a manager. 

• Like 1