Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 minute ago, ThurmastonFox said:

There’s something that’s nagging me about the Chelsea announcement that Maresca won’t start until 1/7/24, maybe we can’t announce someone until then?

Is Enzo on our payroll till then?  

23 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

There’s something that’s nagging me about the Chelsea announcement that Maresca won’t start until 1/7/24, maybe we can’t announce someone until then?

They gave the same start date for when Poch joined them last season, I wouldn’t read much into it, I imagine it’s some way of navigating certain financial rules.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

They gave the same start date for when Poch joined them last season, I wouldn’t read much into it, I imagine it’s some way of navigating certain financial rules.

Agreed, If he was telling them how he would get the best out of Fernandez during the interview process, then no doubt he has been working on stuff since being announced 

Think they're mixing up the way amortisation works.

As in 50mill over 5 years is 10mill on the accounts per year. Thing is with sales it goes on straight away. Purchases are spread on the accounts sales aren't as far as I'm aware. So a 50mill sale this year goes on the accounts as 50mill, not 10 a year for the next 5.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The Sun are saying that for accounting reasons the £10m compo package from Chelsea for FFP is like a £50m player sale. Is anyone able to say if that’s right or bullshit?

See points deduction thread 

or save your time - it’s bollux (the sun that is)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Royal Ascot this week, plenty of king power runners, would imagine top and Rudkin be there all week. Be surprised if anything’s done before next weekend now! 

I heard they have invited candidates to Tops private box for interviews. 

2 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

From bits I've heard, Potter was interviewed last week and still hasn't got back to us regarding whether he wants the job or not. I think he'd be a good choice and the best we could get and I think the owners know that too. But equally we can't wait forever and we need a manager in place ASAP. Maybe it's time to move on.

if this is the case then fvck him off now, from the list we’ve been led to believe are in the running them yes he’d have been up there.

But if he’s acting all big shot then give me a Moyes any day of the week who will put blood sweat and tears into the role from day one 

• Like 2

Moyes said in an interview (I think it was Talksport) that he’s not looking to get straight back in. He’s wanting a few months break. He’s had some interesting phone calls, but he wants a break.

Heard it from the horses mouth.

Think we can rule him out.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Moyes said in an interview (I think it was Talksport) that he’s not looking to get straight back in. He’s wanting a few months break. He’s had some interesting phone calls, but he wants a break.

Heard it from the horses mouth.

Think we can rule him out.

Waiting to see who gets the sack before Christmas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, enmac said:

Moyes is at the Euros, then. Maybe we're waiting for him to finish there?

I sincerely hope not. We need a younger man with new ideas.

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

if this is the case then fvck him off now, from the list we’ve been led to believe are in the running them yes he’d have been up there.

But if he’s acting all big shot then give me a Moyes any day of the week who will put blood sweat and tears into the role from day one 

Massively overrated .A bit of a myth.

We can do better!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I sincerely hope not. We need a younger man with new ideas.

The club wants to appoint a young manager who favours possession football like Enzo. We are not going to appoint David Moyes.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

I’d now go for Robins at this point. He would want to prove himself in the Prem and good at working with a budget. 

I think with Robins, I feel he won't ha e so much success compared to what he's done at Cov. He has done a great job there and to keep them competitive for the playoffs and in the fa cup is some feet. However, the club and manager just click. Like Pearson and us. Pearson really hasn't as much success as he did here because it all clicked for him. Right manager right club at the right time. 

I just think if he left for another club, he wouldn't be as successful.