Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Rudkin’s knowledge of potential Coaching appointments is staggeringly low.   We will end up with Cooper now as time is pushing on and his list of candidates was both small and predictable. No imagination whatsoever.   Got help us.

Just now, Tommy G said:

It was, he had 25 players bought for him by their nut job owner, I can't imagine he was able to influence much of that, he had to try and put them together and stay up.  

I'm not buying that, he didn't know the Squad when he took Forest from bottom to 4th.. so why should that be any different ?

3 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

Just calm down everyone. Close your eyes and imagine this - 

Saturday 10th May 2025, The City Ground. 

Notts Forest v Leicester City. 

Both teams need to win to stay in the Premier League. Winner stays up, loser is relegated. 

It's 0-0 in the 88th minute, Mads boots a long ball upfield and Daka swivels and hits in on the volley first time. 

It flies into the top corner and we see the game out to take the win and keep our PL place. 

The City Ground goes insane and Forest fans rip up their own seats and throw them at the home dugout. 

Our players come over to the Bridgford end to soak up the adulation from our fans and Cooper is at the front, applauding. 

Where are all you Cooper haters now.... 

So making up stories just makes everything ok?

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

If its Cooper it'll be the most fractured fan base at the start of a season that we've ever had. 

Would be a great start to the season. 

If things start poorly it’ll be fcking toxic.

• Like 1

Just now, mozartfox said:

Rudkin’s knowledge of potential Coaching appointments is staggeringly low.   We will end up with Cooper now as time is pushing on and his list of candidates was both small and predictable. No imagination whatsoever.   Got help us.

One for the birds this. Was he also not involved in Enzo's recruitment?  :dunno:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Don't go then, no-one is forcing anyone. 

I think my ST works out at £24 a game. 

Cooper isnt my first choice either, but neither was Maresca for a lot of the posters on here. 

Sound mate. Just give up - love it :wub:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

If things start poorly it’ll be fcking toxic.

Exactly. Why don’t we just skip this part? I’d take literally anyone unproven in Europe over this guy. 

• Haha 2

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

As you said, this way is 'apples for apples'. Using the same variables

Surely you take both managers records while they was in the Prem the most recent record.

As we are in the Prem not Championship

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

So making up stories just makes everything ok?

Feck it. It’s the 97th minute of the FA Cup final against Forest. Big hoof from the back , ball bounces catches Daka on the arse spins into the top corner. We win 1-0 completing the domestic treble and Cooper is our new god

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Hear hear !

there’s so much crap spouted in this place 

if he has technical adept players available he will play decent football (in the modern fashion). Who wouldn’t ?  We will be less predictable and harder to play against. 

stevie cooper’s blue and white army !!!!!

Hope you’re right, our aim is just to stay up and think Cooper can do that. After thinking it be Potter it feels like a downgrade. 

I bet we were advancing with Potter but weren’t quite agreeing to terms and promises then Cooper aware of this via press reports, probably then agreed to whatever we were after and the club have financially gone for this option. 

Some didn’t even want Potter some are never happy, can’t say I’m happy with Cooper but I can see why he’d be an option, just not the best one by a long way IMO. 

I'm ok with Cooper now......Potter really wants the England job..... we're his backup plan if Southgate carrys on. Corberan's going to cost us to much money 4m is quite on the high side for a championship manager.

Cooper....seems like a decent honest guy.... who's not going to jump ship at the first opportunity or be a snake like BrendanBums.

We've not got much choice....the board don't want to look left field and appoint a up and coming manager from Europe.

So we got what we deserve.... because of the non management from Rudkin and Top.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'm not buying that, he didn't know the Squad when he took Forest from bottom to 4th.. so why should that be any different ?

Surely you are intelligent enough to realise this isn't about squad inheritance and more about an owner trying to play football manager. It was staggering the squad overhaul that summer.  

• Like 1

Just now, CrazyKopCorner said:

About fuchign time - we need to start letting them know the club is not being run properly at any level 

We can't do 'toxic'. Fanbase is pathetic. Just look at this forum ffs

Context is everything here. It’s the same management team who appointed John Terry to go gym and play golf in an effort to keep us in the premier league.

It’s mostly about Cooper and his affiliations for me, but equally I am so ****ing dejected with Top, Rudkin and the board. Who thinks this and the holy trinity led by Dean Smith is a good idea? They end the same way btw…

Potters waiting for Southgate to fail this Euros & wants the England Job.

Also his mrs has a business & doesn't want to move from the South coast... Top was hardly gonna offer him a helicopter to & from training ...

It'll be Cooper, i'm dreading this season .

Of course Cooper bloody wants it! lol

He's been linked with every championship vacancy going and not even just the ones at the top end. He can't believe his luck that a premier league club such as ourselves are even considering him. Is that a good reason to give him the job?

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, copunk said:

Would rather have a manager who wants to actually be here then one who's pissing about making us wait on an answer 

Cooper has my full backing 

I agree.

but then again cooper just wants a job in the premier league still. Any team willing to keep him in employment in the premier league would do. Doesn’t sound much more inspiring does it 

• Like 2