Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I think a couple of the more established teams might struggle this year.

Fulham will be weaker and if Brentford lose Toney they might be down there. Everton look like losing Branthwaite and rumours of DCL, Onana etc leaving. Add Forest, Ipswich and Southampton to the mix and it could get tight down the bottom. 

Lets not forget the only reason Forest and Everton were so  close to relegation last season was because of the points deductions.. Everton would have been 11th without theirs...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

No players to coach (they're on holiday or at euros)

No players to buy (window is closed) 

What's the rush? Clearly early summer indication was that Enzo was staying. So they've had to replace him from a standing start. 

It's a very important appointment ahead of a challenging season with a lot of unique limitations, so also not an immediately attractive post. They've got to identify the correct candidate whilst also probably do some persuading to get him here in the first place, whilst also avoiding a stupid Rodgerseque contract. 

I'd rather them take their time and increase chances of getting it right than rush just to appease some twitchy folks on the forum

I spy a sensible post, like dodo's

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

Brentford and Forest are both established Prem teams and they got 39 and 32pts respectively. My only point here is that it's not a given that we need 40 (or the equivalent of 48 - whatever the deduction is) to stay up. Let's set ourselves a target to aim for by all means, but it's not set in stone. We're not the only team in this league with problems, we probably won't be the only team finishing the season with a points deduction to be honest.

Don't forget Forest's point deductions... that would have put them up to 36,  and with Brentford being on 39 then its fiar to say 40 would still be a  safe target to aim for... and when you consider we are likely to get at least  a 6 point deduction, it could put us in real trouble if we only end up with 32 points..

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Palace too if they lose Wharton, Eze and Olise.

I’m not sure that Palace will lose players the window. They have a very good manager and they get lots of playing time there. It’s all good going to a top six team but playing time gets limited.   I have a sneaking suspicion that Palace will challenge for a European spot this season 

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What's the rush? Clearly early summer indication was that Enzo was staying. So they've had to replace him from a standing start. 

It's a very important appointment ahead of a challenging season with a lot of unique limitations, so also not an immediately attractive post. They've got to identify the correct candidate whilst also probably do some persuading to get him here in the first place, whilst also avoiding a stupid Rodgerseque contract. 

I'd rather them take their time and increase chances of getting it right than rush just to appease some twitchy folks on the forum

I think you are both right. It is the euros holidays and window is shut but that makes it a good time to crack on with all the analysis sounding out interviews and contracts. Come July we have a short window for preparation before the serious works starts so we don’t want to eat into that too much. That being said I’d rather take an extra few days or week to get the right candidate. 

Edited by Supergray22

45 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Maresca only went 10 days ago! lol

This is true but it's also been over 3 weeks since we knew he was going. That's when the process should've started, and it might has well have but I wouldn't be surprised at all if we just started our search in the last week. 

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

How long is this taking? I assume we have started interviewing everyone on the shortlist. If not, then what are we playing at.

Not a lot has happened as unfortunately Rudkin has been distracted  and spent most of today posting on his many Foxestalk burner accounts 😂😂 

I am only joking so please don’t take offence 😊

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

1 - Go into the LCFC section

2 - See the Managerial Replacements thread isn't Hot

3 - Focus on my life instead since there isnt any imminent news

4 - Go back to Step 1 two minutes later.

Holding out there for 2 minutes - is that not just a little bit plastic 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Don't mind Potter or Corberan. 

For me there's a balance to be struck - getting the right person in but also getting someone in moderately quickly to give them time with the squad and any potential transfers in/out. 

I'll put money nothing happens till after the Euros. Jon will have his shandies and popcorn ready in front of his big screen TV.

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What's the rush?

Speaking to agents - who aren't on holiday?

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

I know his attire and haircuts have been a bit of a meme on here. But honestly, I want a manager who is all consumed by the game and the club. If you are worried about what your hair looks like or what clobber you're wearing, you are wasting precious time.

Give me a Steve Jobs / Nigel Peason type character. A wardrobe that's full of identical tracksuits and trainers. 

Scott Parker then!