Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

6 hours ago, Ely fox said:

Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 were awful last night. I think Germany and Hungary will go through and Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 to finish bottom of their group with 2 losses against Germany and Hungary and a 0-0 turgid bore draw with Switzerland. 

Hungary look truly dreadful, Scotland should get a result against them i think.. Losing by only a couple.

Swiss look organised and in control.. Oh dear, poor Scotland!

28 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The longer this is going on makes me wonder if we have our eye on a manager involved in the euros we have previously shown interest in Roberto Martinez and Kasper Helmund of Denmark 

No way.

Be complete farce to be pursuing any manager at the Euros - even with our recruitment and business policy as it currently is.

6 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I think it’s Potters to turn down again. He’s probably got the weekend to think through and give his reply early next week - assume it’ll be nah  

I'm good with that !!!

• Like 1

i’m happy with either of the 2 options but i’m not sure i would be excited with potter. Happy but I don’t think i’d get the feeling of ‘could we do something special here’. 

Corberan has that unknown appeal and the style would hopefully be more watchable. For that reason, he’s still my preference. 

The way potter left chelsea always felt a little distasteful and that’s left an impression on me. He demanded all the staff went with him because he didn’t want any of his ideas left with them. That might sound normal but it wasn’t… he took the staff that were there before him..including brighton legend bruno. That’s someone who obviously just sees a club as a vessel for their personal gain… it’s not someone buying into a club and being passionate about them. 

im not surprised they didn’t want him back. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m happy with either of the 2 options but i’m not sure i would be excited with potter. Happy but I don’t think i’d get the feeling of ‘could we do something special here’. 

Corberan has that unknown appeal and the style would hopefully be more watchable. For that reason, he’s still my preference. 

The way potter left chelsea always felt a little distasteful and that’s left an impression on me. He demanded all the staff went with him because he didn’t want any of his ideas left with them. That might sound normal but it wasn’t… he took the staff that were there before him..including brighton legend bruno. That’s someone who obviously just sees a club as a vessel for their personal gain… it’s not someone buying into a club and being passionate about them. 

Potter & Chelsea did Brighton dirty. They gutted the Brighton team but Brighton wont be worried about FFP.

38 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

A very good post mate.

I guess the only bit worth considering is that Potter obviously saw the Chelsea gig as a huge opportunity and having his coaching team around him would have given him the best chance to succeed which obviously didn’t happen regardless.

7 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Potter & Chelsea did Brighton dirty. They gutted the Brighton team but Brighton wont be worried about FFP.

in hindsight brighton won but could have easily left them in a heap if they’d got the next manager appointment wrong. 

The fact Potter doesn’t appear to be eager to join us to me just highlights that he sees himself as bigger and better than us. Another case of using us as a shop window rather than as a project you could achieve things with.  It’s fine for a manager to have ambitions if they are putting everything in but there’s organic ways to be rewarded after good service at a club and I hope we find someone who is just as  happy to stay with us long term and build their vision. 

• Like 3

The Managers job at Leicester is going to be a tough one that will require 100% dedication from the manager. If Potter needs this much time to decide I feel he is not that enthusiastic about the task. Not sure we are trendy enough for him & he has concerns about relegation on his CV.

4 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The Managers job at Leicester is going to be a tough one that will require 100% dedication from the manager. If Potter needs this much time to decide I feel he is not that enthusiastic about the task. Not sure we are trendy enough for him & he has concerns about relegation on his CV.

To me it signals that he’s being thoughtful about it and wants to make sure he can give us his all.

14 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

We dont know if he’s been offered it yet?

Maybe the opposite is true. If he thought he was Billy big bollocks he would have no doubt he could keep us up and enhance his reputation as well as an opportunity to reestablish us as a club competing for Europe. So if he's got doubts then he's doubting his own ability.

Spin.