Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m actually quite positive. Cooper is fantastic with youth players, and we’ve a couple of exciting prospects that need to be played. If he can get the best out of them, then brilliant. 

We're looking for an under 21 manager. Give him that job instead 😂

When I originally heard it was Potter I was like ‘ah well, he’s very Southgate but at least he’s not fkin Cooper’  and then suddenly we are getting Cooper. It’s a very Leicester way of doing a very Leicester thing in this Top era. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SecretPro said:

Forest had money to spend. We have diddly squat. It's going to be an interesting season.

I'll back the manager because I have to.

The way Forest spent the money arguably made the squad worse to manage than when they were in the championship. How are you supposed to manage a squad when you have 40 players?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It was a particularly good crop of youngsters tbf 

Not stopping Southgate ruin a good crop of players chances of anything though is it. 

(Don't mean to defend Cooper but also **** southgate) 

Nothing surprises me with our club. Even appointing a new manager has become a joke.
The club seems to have lost the ambition it once had. We won the league and cup so recently and now struggling to appoint a decent manager.

We have become stale and maybe a change of ownership is needed now. Not much positive news from inside the club these days.

Just now, honeybradger said:

The way Forest spent the money arguably made the squad worse to manage than when they were in the championship. How are you supposed to manage a squad when you have 40 players?

Yup, in that particular circumstance, correct.

However, if we are selling and not buying at all, as has been touted on here constantly, then that's the polar opposite. I don't like either. But I'd rather have money to spend.

If its Cooper it just goes to show that no one else wanted it because his premier league stats with Forest are crap, he's championship level at best , what a shambles this club is

• Like 1

I'll back him, because we have to, but seriously, what the **** lol

Reminds me of when we hired Puel... he'll have a loose backing from the fans and it wont take long until we all get a bit fed up when results dont go our way.

Again, complete mismanagement from the club.

We're either hiring him because we're broke and he's the cheapest option, or, the club genuinely thinks he's the right man to take us forward.

I don't know what's scarier.

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 1

Cooper is completely the opposite of what the clubs vision on how they wanted to play was. Shambles 

Edit: actually I remember cooper stating he wanted to play more attacking football at forest but didn’t have the players to do so. Basically got battered and then realised they had to play defensively. Hardly inspiring 

Edited by s11nny
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

What has Potter actually done in the game to make everyone so excited by him? I’d say Cooper has a far better CV and is a better manager, but I haven’t followed either career closely.

Cooper has won the U17 World Cup and got Forest from bottom of the league to winning the play offs.

Not sure if Potter’s actually done anything of note.

To be honest I think it’s more the process than the personnel. Cooper could well turn out to be a success and it’s not his fault but it’s just that further confirmation that the people in charge have little plan other than hope. 

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Fox said:

What has Potter actually done in the game to make everyone so excited by him? I’d say Cooper has a far better CV and is a better manager, but I haven’t followed either career closely.

Cooper has won the U17 World Cup and got Forest from bottom of the league to winning the play offs.

Potter had a couple months of European level form with European level players (Caicedo, Mcallister) followed by a failed move to Chelsea and that's enough to make our fans think he is the second coming.

We would do well to listen to Brighton and Chelsea fans when they say he is not all that he is made out to be.

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

What are our aspirations?

To gain promotion at the first opportunity in the 2025/26 season

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

He took a Swedish 4th division side to the top tier and knockout stages of the Europa League in 7 seasons. 

I understand that, it means nothing in context with the PL but neither does winning the under 17 WC and it's DEFINITELY notable.