Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

5 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Could this be a smokescreen to hurry Potter up in making a decision? :ph34r:

A smokescreen for another poor appointment?

I don;t want Cooper or Potter. I'm not sure which of the two is the better choice tbh.

Both duds in my book.Can't get excited by either, but will back either.

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Potter had a couple months of European level form with European level players (Caicedo, Mcallister) followed by a failed move to Chelsea and that's enough to make our fans think he is the second coming.

We would do well to listen to Brighton and Chelsea fans when they say he is not all that he is made out to be.

His Brighton team was actually pretty solid, played some good football and they built a good team all this in the Prem.

If it is Cooper I’m pretty happy with that.

No doubt Potter would have been the bigger statement of intent but let’s be realistic, our squad as it currently stands is not where it needs to be to fully play how Potter would like and we might need to be more pragmatic.

Also 12 months ago Cooper’s stock was sky high. He performed a miracle getting Forest promoted having taken them from bottom in the same season and had a fantastic reputation beforehand. It ended poorly at Forest but it can happen to any manager.

I’ll fully get behind him and the team and it also gives him 2 months to make his stamp on the team. Also how extra sweet will it be when we beat them at the City Ground :) 

• Like 3

If not Potter then why aren’t we trying Corberan? Or Van Nistelrooy? Or Heitinga? Or someone who at least would follow the “long term vision of the club”. Have we even spoken to Terzic? 

Not fvcking Cooper 

• Like 2

Just now, SecretPro said:

A smokescreen for another poor appointment?

I don;t want Cooper or Potter. I'm not sure which of the two is the better choice tbh.

Both duds in my book.Can't get excited by either, but will back either.

Who do you love?

4 minutes ago, s11nny said:

Cooper is completely the opposite of what the clubs vision on how they wanted to play was. Shambles 

Edit: actually I remember cooper stating he wanted to play more attacking football at forest but didn’t have the players to do so. Basically got battered and then realised they had to play defensively. Hardly inspiring 

Honestly mate, there is no vision -on this. We're not that kind of club. We just want results.

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

His Brighton team was actually pretty solid, played some good football and they built a good team all this in the Prem.

And to add to that at least he kept Brighton up whilst trying to play possession based positive football. They failed to score goals but I put that down to  having Neil maupay as their best option upfront. 

Edited by s11nny
  • Like 1

Just now, Staffs Fox said:

No doubt Potter would have been the bigger statement of intent but let’s be realistic, our squad as it currently stands is not where it needs to be to fully play how Potter would like and we might need to be more pragmatic.

Also 12 months ago Cooper’s stock was sky high. He performed a miracle getting Forest promoted having taken them from bottom in the same season and had a fantastic reputation beforehand. It ended poorly at Forest but it can happen to any manager.

I’ll fully get behind him and the team and it also gives him 2 months to make his stamp on the team. Also how extra sweet will it be when we beat them at the City Ground :) 

They got lucky to be promoted with that goal in the final, hardly stormed the league they finished 6th didn't they?

His time in the Prem he won 12 games and conceded 98 goals, can't wait.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

They got lucky to be promoted with that goal in the final, hardly stormed the league they finished 6th didn't they?

His time in the Prem he won 12 games and conceded 98 goals, can't wait.

They were bottom when he took over

The one thing I can't look past with Cooper is 7 points away from home in the season he kept Forest up... That's horrific regardless of how you look at it. 

72 Quid for those that don't have season tickets to watch Cooper ball,  Wow! 

Our Keepers better start practicing pretending to get cramp on 86 minutes!

To be fair the games will be much longer with all the time wasting he gets his teams doing, so a little bit of money back per minute I suppose, for those of us watching at the ground.

2 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

A balanced view.

If it's between the two you'd be mental to gamble on a half interested Potter vs a fully committed Cooper, the last thing we need is Potter who is a bit meh about the job, most potentials will be a bit meh because we have a pending points deduction and we're skint. 

I think we could appoint Pep and there would be sections of the support that wouldn't be happy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

With whats available? None. But I would rather have Corberan or the recently departed Dortmund coach out of anyone.

Looks like we're down to these two... cooper wants the job.  It takes two to tango...