Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

12 hours ago, the draper said:

The wait for a hip replacement is shorter 

I wish- I cant get to matches now been waiting for over 2 years and will have to go private  if i cannot get a decision soon

• Sad 2

Apparently some "other" club has tried to poach Savage but he's decided to take the head coach job at Macclesfield instead.  Has even the Golden Retriever turned us down? 

Edited by RAZZAFOX

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Took 20 days from the last game of the season to the date we appointed Maresca

We are currently on day 16 since he officially left

So hopefully we hear something by the end of the week

Stuff like this can drag on for ages anyway, Brighton took nearly a month to appoint their new manager

Has it really only been 16 days since he left?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Has it really only been 16 days since he left?!

Thank f**k the Euro's is on because otherwise I'd have gone insane waiting for some news. The silence is deafening and they've successfully made me care less about their incompetence out of boredom.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Let's be honest. The Leicester job is not a great one for a manager to take on. A pending points deduction, a recent history of poor upper management decisions & the probability of losing players. I don't blame Potter or any other candidate for being gun shy. I'm sure they all have knowledge of how incompetent Rudkin is and they want a big say on incoming & outgoing transfers.

Potter will be fully aware that our previous two managers both publicly complained about being kept in the dark about our situation re: PSR and transfer budgets, etc. Even if the club has promised him a transfer budget he deems acceptable, he may be taking his time until he's absolutely certain we're being straight with him. Personally I wouldn't hold that against him as that's exactly what I would do in the circumstances. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Potter will be fully aware that our previous two managers both publicly complained about being kept in the dark about our situation re: PSR and transfer budgets, etc. Even if the club has promised him a transfer budget he deems acceptable, he may be taking his time until he's absolutely certain we're being straight with him. Personally I wouldn't hold that against him as that's exactly what I would do in the circumstances. 

Especially given his stock took such a hit at Chelsea. He went from one of the most promising managers in English football to a bit of a joke overnight, and he probably cannot afford another bad spell. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Just wondering if that’s the stumbling block for any replacements for Maresca the fact the powers to be can’t be and have been known not to be transparent of financial situations such as PSR FFP etc, I just hope we do t end up having a desperation appointment of a never heard of failure or  has been that will jeopardise our first season back up ?

But also there’s the situation of legal action it’s been wildly publicised that along with Man City and Other PL clubs that are taking legal action with the Premier League over the PSR FFP fiascos, what impact this also could have on finding a decent replacement for Maresca with us embroiled into a legal battle with the Dodgy PL ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Especially given his stock took such a hit at Chelsea. He went from one of the most promising managers in English football to a bit of a joke overnight, and he probably cannot afford another bad spell. 

There were bits coming out of Chelsea that some of the players didn’t think Potter was a good enough manager to manage these so called superstars they wanted someone with a decent pedigree a name bigger than Potter a Maureen or Tuchel but they got Brightons manager who wasn’t good enough for them some couldn’t quite get on with Potter and that’s why the results were schitt !

8 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Just wondering if that’s the stumbling block for any replacements for Maresca the fact the powers to be can’t be and have been known not to be transparent of financial situations such as PSR FFP etc, I just hope we do t end up having a desperation appointment of a never heard of failure or  has been that will jeopardise our first season back up ?

But also there’s the situation of legal action it’s been wildly publicised that along with Man City and Other PL clubs that are taking legal action with the Premier League over the PSR FFP fiascos, what impact this also could have on finding a decent replacement for Maresca with us embroiled into a legal battle with the Dodgy PL ?

Being Devil's advocate here, Maresca, with a modicum of looking, would have known about our previous two losses, known we'd just been relegated and likely going to post another large loss. He'd have known in the summer he had to sell to buy (were we shocked?) and then proceeded to spend about £40m, a huge budget. 

To then turn around and say "Oh you have financial issues, why didn't someone tell me", or "Oh nobody told me I had to sell to buy until January". Did you ask before that? Did you not do any research? What changed from selling to buy in the summer to make you think it would be different? He was hardly operating under loads of financial barriers last season.

Rodger's I have a modicum of empathy for (despite him wasting so much money on signings being one of the biggest issues). Even then, he'd have known out history of having to sell an asset. It was hardly hidden, so to then not be able to shift an asset was a big issue. Perhaps if he'd not injured half of them, we would have done. He'd have known about the losses, and the rules as well as everyone else. 

No smoke without fire and all that; I'm sure there is an issue with the lack of dialogue and perhaps needing to spell it all out, but scratch the surface a little, and it's not like we didn't know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is why we should just prioritise Corberan. He has worked under very tight constraints and this is a great opportunity for him and us. Pay the £4m and be done with it.

Potter Corberan or even cooper. Three decent choices so just choose now while we still have choices. If potter doesn’t want it then he is not right for us. £4 m is decent value in the scheme of things. We don’t want to miss the opportunity that the  pre season presents. That will be crucial to us staying up and we need to get off to a good start looking at those fixtures. 

Any prospective manager looks at our fixture list on the whole it’s not too bad for us could have been worse.

We definitely can win a good chunk of those games against the bottom 6 and hopefully a couple against midtable sides would be a bonus if we can beat any of the Top 7.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I find it genuinely bizarre that people are totally incapable of just being patient, and just because the information isn't leaked left, right and centre, it just has to mean we're not doing anything. 

Hiring a manager is a huge decision; it caught us on the hop, and I don't think it's something anyone expected to happen just yet. We're in a weird position of having a potential penalty hanging over us, which makes it even more complicated. 

We could have hired a shit manager ages ago, I'd rather they took their time and made an informed decision and tried to get the best we possibly could. Rather than appeasing the impatient. 

Remember, if it’s not in the news, it’s not happening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

Personally, I can't see any 'big' club taking a chance on him again any time soon, and when you look outside of the traditional 'top 6' in the PL, which clubs would really be a) realistic and b) an attractive option other than us? Maybe Newcastle? Though I think they'd potentially swerve him too. Maybe Southampton if they have a bad start? I think we give him a pretty attractive route back into PL football, I think his other options either have to be international management, or going abroad somewhere.

10 hours ago, deep blue said:

On the other hand, any manager could look upon it as a "no lose" challenge.  Given the difficulties under which he would be working, his stock wouldn't be reduced if we were relegated under him.

I share the concern that if we are truly waiting for an answer from Potter, and he keeps us waiting much longer, then our ability to find an alternative may get harder with each passing day.  For example, I've seen it said that Corberan is in daily touch with the WBA hierarchy about their plans for next season.  If true, then the further down the line we go the more likely he is to become welded to his West Brom plans & future and less likely to be tempted away.  Meanwhile, the other viable alternatives may have lost patience with us and signed up elsewhere.

I think the “no lose challenge” depends on the length of the contract personally. If the club gets relegated depending on the length of your contract you run the risk of getting stuck in the championship. 

It’s another reason I want Corberan because I believe should we get relegated, obviously depending on the style we get relegated, we can stick with a manager and a style.

11 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Personally, I can't see any 'big' club taking a chance on him again any time soon, and when you look outside of the traditional 'top 6' in the PL, which clubs would really be a) realistic and b) an attractive option other than us? Maybe Newcastle? Though I think they'd potentially swerve him too. Maybe Southampton if they have a bad start? I think we give him a pretty attractive route back into PL football, I think his other options either have to be international management, or going abroad somewhere.

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

There were bits coming out of Chelsea that some of the players didn’t think Potter was a good enough manager to manage these so called superstars they wanted someone with a decent pedigree a name bigger than Potter a Maureen or Tuchel but they got Brightons manager who wasn’t good enough for them some couldn’t quite get on with Potter and that’s why the results were schitt !

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

Given that Chelsea have just appointed a manager with less than a season and a half of first team managerial experience, I wouldn’t say the door has been firmly shut on his Chelsea adventure. And Chelsea’s new manager apparently had his season saved my player intervention.

8 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

The club needs to get this done and dusted. It can't be this hard to interview 2 people. What they doing, a 2 stage interview process 😄

They'll need to get references and do a Psychometric test.

• Haha 1

July 1st so the compo comes out of next season's accounts. Maybe they think the Enzo compo received is enough to cover our shortfall from last season? Therefore no need to sell KDH. 

Nothing will get done before the euros anyway, so no point worrying 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I find it genuinely bizarre that people are totally incapable of just being patient, and just because the information isn't leaked left, right and centre, it just has to mean we're not doing anything. 

Hiring a manager is a huge decision; it caught us on the hop, and I don't think it's something anyone expected to happen just yet. We're in a weird position of having a potential penalty hanging over us, which makes it even more complicated. 

We could have hired a shit manager ages ago, I'd rather they took their time and made an informed decision and tried to get the best we possibly could. Rather than appeasing the impatient. 

Completely agree with this, however, my worry is we are practically on our knees trying to sell the project to Potter. Not saying this is the case, but if he’s not fully committed then move on, the club has too much uncertainty around it already the last thing we need is someone in charge who have doubts. If the players pick up on this vibe then you’ve got a Rodgers situation all over again.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

To then turn around and say "Oh you have financial issues, why didn't someone tell me", or "Oh nobody told me I had to sell to buy until January". Did you ask before that? Did you not do any research? What changed from selling to buy in the summer to make you think it would be different? He was hardly operating under loads of financial barriers last season.

Playing devils advocate similar to your original post, I guess this comes down to personality, if you are a man who builds the relationship on trust then you take their word for it despite any fears that you have. It’s a sh*t show all round to be honest and stinks of telling someone what they want to hear to get them in as it’ll be tomorrows problem. Which I feel is happening right now with Potter too.