Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

I've always thought that he's a bit overrated. However, I'd be happy with this appointment. He's probably the best manager that we can realistically hope for and his style is inkeeping with what we're trying to do. 

I'm surprised that he'd consider coming to us with the looming points deduction and PSR issues. Maybe, he sees it as somewhat of a free hit. If we have a decent season with him and get 50 points but are hit with an obscene points deduction of 15 and that sees us relegated, his stock will be high. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

🎶Enzo went to chelsea to get a panini,

instead we hired a manager, 

his name is potter the houdini, 

he might be on the left,

he might be on the right.

But when rudkin gets him,

the wife’s getting one tonight 🎶

Am i doing this right? 

are you asking us or the wife?

I would imagine she's already let you know!!

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Exactly so they might not want half the players Leicester are offering contracts too so let them go up put them up for sale 👍🏻

2 of the 3 have already signed though :dunno: makes no real difference. He'll know the situation. As the club will know what the managers they're talking to are planning. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Potter always been my number one choice, just thought with our finances being the shambles they are and the incoming points deduction he’d never touch us. Don’t get the love for the West Brom bloke he was absolutely found out in the play offs and has no experience at the top level. Yeah potter isn’t perfect but who could we get that’s better? I still won’t believe it until it’s confirmed.

This post 100% 🙌🏻

I wouldn’t have begrudged Corberan coming here but he has more question marks against him than Potter IMO.

Potter left Brighton in a much better place than when he took over from Hughton.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Steve Bruce has experience at the top level but Maresca and McKenna dont, I know who I would prefer to be my manager.

The important thing for me is that West Brom fans love Corberan, none of the Swansea, Brighton or Chelsea fans rate Potter nearly as highly as the media/our fans do. At the end of the day his style is slow negative football, moreso than Maresca. I hope Potter does well but he seems to very much be of the Brendan Rodgers/Russell Martin archetype of manager that I am not a fan of personally.

Get what you’re saying to a certain extent but ‘West Brom fans love corberan’ is a bit of a stretch for me (not saying they don’t love him). He’s done well for them but he’s not really done anything, he took over as a manager aiming for the playoffs and he’s done basically exactly what is expected of him, but he royally buggered the playoffs and was totally outclassed by an average side. I just don’t get it. You could name any manager with top flight experience as a

stick to beat with but the fact is this bloke doesn’t have top flight experience and a manager who does (I could just as easily and daftly counter the Bruce argument with a Wenger or Pep argument), and certainly one who’s been successful enough to warrant a

shot at the poisoned chalice that is Chelsea, will be better suited to us than someone who has taken a team who should have been aiming for the top 6 get them

to the top 6 then fall flat on his face. I just think Potter has something to prove and is better tactically and has better experience.

He’s tended to use either 3-4-2-1 or  3-4-1-2 but also opted for 4-2-4 variants in the past.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/graham-potter-chelsea-brighton-tactics/

Viktor Kristiansen will certainly be used and Justin may feature as a CB. 

Would be interesting to see if Ricardo reverts to being a wing back as potter likes the width to come from those.

Mavididi and Fatawu should flourish with hybrid wing/10 roles. 

KDH likely to partner Winks in a deeper role allowing wing backs to move forward. 

• Like 2

All factors considered in terms of background, availability without compensation, the perceived ability to keep us up (I think we have a realistic potential to get 50 odd points) Potter is definitely the best Manager available to us. 

I'm going down the ground to set off some fireworks if it's announced 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

All factors considered in terms of background, availability without compensation, the perceived ability to keep us up (I think we have a realistic potential to get 50 odd points) Potter is definitely the best Manager available to us. 

I'm going down the ground to set off some fireworks if it's announced 

Maybe a couple of bangers... 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

He’s tended to use either 3-4-2-1 or  3-4-1-2 but also opted for 4-2-4 variants in the past.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/graham-potter-chelsea-brighton-tactics/

Viktor Kristiansen will certainly be used and Justin may feature as a CB. 

Would be interesting to see if Ricardo reverts to being a wing back as potter likes the width to come from those.

Mavididi and Fatawu should flourish with hybrid wing/10 roles. 

KDH likely to partner Winks in a deeper role allowing wing backs to move forward. 

Mavididi and Fatawu are the interesting ones for me. 

I think Mavididi will play inside as an attacker as either one of the inside forwards in his 3421 or an out and out striker in his 3412. Whilst Fatawu may play as a wingback in those systems. He has proven that he doesn't mind to play wingers in this position in the past and I feel it's more suited to Fatawu than inside forward. 

• Like 3