Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

On 15/06/2024 at 20:08, winteriscoming said:

Corberan for me. 
Those stats really don’t do Potter any favors imo. I just think Potter is overrated. 

Would you be happy if we ended the next PL season on 46 points ( ie 1.22 PPG)?

I would.

Apologies if this has already been covered, but if the figures quoted for Enzo's release clause equates to £50 mill of player sales - are we seriously going to negate that by shelling out on any in contract coaching staff?

12 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Apologies if this has already been covered, but if the figures quoted for Enzo's release clause equates to £50 mill of player sales - are we seriously going to negate that by shelling out on any in contract coaching staff?

If we have to pay compensation, it will very likely be pushed into the new accounting period.

The £50m claim is highly dubious, though.

22 minutes ago, BluethroughtheMiddle said:

Hasnt the transfer embargo now been lifted due to the money for Enzo?

The transfer embargo was imposed by the EFL (Championship)

It's been lifted, as we are no longer under their jurisdiction. We are now Premier League again.

We are still very likely to fall foul of FFP/PSR rules for the 23/24 season. Enzo money will help, but i fear not solve the problem.

All of the above, have no bearing on the charges already bought to us for falling foul of FFP/PSR for the previous seasons. - Which we will more than likely have a large points deduction for, during the coming season.

Hope this helps

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gloria said:

I’ve seen this a few times, can someone explain the reasoning of to this to me in an idiot guide please lol 

I’m struggling to understand the reasoning behind this, are we simply stating that we will get the full £10m upfront rather than spread across 5 years?

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Personally I'd be pleased with this outcome. Have there been any credible reports that Corberan would definitely take it if it was offered to him?

For someone already employed I would find it strange if they are to go through this entire process to then not take the job.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

If we have to pay compensation, it will very likely be pushed into the new accounting period.

The £50m claim is highly dubious, though.

I'd say that would just be shifting the problem along, so probably, classic LCFC accounting 😭

8 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

For someone already employed I would find it strange if they are to go through this entire process to then not take the job.

Do we know how much of the 'process' Corberan has gone through? How many times have we spoken to him? 

9 minutes ago, Gloria said:

I'd say that would just be shifting the problem along, so probably, classic LCFC accounting 😭

Not really. If paying the compensation this accounting period means we breach PSR, it is perfectly sensible accounting to move it to the next period.

Quite, but our overspending culture needs to change, not just shifting to the next accounting period. Find a coach where buy-out clause doesn't apply - not easy, but that's what JR gets the big bucks for I imagine?!

28 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’ve seen this a few times, can someone explain the reasoning of to this to me in an idiot guide please lol 

I’m struggling to understand the reasoning behind this, are we simply stating that we will get the full £10m upfront rather than spread across 5 years?

I've seen the explanation a few times from people more knowledgeable than me. Based on that I understand player purchase costs are amortised over the life of the contract, so buying a player for £50million on a 5 year contract would result in a £10million charge per year, but player (or manager) sales a realised in the year they happen.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

Yep 1974 should've given us some European football :(

The Wortho and Weller era.  The Birch was also playing then.  Great entertaining football. Manager was Jimmy Bloomfield who , as you say, got us within a whisker of the UEFA Cup places 👍😁

33 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I've seen the explanation a few times from people more knowledgeable than me. Based on that I understand player purchase costs are amortised over the life of the contract, so buying a player for £50million on a 5 year contract would result in a £10million charge per year, but player (or manager) sales a realised in the year they happen.

Really? I thought Fofana’s deal we received the payments across the length of his contract not in one sum?

52 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I dont understand it either, and i think its just dodgy reporting. Player sales would all go into the existing financial period as well. I thought it was only purchases that were amortised. 

• Like 1