Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Just now, Tommy G said:

You boycotting next season I presume?

Of course. 

@Sol thewall Bambaput it spot on earlier

”70 pound to watch Steve Cooper’s points deducted foxes”

How are people ok with this lol 

14 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

They got lucky to be promoted with that goal in the final, hardly stormed the league they finished 6th didn't they?

His time in the Prem he won 12 games and conceded 98 goals, can't wait.

Whilst he wouldn’t be my first choice that is downplaying Cooper’s achievement quite a bit!

They were rock bottom after 7 games having had their worst start in their history and then when he took over they only lost another 6 in the remaining 38 games to finish 4th and win the playoffs. I’d say that is very impressive 

• Like 2

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Don't think either of them were?

No but Potter’s win ratio is closer to Cooper when comparing apples to apples (prem career) WHILE managing a ****ing basket case and pressure at Chelsea 

• Like 1

Just now, wignalll2007 said:

I don’t know why I come on this forum. The amount of rubbish that gets spoken on here is ridiculous! 

You need to slap yourselves round the face and realise what a predicament we are actually in. Hardly any money to spend, looming points deduction yet you think we are going to get a top manager in. I also don’t know what the issue is with Cooper, he got Forest promoted, won the under 17 World Cup. He won’t play that shitty bloody tippy tappy football and yet you still complain! 
Give the guy a bloody chance! 

Hear hear !

there’s so much crap spouted in this place 

if he has technical adept players available he will play decent football (in the modern fashion). Who wouldn’t ?  We will be less predictable and harder to play against. 

stevie cooper’s blue and white army !!!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

Whilst he wouldn’t be my first choice that is downplaying Cooper’s achievement quite a bit!

They were rock bottom after 7 games having had their worst start in their history and then when he took over they only lost another 6 in the remaining 38 games to finish 4th and win the playoffs. I’d say that is very impressive 

Yea he done pretty well but that was in the Championship.

His Forest team in the Prem was dire imo.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

Just now, DezFox said:

Nope!  happy with potter or Corberan. 
Unhappy with cooper. 

My feeling, and most on here. 

Not sure any should attempt to speak on behalf of the majority, but ok.

Corberan - why?

Potter - why?

Cooper - why?

Think it makes no difference who we get, we just need to be able to fight, hope and pray.

Just calm down everyone. Close your eyes and imagine this - 

Saturday 10th May 2025, The City Ground. 

Notts Forest v Leicester City. 

Both teams need to win to stay in the Premier League. Winner stays up, loser is relegated. 

It's 0-0 in the 88th minute, Mads boots a long ball upfield and Daka swivels and hits in on the volley first time. 

It flies into the top corner and we see the game out to take the win and keep our PL place. 

The City Ground goes insane and Forest fans rip up their own seats and throw them at the home dugout. 

Our players come over to the Bridgford end to soak up the adulation from our fans and Cooper is at the front, applauding. 

Where are all you Cooper haters now.... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Of course. 

@Sol thewall Bambaput it spot on earlier

”70 pound to watch Steve Cooper’s points deducted foxes”

How are people ok with this lol 

Don't go then, no-one is forcing anyone. 

I think my ST works out at £24 a game. 

Cooper isnt my first choice either, but neither was Maresca for a lot of the posters on here. 

• Like 2

I’ve given up on all this speculation and counter speculation.For my sanity I just want someone to make a decision, so that we can slag whoever the new manager is ,off!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

No but Potter’s win ratio is closer to Cooper when comparing apples to apples (prem career) WHILE managing a ****ing basket case and pressure at Chelsea 

My point is, if we must compare two people by their statistics, you have to take the scenario/variable which is most similar for them both.

This would be their respective times at Swansea. To be fair, it's a very close comparison (which Cooper actually edges!)

1 minute ago, Groby_Blue said:

Both teams need to win to stay in the Premier League. Winner stays up, loser is relegated. 

It's 0-0 in the 88th minute, Mads boots a long ball upfield and Daka swivels and hits in on the volley first time. 

It flies into the top corner and we see the game out to take the win and keep our PL place. 

The City Ground goes insane and Forest fans rip up their own seats and throw them at the home dugout. 

Our players come over to the Bridgford end to soak up the adulation from our fans and Cooper is at the front, applauding. 

Meth is some drug.

1 minute ago, Groby_Blue said:

It was going so well until Daka…

• Haha 2

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

My point is, if we must compare two people by their statistics, you have to take the scenario/variable which is most similar for them both.

This would be their respective times at Swansea. To be fair, it's a very close comparison (which Cooper actually edges!)

You should judge them on there first season in the Prem surely ?

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yea he done pretty well but that was in the Championship.

His Forest team in the Prem was dire imo.

It was, he had 25 players bought for him by their nut job owner, I can't imagine he was able to influence much of that, he had to try and put them together and stay up.  

Sounds like Potter has declined us again. Prefers to sit on his arse and spend Chelsea's compo. Looks like our hands have been tied and had to go for Cooper. Would have liked Corboran but compensation was an issue 

imagine how much depth maresca went into analysing each individual players game and how the team should play together.

I just picture coopers analysis being so basic. Just defend lads then hoof the ball up and we might get one chance on the counter. Daka don’t mess it up you probably won’t get another chance lol. I’m being unfair I know. Just uninspired is all