Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Well done Steve mate, you were definitely the outstanding choice & preferred candidate and the fact we've took 3 weeks to get back to you is in no part due to us being strung along by Graham Potter, welcome aboard

• Haha 3

I've found a positive, majority of Brighton fans wouldn't take Potter back, but every Forest fan would take Cooper back. 🤔

Also he's at least he's achieved something in English football, promotion at Forest and winning the U17's world cup

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

I've found a positive, majority of Brighton fans wouldn't take Potter back, but every Forest fan would take Cooper back. 🤔

That’s because of the state of their respective clubs. Potter doesn’t go back because of the work he did at Brighton to elevate them. Cooper would be welcome because they’re just as bad as when he left. 

What an utter mess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

If that’s the reason, it’s insane. Surely we can afford a poxy £4m from next year’s accounting budget?

Maybe we can't. All evidence from the last ~year points to the club being way out of its depth when it comes to PSR so could be the case that every little helps.

If potter is stalling then no reason why we want to hold out for him

We need someone who WANTS to be here and will dig deep in what will be a tough season.

Cooper isn't everyone's favourite but will be pragmatic and hopefully pick us up enough points to do the job we need to do.....survive

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fuzzymizzit said:

Genuinely don't mind it if it's Cooper. My only issue with it is that he's starting on the back foot because so many will want his head from the off.

I can assure you I wouldn't want his head! :ph34r:

• Haha 4

Just now, fuzzymizzit said:

Maybe we can't. All evidence from the last ~year points to the club being way out of its depth when it comes to PSR so could be the case that every little helps.

If there’s one thing you should not compromise on because of relatively minor cost considerations, it’s the managerial appointment. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Are we hiring him as the 'best option' in case we go down so we don't have to re-hire in the Championship next season? 

If so, how depressing lol

That's the way I see it, doesn't bode well for the points deductions. It's going to be a long season!

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

If potter is stalling then no reason why we want to hold out for him

We need someone who WANTS to be here and will dig deep in what will be a tough season.

Cooper isn't everyone's favourite but will be pragmatic and hopefully pick us up enough points to do the job we need to do.....survive

You sure about he can do the job ,my option would have been Moyes ,

Not sure why everyone wants someone who clearly isn't fully committed to the job from the outset. 

Potter has seen a 5/10 on the dancefloor but hoping after a couple of beers an 8/10 will be interested, can't blame him

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Can someone please explain what people dont like about Cooper other than he is unnactractive and an ex Forest manager?

He took Forest from the bottom of the championship to staying up in the PL and he battered us and Arsenal in the FA cup along the way.

Under ownership that doesnt buy 30 players a season I can see him being a good manager for us. If he can get us playing the same way Forest were when they beat us 4-1 we'll be laughing.

Totally agree. The comments about Cooper's looks are pathetic. If he had done a similar job at say Wolves or Southampton I doubt there would be nearly as much hate concerning his record

• Like 2