Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

29 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I imagine any contract offer could be quite complicated with the points deduction. We don't know how many points we'll be deducted over the course of the season, so any bonuses could be dependent on either survival or points gained regardless of survival. Or there could be different bonuses awarded upon survival contingent on how many points are deducted.

Not to mention, if survival becomes an almost impossible job, there could be a break clause to negotiate 12 months into a multi-year contract, plus discussions on how the squad will shape up if/when we'll be able to recruit and what pool we'll be fishing in. Youth player development may factor into that too. Plus all the usual stuff about style of play, etc.

This could be one of the most complex hires we've ever had to do. The fact that we have a shortlist and we're getting titbits of information about the kinds of manager we're after, I think, is indicative of a club doing a decent job of doing their due diligence.

For me, all our problems originate when. Rodgers decided he wanted to keep all our good players, then we also awarded expensive contracts to our fringe players for their loyalty and put Rodgers on an eye- watering contract himself.

Not telling Maresca about the issues was also a boo-boo but in terms of managerial appointments, Maresca was a huge gamble but a success and we're clearly putting a lot of thought and effort into these hires instead of going down the easy road and lurching from one ideology to the next hoping something will stick.

Yh as much as I despise him Rudkin in my eyes hasn’t  made an awful managerial appointment in recent years. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

Yh as much as I despise him Rudkin in my eyes hasn’t  made an awful managerial appointment in recent years. 

To be fair, im not sure how much say he's had in the last few appointments?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scanchez said:

Trying to go back through this thread to see if Potter has turned us down (been told he has), but can't find anything.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Also can't find anything online.

I can confirm that no one knows anything

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:
5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

To be fair, im not sure how much say he's had in the last few appointments?

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Bad Decisions: Rudkin

Good Decisions: Someone Else

I was just about to reply to Chelmo:

”You’ll summon the Babylon with talk like this”

The Babylon “Rudkin Injustice Detector” is too quick for me though!!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It is true this. Whilst I'm no fan of Rudkin and would have liked to have seen change at boardroom level after relegation and the ffp issues, none of us actually know what Rudkin does/has done. It's very cheap and easy to just blame Rudkin for everything but there are more people to blame for our woes than just him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It is true this. Whilst I'm no fan of Rudkin and would have liked to have seen change at boardroom level after relegation and the ffp issues, none of us actually know what Rudkin does/has done. It's very cheap and easy to just blame Rudkin for everything but there are more people to blame for our woes than just him. 

Who? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Im not saying that. I don't go crazy on here rubbishing the guy. It's hard to, as i don't know what his role and remit is. Sometimes it's just a talent keeping things running when there is lots of crazy stuff going on around you.

But i think its been reported the Maresca and Brendan were very much Tops targets. Maybe Top does the initial 'wooing' of the candidate and Rudkin works night and day to make it happen. I was just commenting that these might not have been Rudkins targets, but i am sure he would have had a lot to do with the process.

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Im not saying that. I don't go crazy on here rubbishing the guy. It's hard to, as i don't know what his role and remit is. Sometimes it's just a talent keeping things running when there is lots of crazy stuff going on around you.

But i think its been reported the Maresca and Brendan were very much Tops targets. Maybe Top does the initial 'wooing' of the candidate and Rudkin works night and day to make it happen. I was just commenting that these might not have been Rudkins targets, but i am sure he would have had a lot to do with the process.

It was most definitely reported that Rodgers was a Rudkin man... too much so. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I always see this posted, but his job title is director of football...

Of course none of us know what he does right down to a tee, but I think the job title gives a bit of an indication.

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Would you rather the club rushed to appoint somebody without interviewing a number of candidates and get it wrong?

It’s not that, it more relates to how the club has dragged its feet in making big decisions in recent years, alas getting rid of Rodgers…

8 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

It’s not that, it more relates to how the club has dragged its feet in making big decisions in recent years, alas getting rid of Rodgers…

Think we can quite safely say it was  Tops decision to hang on to Rodgers far too long .

That shake of the head at the " Time to act " UFS banner confirmed that .

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I imagine any contract offer could be quite complicated with the points deduction. We don't know how many points we'll be deducted over the course of the season, so any bonuses could be dependent on either survival or points gained regardless of survival. Or there could be different bonuses awarded upon survival contingent on how many points are deducted.

Not to mention, if survival becomes an almost impossible job, there could be a break clause to negotiate 12 months into a multi-year contract, plus discussions on how the squad will shape up if/when we'll be able to recruit and what pool we'll be fishing in. Youth player development may factor into that too. Plus all the usual stuff about style of play, etc.

This could be one of the most complex hires we've ever had to do. The fact that we have a shortlist and we're getting titbits of information about the kinds of manager we're after, I think, is indicative of a club doing a decent job of doing their due diligence.

For me, all our problems originate when. Rodgers decided he wanted to keep all our good players, then we also awarded expensive contracts to our fringe players for their loyalty and put Rodgers on an eye- watering contract himself.

Not telling Maresca about the issues was also a boo-boo but in terms of managerial appointments, Maresca was a huge gamble but a success and we're clearly putting a lot of thought and effort into these hires instead of going down the easy road and lurching from one ideology to the next hoping something will stick.

Sensible post

what the fvck are you doing posting on Foxestalk 🧐😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

The current situation in short -

If you wanna pick a Potter while Potter picks a club, you wanna be a Potter picker before another club, if that club's a Potter picker and Potter picks it too, then you better have a picker who can pocket Potter for you. 

You've got to pick a Potter or two 

image.png.73a0134780a04fbc0f51a02c1124ed64.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

There is actually a chance he's waiting to see about the England job. 

We could be hanging on until Englands fate is decided in the Euros.

When do we get a final decision on the points deduction ? Could be waiting on that 

If Potter is not 100% all in, move on. Simple.

Although it would be so Rudkin to get him on board, England get knocked out of the Euros, they approach Potter and he goes without managing a game. Whilst we appoint Cooper which we could have done a month prior!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Finally, you get it:ph34r:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

If Potter is not 100% all in, move on. Simple.

Although it would be so Rudkin to get him on board, England get knocked out of the Euros, they approach Potter and he goes without managing a game. Whilst we appoint Cooper which we could have done a month prior!!

I see what you're saying here.

You're saying we appoint Potter. Then England come in and offer him the job. We get more compensation,  and we're generating money without having to actually sell anyone?

Masterclass!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

I see what you're saying here.

You're saying we appoint Potter. Then England come in and offer him the job. We get more compensation,  and we're generating money without having to actually sell anyone?

Masterclass!

In Rudkin we trust!!!!