Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

33 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Think this is my biggest plus about Potter - If you took any two points 12 months apart of a Potter tenure at any of his clubs you would struggle to find one where the latter wasn't stronger. He does seem to progress - albeit pretty slowly.

There's also the fact that, if we'd had a choice between Potter and either of our last two managers at the points both got the job, you'd snap his hand off at either time. 

Survival this season and then build in season two. He's a project manager rather than a short term firefighter.

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Too cynical/conspiratorial to suggest this was leaked to a journo around the same time as the ticket price increases? 

Nope. It''s blatant. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Too cynical/conspiratorial to suggest this was leaked to a journo around the same time as the ticket price increases? 

It's exactly how our club operates. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Percy ominously quiet, not convinced this is as close as many outlets are making out.

Hope not anyway, still want Corberan.

Tanner doesn’t think so either. Seems a lot of journalist jumping on the bandwagon 

3 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Hopefully have new gaffer by the end of the week but we need someone in asap to sort out contracts and what players he wants etc, so yes it definitely does make a difference.

They've been negotiating new contracts regardless :dunno: whoever comes in isn't going into the meetings going alright lads I've got no idea what I wanna do until I've spent a month with the lads. 

The prospective managers will already have ideas in mind. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Percy ominously quiet, not convinced this is as close as many outlets are making out.

Probably because the club has put the feelers out to journalists they like.

Percy and Rudkin have fallen out over JP's criticism of the relegation IIRC.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Big question mark over him, for me, after the way WBA performed in the playoffs and against us when he went out all attack with no defenders at the back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Because I would like our new manager to have some input on any new signings.

If the board sign who they want it won't matter who's in charge anyway... if the manager decides then do you not think it may come up in the talks about where the club/prospective new manager thinks we need to improve? 

Nobody is coming in blind. 

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

There is a lot of hype and hot air around Potter. He’s got a lot to prove. If  he comes I hope he can. One really good season, two mediocre and a disaster at Chelsea. 

I think now is a good time to hire Potter, he’ll be wanting to prove something after his Chelsea nightmare. If things don’t work out here then he’ll struggle to get another decent gig in this country. Hoping this plays in our favour and he builds something positive if appointed 

• Like 2