Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

If he tries to drag it out another 2 weeks, Southgate could well be gone or on way if England don’t get out of their group and he might be holding out for a call or to be linked to that job. Ball is in his court.

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

If he tries to drag it out another 2 weeks, Southgate could well be gone or on way if England don’t get out of their group and he might be holding out for a call or to be linked to that job. Ball is in his court.

I don't believe this "holding out for the England job" stuff, insiders know who's likely to be considered anyway and we all know what contracts mean today.

He'll come here if he thinks it will further his career (ie he thinks he can keep us up).

Personally l hope he does, l think he's ok.

50 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I think I might be alone in this thinking or maybe I am just a glass half full!

our football club has been the most successful outside the top 6 in the last 25 years - has a fabulous family owner - has infrastructure like the training ground which is second to none - has developed despite the scepticism youth and has a pipeline - won instant return after relegation and still has significant platform to grow from

i do not quite understand why potter or the like would not see this as a fantastic opportunity - granted we may have a penalty hovering over us but this squad base is good enough with some excellent additions to stay up and then grow……baffles me why so many fans think we are a basket case ……

Completely agree apart from the bit I've changed...

9 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Still holding out for Corberan here!

Potter wouldn’t be the worst pick - better than OGS, better than cooper.

Potter has rejected us, would be expensive, and would carry on with the boring football. He would demand the earth in terms of transfer kitty too.

Corberan for lots of reasons really. He’s hungry and young, and something a bit different. Sticking with a possession focussed game plan, but with quick attacks, low blocks/solid defending where necessary, mad cool ish to mix it up like long throws. He would be cheaper than Potter overall, and can work with next to nothing and with a low expectation.

I am a bit gutted the Sarri links dried up and didn’t come to fruition, he would have been box office, and it would not have been boring, whilst again sticking with the playing ethos that the board wants.

Anybody outside of those three can get in the canal, though I’d say copper would be a close fourth.

It’s going to be Potter !!😉

39 minutes ago, J. James said:

I don't believe this "holding out for the England job" stuff, insiders know who's likely to be considered anyway and we all know what contracts mean today.

He'll come here if he thinks it will further his career (ie he thinks he can keep us up).

Personally l hope he does, l think he's ok.

He is favourite on sky bet, so if you had any aspirations of managing the national team you would hold out as long as possible. As reported at the start of the month.

“Former Chelsea boss Graham Potter set to snub club jobs as he holds out to replace Gareth Southgate as England manager

The former Chelsea boss has been shortlisted by some of Europe's biggest clubs”

“Friends have also revealed that Potter has spoken to many clubs recently to gather information, rather than actively pushing for the posts”

Can't believe  we ain't had anyone lined up knowing we let him talk to Chelsea what was they thinking going on a honeymoon and not sorting this dung before Chelsea announced the guy! We should have been like okay cool we got our man. Would have been a big statement. We don't need you too! But nooo they go on a boating honeymoon and act like things would be okay

Edited by TeamRocket

4 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I prefer Corberan. 
Not sure if Potter is as good as he or the club thinks he is. 
I’m hoping we’ve at least looked or spoken at possibilities from abroad. 

Same here.....I remember Potter at Brighton and they went on a long run without winning games and scoring very little and he did seem very quiet on the touchline 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Wortho said:

What about Lee Carsley?

He'd be a good wildcard pick. A highly respected Coach who might be interested in stepping up. Only downside might be his lack of experience.

Cheap appointment who could well deliver.

2 minutes ago, enmac said:

Decent squad when they came 9th, one place behind City:

Screenshot_20240612-235741.thumb.png.8454ba03f44d3a973cf9bf52db19ccef.png

Didn’t realise just how much they got poached by the greedy six. Crazy when you see it like that 

• Like 1

Just now, KFS said:

Didn’t realise just how much they got poached by the greedy six. Crazy when you see it like that 

Still only came 9th, though. Behind City!

20 minutes ago, enmac said:

Decent squad when they came 9th, one place behind City:

Screenshot_20240612-235741.thumb.png.8454ba03f44d3a973cf9bf52db19ccef.png

Although people judge some poor league finishes in previous posts.

The season they finished 16th their xPTS had them in 5th

The following year they finished 6th.

(By the same token the season we finished 8th our xPTS had us 15th

The following season we finished 18th and were relegated)

• Like 1

Appears the clubs shortlist order is as follows:

1) Potter

2) Corberan 

3) Cooper

Personally, I’m not buying that the club won’t pay £4m compensation for Corberan if they think he’s the right man moving forward. So it seems we are waiting on Potters decision and if he says no, it’ll be Corberan.

Nothing against Potter but I’m hoping he says no so we can bring in Corberan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

What about Lee Carsley?

Now that’s a great shout, surprised he’s not been touted for more jobs this summer. Probably another that’s holding out for any remote chance at the England job. 

• Like 1