Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

47 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

EURO 2024 sponsored by AliExpress despite constant warnings about the perils of buying fake shirts 

Couldn't find one on there earlier...

6 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Moyes said in an interview (I think it was Talksport) that he’s not looking to get straight back in. He’s wanting a few months break. He’s had some interesting phone calls, but he wants a break.

Heard it from the horses mouth.

Think we can rule him out.

It’s not David Moyes. I literally heard him, with my own ears. Literally.

3 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Someone on the Baggies forum says he has heard that an individual that works at Leicester says it’s David Mayes - however he is currently a pundit for the Euros so I guess unlikely 

Probably wishful thinking by a WBA fan. I don't think that being a pundit at the Euro's will effect whether his agent does the deal or not (if offered). 

Fàbregas will be a good manager I think, he was the type of player who you knew would be a natural, he helped get Como promoted last season and he knows the English game. I’d like him to be our manager at some point in the future. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Only just realised this is completely the wrong thread.

Unless you were suggesting that Rudkin was planning on getting our new manager from Aliexpress.

Which - given his track record and abilities - would not be entirely outside the realm of possibility. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

EURO 2024 sponsored by AliExpress despite constant warnings about the perils of buying fake shirts 

I don't think conducting our manager search on AliExpress would have a good outcome though

2 hours ago, indierich06 said:

If it was a straight shoot between Potter - who sounds like he'd need convincing - and Corberan - who sounds like he'd see it as a genuine step up - then I'd give it to Corberan to be honest. 

If Potter's just taking it because we're the only show in town and he's not really that arsed, then that's only going to end badly. I really rate the guy, but if he doesn't want it, then we shouldn't offer it. 

he’s had other prem club offers  in the last couple of months but has turned them down..

2 hours ago, MPH said:

he’s had other prem club offers  in the last couple of months but has turned them down..

He may have wanted to start in the summer, or not fancied the project, or been locked into his Chelsea contract until a set date.  Or he might have an unreasonably high opinion of himself.

6 hours ago, lfu said:

I don't think conducting our manager search on AliExpress would have a good outcome though

People were sceptical last year when we signed Pep Guardiola on Wish. The owners were encouraged by how it turned out, but heard that Ali Express has more accurate product descriptions so decided to go with them this time. Having pulled Rudkins browser history, he has been looking on there for Klopp, Xavi, Conte and Bielsa.

7 hours ago, lfu said:

Surley Enzo was an aliex Pep... and like the shirts, was a very good copy but dont last very long

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ngolo Kante needed convincing. 

People get weirdly emotional about shit in football. If someone accepts the job they accept the job. 

Doesn't everyone need convincing in some form or another? The more someone needs convincing, the more their stock is likely to be higher. It's not a bad thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Doesn't everyone need convincing in some form or another? The more someone needs convincing, the more their stock is likely to be higher. It's not a bad thing. 

You know who probably didn't need convincing? Josh Low.

• Haha 1