Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Of course Cooper bloody wants it! lol

He's been linked with every championship vacancy going and not even just the ones at the top end. He can't believe his luck that a premature league club such as ourselves are even considering him. Is that a good reason to give him the job?

This explains so much.

• Haha 2

Whichever manager we end up with it is just a further shambles in approach.

We've become a poorly ran club. Look at the way the media are reporting on us. Either - A) the media is accurate and we're switching wildly between targets or B) we're leaking information to the media and looking an unstable outfit.

The irony is we're trying to attract a manager to us when, just 3 years ago, we were in such a position that we were attractive. Who's looking at this mess and thinking 'I'll have a bit of that'. There's more than a touch of the Watford about the way we're being ran right now.

Him having managed Forest in itself isn't really an issue for me. Would you have turned down Brian Clough if he'd become available to manage us in the early/mid-80s? The issue for me is that I don't think he's a Premier League level manager and his football is a world away from what we have been trying to achieve over the past 6/7 years. 

• Like 2

It’s not that I would be bothered if Potter turned us down as I think most of us expected for that to be the case, it’s the fact we’ve decided to go for Cooper instead of Corberan. People talking about the £4m if you give him a 4 year contract that’s £1m a year! 

Cooper gets so much buzz but ultimately he got through his time at Forest through emotion. They could only pick up points at home as their fans were truly like the 12th man and with the relationship between our fan base and club that’s not going to be recreated the way forest did.

As for Potter if he has yet again turned us down (is this the 3rd time?) then I hope he’s off future shortlists, no point wasting time with him anymore.

Massively underwhelming.

• Like 1

If we get Cooper it's not because we didn't want anyone better it's because he's the best we could attract in our current circumstances. 

If we couldn't get potter it's most likely because he didn't want to come and we tried and tried to get him I think this is the third time we've tried and he doesn't want it so screw him.

48 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But isn’t that the same for the majority of newly promoted managers?

You'd have to go back and look at the stats. 

He has a worse record in the second season than his first. 

P  W D L PTS WIN RATIO PPG 
22/23 38 9 11 18 38 0.24 1
23/24 17 3 5 9 14 0.18 0.82

Even a half arsed Potter would be more in keeping with the clubs utter contempt for the fans. Top no longer gives a shit about us and is giving us a cheap mediocre manager whilst ramping up ticket prices. Utter disgrace 

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Him having managed Forest in itself isn't really an issue for me. Would you have turned down Brian Clough if he'd become available to manage us in the early/mid-80s? The issue for me is that I don't think he's a Premier League level manager and his football is a world away from what we have been trying to achieve over the past 6/7 years. 

Good, I  personally don’t want the type of football we have been persuing for the last 6 years. It’s boring! 
There can’t actually be one person on this forum who thought we were enjoyable to watch last season! 

• Like 4

Just now, wignalll2007 said:

Good, I  personally don’t want the type of football we have been persuing for the last 6 years. It’s boring! 
There can’t actually be one person on this forum who thought we were enjoyable to watch last season! 

I said earlier that I don't mind us changing direction, but if we're going to do that at least change direction for a manager that has a proven track record at the level of football that well be playing at. 

• Like 1

Tbh if @RedSoxUK is unhappy with this appointment we should all be glad.

He once sent me his own 181 page dossier on why Gary Megson is the right fit. He also takes a flask to games and enjoys shooting squirrels as a hobby. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I don't know anything about Cooper....just that the image of him that he a decent guy....and don't know anything about his playing style tactics etc

Hopefully now the board can hire some backroom staff very quickly as Enzo took 5 with him.

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

This is it, imagine the players, having to keep going back and forth with styles of play - If we have a vision and a long term plan then why keep changing it? - honestly It just seems like we are desperate now and we take whoever we can get (or the only manager that says yes) - just a bit shambolic as I can't imagine that Cooper was ever our first, second or even third choice really. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

Tbh if @RedSoxUK is unhappy with this appointment we should all be glad.

He once sent me his own 181 page dossier on why Gary Megson is the right fit. He also takes a flask to games and enjoys shooting squirrels as a hobby. 

But I want Cooper 

2 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

It's not that simple is it.

You think the players who have nearly all to a man said the best thing that's happened to them is Maresca and his tactical ideas, how they've learnt so much, how it's changed their game and outlook are now going to show Cooper the same level of respect. 

What is Coopers style? Anyone know?

• Like 1

Skyrocketing ticket prices.

Points deduction.

A massively unpopular and unwanted manager who plays atrocious football.

Inept management from top to bottom.

I'm looking for a cause for optimism, but I'm buggered if I can find it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure any should attempt to speak on behalf of the majority, but ok.

Corberan - why?

Potter - why?

Cooper - why?

Think it makes no difference who we get, we just need to be able to fight, hope and pray.

Not speaking for everyone just the impression I got from reading comments. I’m excited by potter or Corberan from what I have seen from them. For me cooper is a failure at prem level and I don’t like how football. I was excited by  the potential of project with the others. 

Fine if you don’t agree though. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

It’s not that I would be bothered if Potter turned us down as I think most of us expected for that to be the case, it’s the fact we’ve decided to go for Cooper instead of Corberan. People talking about the £4m if you give him a 4 year contract that’s £1m a year! 

Cooper gets so much buzz but ultimately he got through his time at Forest through emotion. They could only pick up points at home as their fans were truly like the 12th man and with the relationship between our fan base and club that’s not going to be recreated the way forest did.

As for Potter if he has yet again turned us down (is this the 3rd time?) then I hope he’s off future shortlists, no point wasting time with him anymore.

Massively underwhelming.

The 4m is his release clause, not his salary.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

It's not that simple is it.

You think the players who have nearly all to a man said the best thing that's happened to them is Maresca and his tactical ideas, how they've learnt so much, how it's changed their game and outlook are now going to show Cooper the same level of respect. 

What is Coopers style? Anyone know?

But you don’t know that do you, the players might love him too! 

Shocked to see that Cooper is now the front runner. He would be a truly underwhelming appointment which would show how far our stock has fallen over recent years. Appointing a manager whose best achievement is just about keeping up a promoted club and then getting sacked early the following season after winning 20% of the PL games he managed in. The club is going backwards fast, sadly. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

This is it, imagine the players, having to keep going back and forth with styles of play - If we have a vision and a long term plan then why keep changing it? - honestly It just seems like we are desperate now and we take whoever we can get (or the only manager that says yes) - just a bit shambolic as I can't imagine that Cooper was ever our first, second or even third choice really.

I for one think the best news about this is ditching snooze ball. 

Did Enzo even buy the players he wanted for his great philosophy? He refused to play half the squad in the end!

Least Cooper might actually make use of them. 

• Like 1