Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Given the choice, just after the trophy lift, between having either Maresca or Potter going into a new Premier League season then I would've genuinely gone with the latter. Silver linings and all that.

Plus £10m. Worked out OK, I reckon.

I was always seriously concerned that Maresca wouldn't cut it in the Premier League due to his inflexibility. We know that Potter can.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

My only fear with Potter is that we know he wants the England Job. What happens if Southgate quits after the Euros.

England won’t have a head coach. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

They've been negotiating new contracts regardless :dunno: whoever comes in isn't going into the meetings going alright lads I've got no idea what I wanna do until I've spent a month with the lads. 

The prospective managers will already have ideas in mind. 

Exactly so they might not want half the players Leicester are offering contracts too so let them go up put them up for sale 👍🏻

22 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Frank Lampard seemed quite insightful as a pundit, hows his track record as a manager? :ph34r:

Rules of Foxestalk.  Talk of lampard as manager is a bookable offence. Southgate - a life time ban. 

Mike Bassett and big Sam okay if a joke. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

My only fear with Potter is that we know he wants the England Job. What happens if Southgate quits after the Euros.

then it'll be Stevie Cooper's Three Lions

• Like 1

Just now, An Away Move said:

I’d be more than happy with Potter. I think our fanbase could get behind him too. He is a pragmatist. 

I really don’t think he is by the way. 

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If the board sign who they want it won't matter who's in charge anyway... if the manager decides then do you not think it may come up in the talks about where the club/prospective new manager thinks we need to improve? 

Nobody is coming in blind. 

What if they hire Stevie Wonder ??

23 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Frank Lampard seemed quite insightful as a pundit, hows his track record as a manager? :ph34r:

I’d rather have Rodgers back than Lampard as our new manager.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

I really don’t think he is by the way. 

Perhaps comparatively so compared to Maresca?

I would have preferred it if Maresca stayed, but we could have done a lot worse than getting Potter - if it is going to be him. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Probably because the club has put the feelers out to journalists they like.

Percy and Rudkin have fallen out over JP's criticism of the relegation IIRC.

Incorrect

• Thanks 1

Considering where we found ourselves with all the off the field stuff, you’d have to say…. Well done to John Rudkin if we got Potter. 

That’s a joke by the way. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

We would moan regardless of who it was. We just like moaning, we’re a bunch of mardy ****ers….. if Pep was announced we would find something to winge about. 

It seems like you’re moaning about our moaning

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Oooooo Graham Potters magic, he wears a sorting hat, he could have gone to Slitheryn but he didn’t fancy that. He told Draco Malfoy, chat shit and get banged, I wonna go to Griffindor the best house in the land…..

@Union FS Tifo sorted.