Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Right now we are the least attractive job in the league. All things equal we are a match for most of the "other 14", now have a looming points deduction, uncertainty over the budget, a seemingly narrow approach to philosophy and a thoroughly disliked Director of Football.

This is a good club that has restricted itself hugely in many ways. Nobody significant will want it. Well done, board.

• Like 4

Potter first choice for sure in my opinion. Played really good football at Brighton and did well. I actually think De Zerbi lives off what Potter set up. If Potter had had something better to work with than Maupay as a striker he would have done even better.  Wouldn't be averse to David Moyes either.  After that if nobody with prem experience will come then Robin's or Carrick seem decent in the championship. I don't know enough about the foreign leagues if I'm honest but like others have said, there must be some decent coaches that would be up for the challenge  with us.

Posted (edited)

I'd go with De Zerbi. The fact that he came so close to the Chelsea job (and the fact they seemed to have turned him down, as he's so strong willed), shows the quality of his CV - and no compo required!

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 1

It has to be someone will to take a personal risk knowing the situation we’re in BUT on the bright side sees future rewards in a club that’s pretty solid, great fan base and history. If we can’t attract anyone from the existing out of work elites than it has to be an up & coming manager in the championship or overseas. Damn I really didn’t think we’d have to worry about this after winning promotion. What a pain!

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yeah I'll admit me wanting Mourinho is more of a gut feeling rather than a well planned strategy :D

Ha! I get it. Wasn't meaning to imply you SHOULD have a well thought out strategy! 

9 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Don't get the snobbery towards Moyes at all. We're going to need someone who knows how what this league is all about, not somebody learning on the job. 

His style of football is complaints from West Ham are standard West Ham fans, not the West Ham way, which for the last 20 years has been yo-yoing between the leagues, Moyes is the only bloke who has steadied the ship, got them into Europe 3 times and won a European trophy, all more to his CV than the likes of Corberan, Carrick, Potter etc. 

Think we either have 2 options, almost accept our fate is relegation and go for someone who will stick around for a rebuild in the Championship, or try get someone in who could keep us up and steady the ship for a few turbulent years to give us a platform to build.

Moyes job at West Ham has been phenomenal to be honest, they were all over the place when he took over. Completely agree. He has the experience we need to buy in cheap players who will roll their sleeves up, and he has the authority to drive the club forward whilst the clown show upstairs is in full circus mode. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outfox the Fox said:

I'd go with De Zerbi. The fact that he came sucrose to the Chelsea job, shows the quality of his CV - and no compo required!

there would be around £5mil i think, even tho hes not at brighton no more

Just now, sbfox said:

Ha! I get it. Wasn't meaning to imply you SHOULD have a well thought out strategy! 

Yeah I get your point though, I do have a few reasons I'd back Mourinho to fit in here, but they are flimsy and based solely on faith lol

1 minute ago, Outfox the Fox said:

I'd go with De Zerbi. The fact that he came sucrose to the Chelsea job, shows the quality of his CV - and no compo required!

Compo, I read somewhere, would be required. Clause in his ‘mutual agreement’ package?

• Like 1

Just now, ramaiya said:

Mauricio Pochettino

Jose Mourinho,

Rafael Benítez

Aim for the stars and you might reach the moon !

but in this case , only Rafa would be interested and with our points deduction I’m thinking he might not even be 

the other two wouldn’t even take the call !

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Glasner and Iriola have proved you can appoint an outsider and thrive. 

Yep. This. The financial draw of the Premier League will always make it plausible for us to go and recruit coaches from the rest of Europe's top five leagues that are knocking on the door of the Champions and Europa Leagues in their own countries but can be picked up by a mid table side here. 

• Like 1

Mourinho vs our supporters would be hilarious entertainment.

The West Stand moaners will be throwing their clappers around when Hosay ear cups and shushes them.

• Haha 1

Just now, Corky said:

Mourinho vs our supporters would be hilarious entertainment.

The West Stand moaners will be throwing their clappers around when Hosay ear cups and shushes them.

Just gotta criticize the fans whilst calling out the board, get us relegated and they'll learn to love him, if previous managers are anything to go by.

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Glasner and Iriola have proved you can appoint an outsider and thrive. 

Indeed, us appointing Ranieri was met with some disdain at the time I seem to recall and look how that turned out!