Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Just now, marcymarc666 said:

Enzo to Cooper...beauty to the beast !

This must be it! Top's new wife must have had a thing for Enzo - so now Top has vowed to get the "least best looking" manager there is around. That's it I've solved it. The ONLY possible explanation. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I've found a positive, majority of Brighton fans wouldn't take Potter back, but every Forest fan would take Cooper back. 🤔

Also he's at least he's achieved something in English football, promotion at Forest and winning the U17's world cup

Brighton fans thinking of Europe and disrupting the top 6

Forrest fans thinking of avoiding a return to the Championship.

now ask the fans if they would take the opposite manager 

Potter is like one of those girls that is quite flirty but you don't really have a chance with.

...just leave it now Rudders, it's getting hard to watch. How many times has he knocked us back lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Are we hiring him as the 'best option' in case we go down so we don't have to re-hire in the Championship next season? 

If so, how depressing lol

I doubt it. I don't see any manager who gets us relegated being in charge next year. The board will need to blame someone and letting the manager stay on would suggest that they are taking the blame... don't see that happening. 

14 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

If he can get us playing the same way Forest were when they beat us 4-1 we'll be laughing.

That's like referring to Brighton's 5-2 win over us as a positive for Potter, it was an abnormal result for both teams coming up against a team in a mess without a goalkeeper.

13 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I've found a positive, majority of Brighton fans wouldn't take Potter back, but every Forest fan would take Cooper back. 🤔

Also he's at least he's achieved something in English football, promotion at Forest and winning the U17's world cup

The forest fans I work with wouldn't and think it's hilarious we'll take him. 

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

So last night I was reading potter was a done deal, now the posts I’m reading are saying it’s cooper? What’s happened over night?

Potters stalled and we’ve pushed forward with Cooper 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand. Yestersay, everyone was certain it was going to be Potter because of a few articles but today, everyone is certain it's going to be Cooper because of a few articles. What have I missed? As it seems that no one has a clue... just like its been for weeks.

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If there’s one thing you should not compromise on because of relatively minor cost considerations, it’s the managerial appointment. 

Agree and I wanted Corberan FWIW, just playing devil's advocate because I think the club's PSR balance sheets are likely to be worse than a lot of fans are assuming.

The read between the lines that these reports aren’t sharing is:

- Potter wants the England job and is longing it to see when Southgate gets sacked. He’s probably been contacted by the FA on the side. Makes sense - same style football, same attitude/approach to the media etc

- Top’s rightly pissed off at this and stepping into Rudkin’s little pipe dream that hasn’t worked twice now. So he’s decided to leak shit to every journalist in the contact book

- Rudkin hates Percy, so when Potter actually signs it makes his ITK status even more questionable

Makes you think 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

Is the media in cahoots with the bookies? I really think Sky use their news outlets to move their own odds to cash in.

They've no affiliation with SkyBet anymore other than branding.

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Also doesn’t bode well if potter is a man that is constantly stalling over decisions… 

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Potter obviously don’t want it. I’d rather have someone that wants it be here 

Don't think that's particularly fair. 

Potter has heard the club out - (most likely to the background of people saying don't bother). He needs reassurances on the FFP situation and how structure of the organisation works. Now I suspect LCFC have been trying to clear those obstacles out of the way to reassure him. But when your last two managers complain about the financial situation and the guarantees made to them, you can see why the recultance may occur. 

• Like 1