Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Don't Leicester need to ask WBA permission to speak to Corberan first? 

That is usually widely reported when it happens to. 

Unless Corberan and the people involved have got a little more about them than meresca and don’t feel the need to be leaking to the media left right and centre. 

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This would imply that we’re willing to pay the compensation required to get Corberan if he’s our first choice or if Potter turns us down - ie, we won’t be prioritising cheapness over suitability. 

Good news if true.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

If Maresca was forward thinking, he’d have had a plan B

I think last season was about getting good at the plan A and next season we'd have seen more. One of the players (maybe Justin) said they'd been working on stuff they haven't done in games yet. Shame we will never see it

16 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This would imply that we’re willing to pay the compensation required to get Corberan if he’s our first choice or if Potter turns us down - ie, we won’t be prioritising cheapness over suitability. 

Good news if true.

Personally Potter could cost more than Corberan plus compensation imo.

I understand Potter is still being paid by Chelsea until he get's another job or his severance pay runs out (Could be wrong) meaning Potter won't be cheap, I could see Corberan and compo being potentially cheaper.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Ben Petty has left the u21's to go BCFC , so its a double appointment coming in . 

Presuming it’ll be Adam Barradell who’s the U18 manager will now be the U21 manager 

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Personally Potter could cost more than Corberan plus compensation imo.

I understand Potter is still being paid by Chelsea until he get's another job or his severance pay runs out (Could be wrong) meaning Potter won't be cheap, I could see Corberan and compo being potentially cheaper.

Either way, it seems unlikely we’ll go for Cooper simply because he’s cheap, as some have suggested we might. 

9 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Presuming it’ll be Adam Barradell who’s the U18 manager will now be the U21 manager 

Or maybe they'll give it Leon McSweeney who was U21 assistant.

This has been a position I've wanted to be filled by an exciting and dynamic coach but in a rare turn of opinion I actually think our academy decision making is drastically improving.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

He kind of did really. 

I don’t think so. Rigid tactics, late substitutions, little altering of the strategy, not adapting to our opponent’s tactics.

Potter going to Dortmund and Corberan to Leicester doesn't seem that outlandish to me. Potter would be a good fit for Dortmund the more I think about it. Not as big a club / as much expectations as Chelsea, but several steps up from a team battling against relegation.

Corberan meanwhile has looked very promising in the Championship and is probably the right level to now take on a team in our position.

Would be happy with either, but think Corberan would be a better fit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phenom said:

I don’t think so. Rigid tactics, late substitutions, little altering of the strategy, not adapting to our opponent’s tactics.

He did tweak things towards the end and get us over the line after we faltered. Also this was his first full season as a manager. The jury is out for me but he’s definitely got a lot of promise. 

• Like 1