Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

29 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

When do we get a final decision on the points deduction ? Could be waiting on that

There's that too. There's so many moving parts this summer and so many unknowns such as points deductions, budget, other opportunities that might arise after the Euros.

Be a surprise if potter commits right now. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

When you view Corberan from a distance he looks an absolute stunner. Like an Iborra level 9/10. But the closer you get the less attractive he becomes. As someone who’s always looked better from a distance this makes me fully endorse him and I say bring him in. As a club were a fvcking riot up close too so it seems a perfect fit.

Also I put my slippers on just and the heel of one of them started flapping open. This, along with the fact it’s a Thursday and my blue bin is due out, really does point to him coming in. The signs are all there. What more do you need, an actual spider plant delivery even though you ordered kale? Also, anyone ever see that old cartoon about some knight or something and he has a sword but the sword was broken? And he’s on some kind of quest. And I think at the end the sword is fixed but I couldn’t be sure. Some 80s thing? I’ve never been able to find it anywhere and no idea what is was called but I’d love to see it again. Had it on vhs. Makes you think eh?

We've (my group of friends) always used that description for a member of the opposite sex as a Bette Midler as in they look great From a Distance but it gets quite disappointing the nearer you get.

It's probably the same for that person the nearer they get to us tbf.😄

Now De Zerbi has the Marseille job I’m curious as to where Sergio Conceicao will end up. 

Thought he would be snapped up by Lazio but they went in a completely different direction. 

14 hours ago, MonarchFox said:

Yeah, Martin O'Neill was shit wasn't he

Nothing like rolling back the years 🤣🤣 we can better than cooper and everyone knows it. Be a bum appointment 

41 minutes ago, RAZZAFOX said:

Ya know that film Groundhog Day ..........

Coming up to 250 pages of it now 😂

Ya know that film Groundhog Day ..........

Coming up to 250 pages of it now 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I always see this posted, but his job title is director of football...

Of course none of us know what he does right down to a tee, but I think the job title gives a bit of an indication.

The contracts/signings etc you'd imagine he'd over see but many seem to blame him for the financial problems but ultimately, he would have been given budgets to use which would have been set by Whelan. Cant hide mistakes have been made with signings and contracts etc but it's not all on Rudkin but he's also not totally blameless. 

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I always see this posted, but his job title is director of football...

Of course none of us know what he does right down to a tee, but I think the job title gives a bit of an indication.

I have no insight into what Rudkin does however as his Job title is director of football that means that day to day operations in the footballing side of the club. Which means that when it comes to footballing decisions such as which manager to appoint, player trading, the coaching scouting and physio team the buck stops with him.

16 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I have no insight into what Rudkin does however as his Job title is director of football that means that day to day operations in the footballing side of the club. Which means that when it comes to footballing decisions such as which manager to appoint, player trading, the coaching scouting and physio team the buck stops with him.

JR is one of a small number including Susan, Top and Martyn Glover so JR comes into an unfair amount of criticism as its a collaborative process - like any well ran football club its not a one man or lady issue!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Also, anyone ever see that old cartoon about some knight or something and he has a sword but the sword was broken? And he’s on some kind of quest. And I think at the end the sword is fixed but I couldn’t be sure. Some 80s thing? I’ve never been able to find it anywhere and no idea what is was called but I’d love to see it again. Had it on vhs. Makes you think eh?

image.jpeg.30887376eae124723a6838df58ba1923.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

JR is one of a small number including Susan, Top and Martyn Glover so JR comes into an unfair amount of criticism as its a collaborative process - like any well ran football club its not a one man or lady issue!

He is director of football he is in charge of the footballing side of the club. Martin Glover is not at the same level as Rudkin as head of recruitment he will report to Jon Rudkin as director of football. 

Whealan is in charge of the operations side of the club which yes in recent years have also had huge issues and there is warranted criticisms that she should face however she is not in charge of the footballing side of the club as director of football that role lies with Rudkin.

Top is the owner so ultimately it is up to him to hire the fire the people who run the club on a day to day basis. Whether he deserves criticism for not changing these people when there are obvious issues is up to everyone's oppionion but I definitely think some of the criticism is warented. However as far as day to day running of the club goes that is not what Top will be involved with.

12 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Hallmarks of an announcement of Cooper snuck in on Sunday night just as England succumb to a dire 1-0 own goal defeat. 

Urrgh

This sounds far to likely for my liking.

The more this drags on, the more confident I am that we'll ultimately get the right man.

Patience is a virtue.

23 hours ago, Babylon said:

Maresca only went 10 days ago! lol

To be fair planning should be before he goes, and it was obvious he was leaving a week or two before then.

Its poor organisation to only start the replacement work when the manager leaves.