Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I find it genuinely bizarre that people are totally incapable of just being patient, and just because the information isn't leaked left, right and centre, it just has to mean we're not doing anything. 

Hiring a manager is a huge decision; it caught us on the hop, and I don't think it's something anyone expected to happen just yet. We're in a weird position of having a potential penalty hanging over us, which makes it even more complicated. 

We could have hired a shit manager ages ago, I'd rather they took their time and made an informed decision and tried to get the best we possibly could. Rather than appeasing the impatient. 

16 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

The club needs to get this done and dusted. It can't be this hard to interview 2 people. What they doing, a 2 stage interview process 😄

:frusty:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

How you receive the money is a cashflow issue. From a financial reporting perspective you would put the full amount in the current period.

So let’s say we was to appoint Corberan tomorrow whilst paying the £4m release fee.

If we was to offer him a 4 year contract, it would show as £1m outcost per year for the 4 years, but this year would show a £10m income for Enzo?

Effectively meaning this year would show a profit of £9m from managerial change?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Being Devil's advocate here, Maresca, with a modicum of looking, would have known about our previous two losses, known we'd just been relegated and likely going to post another large loss. He'd have known in the summer he had to sell to buy (were we shocked?) and then proceeded to spend about £40m, a huge budget. 

To then turn around and say "Oh you have financial issues, why didn't someone tell me", or "Oh nobody told me I had to sell to buy until January". Did you ask before that? Did you not do any research? What changed from selling to buy in the summer to make you think it would be different? He was hardly operating under loads of financial barriers last season.

Rodger's I have a modicum of empathy for (despite him wasting so much money on signings being one of the biggest issues). Even then, he'd have known out history of having to sell an asset. It was hardly hidden, so to then not be able to shift an asset was a big issue. Perhaps if he'd not injured half of them, we would have done. He'd have known about the losses, and the rules as well as everyone else. 

No smoke without fire and all that; I'm sure there is an issue with the lack of dialogue and perhaps needing to spell it all out, but scratch the surface a little, and it's not like we didn't know.

Pivoting to arguing that the manager should have been auditing the club's accounts as well as managing the first team isn't going to help you beat the 'I love John Rudkin' allegations.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, ACF said:

Finance vs Accounting. Cash flow is different to book values.

It’s boggling my brain brother lol For example, Souttar we signed for £15m, 18 months ago. I’ve seen many state that we need to sell him for around £11m for the books to balance and not show as a loss on the books.

yet if we got £10m for him and that full amount shows on the books for this year, but only an outcost of £3m this year due to the length of his contract, surely that would show as a £7m profit this year no?

Obviously I am aware that you’ll still have to pay the reminder of the fee across other years but a year like this year where we are desperate for funds to avoid another points deduction then surely it’s worth biting the bullet?

Doesn't work like that. If you buy an asset for say £15m and amortise/write down the value over say 5 years that is, as you say, £3m per year. BUT, if you sell that asset after two years, it's book value is £9m (15-(2x3)=9).

If you receive £10m, then that is £1m profit against book value. You cannot continue to amortise or claim depreciation for an asset that you no longer own, hence you deduct the full outstanding value from the sale price. This is why it is important not to sell at a loss against book value, as the whole loss goes into that years accounts.

The fact that you may still be paying for the asset in instalments is purely cash flow, not profit and loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Pivoting to arguing that the manager should have been auditing the club's accounts as well as managing the first team isn't going to help you beat the 'I love John Rudkin' allegations.

They don’t have to audit accounts ffs, do you not take a modicum of interest in a company you are moving to?

Does he not have an agent who can explore these things and ask questions?

I mean it’s common bloody sense that a relegated team is going to have to cut back. 

This is dead basic stuff. 

It’s like taking the job as Bernard Manning’s assistant and feigning shock that he’s a bit racist 6 months later. 

Clearly there are issues that need addressing, I clearly stated no smoke without fire. But people acting like it’s somehow a shock that money was tight are having a laugh. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They don’t have to audit accounts ffs, do you not take a modicum of interest in a company you are moving to?

Does he not have an agent who can explore these things and ask questions?

I mean it’s common bloody sense that a relegated team is going to have to cut back. 

This is dead basic stuff. 

It’s like taking the job as Bernard Manning’s assistant and feigning shock that he’s a bit racist 6 months later. 

Clearly there are issues that need addressing, I clearly stated no smoke without fire. But people acting like it’s somehow a shock that money was tight are having a laugh. 

Damn right, that's what a job interview is for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Damn right, that's what a job interview is for.

Clearly they might have said no worries mate, and don’t worry about January… but it’s clear we had to sell at the very start. He also spent the best part of £40m and probably the largest wage bill the league has ever seen. Not exactly that hard done by, in fact he was generously backed. 

Perhaps these prospective managers will actually bother looking into it and find we are in a pickle because we gave Rodgers lots of time, because we have him lots of money (and he wasted it), because we gave Maresca £40m to spend rather than saying “play the kids”. 

• Like 4

I'm hearing we're just gonna go ahead without a manager. 

Therefore meaning Top & Co don't have to payout on an inevitable expensive sacking, and in the process it means we don't have to pay a running wage to a manager or his staff, saving on costs. 

image.png.d7780e5411051a9636aee2ef6eae11ba.png

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Therefore meaning Top & Co don't have to payout on an inevitable expensive sacking, and in the process it means we don't have to pay a running wage to a manager or his staff, saving on costs. 

We've done it before. Just have the board do it all.

Screenshot_20240618_145516_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The Savage Way

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I’ve heard Rudkin has been doing not too bad on the PC game Football Manager he plays non stop in his office forgetting his other duties and will be taking over the role as manager trainer & Physiotherapist for the foreseeable future 😉

2 hours ago, urban fox said:

Doesn't work like that. If you buy an asset for say £15m and amortise/write down the value over say 5 years that is, as you say, £3m per year. BUT, if you sell that asset after two years, it's book value is £9m (15-(2x3)=9).

If you receive £10m, then that is £1m profit against book value. You cannot continue to amortise or claim depreciation for an asset that you no longer own, hence you deduct the full outstanding value from the sale price. This is why it is important not to sell at a loss against book value, as the whole loss goes into that years accounts.

The fact that you may still be paying for the asset in instalments is purely cash flow, not profit and loss.

Clever bugger... Now explain the new offside rule then! 🤣

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, the draper said:

Mate of mine works for a bookie Victor chandler's.. 

Someone tried to have £1000 at 4/1 on Cooper 

They let him have 200 

And the price collapses 

These bookies are clueless like the rest of us 

I guess the point would be why is someone trying to bet a grand on Cooper unless they have inside info.

• Like 1