Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Just now, Gamble92 said:

I for one think the best news about this is ditching snooze ball. 

Did Enzo even buy the players he wanted for his great philosophy? He refused to play half the squad in the end!

Least Cooper might actually make use of them. 

The football played by both Swansea and Forest under Cooper was some of the most tedious stuff you will ever witness. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

About fuchign time - we need to start letting them know the club is not being run properly at any level 

It’s crazy to me that in football people can come in and just ignore everything. The most important voice is the fan base yet we are stuck in a corner with no ability to do anything. 

People will fight to death to back Top, Rudkin and co despite them charging kids to meet there heroes, 30% increase on match day tickets and a £25 charge for physical season ticket holders that a lot of the older generation will have to pay due to not understanding modern day technology. All of this happening whilst we are in a cost of living crisis. I’m fortunate to be able to afford a season ticket but it’s gutting to see so many not be able to support the club they love.

The club put us in a heap of sh*t and sadly it seems they see charging fans more as a way to get out of the mess whilst taking no accountability as the answer. Shameful and disgusting.

Im slowly losing my love for this club but I’m dumb enough to still go every week to back the lads.

1 minute ago, DezFox said:

Not speaking for everyone just the impression I got from reading comments. I’m excited by potter or Corberan from what I have seen from them. For me cooper is a failure at prem level and I don’t like how football. I was excited by  the potential of project with the others. 

Fine if you don’t agree though. 

As I said, don’t think it really matters who we get this season - but the change in direction (if it actually is) is a bit odd, as it felt like we had a way of playing (for better or for worse) but now it seems like are changing direction. All very confusing.

• Like 1

Of course if/when Cooper is announced, he will be lorded as "always our first choice ", not as "we got fed up of trying to get anyone decent, and have made do with this guy"!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

This is approx the level of meltdown on FT every time we:

* Lose a game

* Draw a game we expected to win

* Are linked with any player

* Sack a manager

* Don’t sack a manager

* Are linked with any manager

* Don’t play exciting enough football

* Pass the ball more than about twice

* Drop a player

* Don’t drop a player

* Don’t play someone from the ressies

Late subs

No subs

Incorrect subs

its a big old list

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Surely you take both managers records while they was in the Prem the most recent record.

As we are in the Prem not Championship

No, sorry mate. Same club, same League, similar finances, same pressures, is the best comparison.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

No, sorry mate. Same club, same League, similar finances, same pressures, is the best comparison.

no mate it's really not.

It's the best comparison to prove your point yes but that's about it.

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Interested to see how Cooper gets on. I like his desire to develop youth players.

Hard to judge his football too much as at Forest he got promoted when his team was touted to be closer to the relegation places and then he's gone into a new league and his mental chairman has said "here's 30 new players from all over, make it work"

Exactly the point I made earlier.

8 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I for one think the best news about this is ditching snooze ball. 

Did Enzo even buy the players he wanted for his great philosophy? He refused to play half the squad in the end!

Least Cooper might actually make use of them. 

A lot of the players had said during the season that they liked the new style of play and that they had learned a lot from his philosophy, so now to go back to a "backwards" style of play will prove a bit tricky for some, especially Ricky P,  Winks etc 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

no mate it's really not.

It's the best comparison to prove your point yes but that's about it.

No mate. To make the best comparison between the records of Cooper and Potter, is to make the comparison where the variables are the same for both parties - Not sure what is so hard to understand here, but anyway... hope you have a good afternoon

No mate. To make the best comparison between the records of Cooper and Potter, is to make the comparison where the variables are the same for both parties - Not sure what is so hard to understand here, but anyway... hope you have a good afternoon

Yes so you use there most recent time in the league we are going to be playing in, not the Championship.

7 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

It’s crazy to me that in football people can come in and just ignore everything. The most important voice is the fan base yet we are stuck in a corner with no ability to do anything. 

People will fight to death to back Top, Rudkin and co despite them charging kids to meet there heroes, 30% increase on match day tickets and a £25 charge for physical season ticket holders that a lot of the older generation will have to pay due to not understanding modern day technology. All of this happening whilst we are in a cost of living crisis. I’m fortunate to be able to afford a season ticket but it’s gutting to see so many not be able to support the club they love.

The club put us in a heap of sh*t and sadly it seems they see charging fans more as a way to get out of the mess whilst taking no accountability as the answer. Shameful and disgusting.

Im slowly losing my love for this club but I’m dumb enough to still go every week to back the lads.

Not dumb it's just sheer loyalty and love for the club which these barstewards trade off 

If it's Cooper the Foxes Trust and UFS need to start making representations in the strongest possible terms that a big part of the fanbase are being sick and tired of the decision making without any thought given to us 

Just now, hejammy said:

I assume if Cooper is appointed, Ndidi (if he choses to sign again) will be used as a "midfield destroyer" again and not a "number 8"

Hopefully not as he was crap at doing that in our last two seasons in the PL.

FiN, I backed out of this one because it has the potential to degrade itself into talksport pub chat. Jamie O’Hara has made a radio career out of it:

Take two variables, try to boil down to a compare, people argue, resolve the conversation with “well football is unpredictable”; repeat ad finitum.

Alls I know is this is a bad appointment

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Interested to see how Cooper gets on. I like his desire to develop youth players.

Hard to judge his football too much as at Forest he got promoted when his team was touted to be closer to the relegation places and then he's gone into a new league and his mental chairman has said "here's 30 new players from all over, make it work"

What speaks against though is over the summer of 2023, the signings slow - more players leave and the turnover isn't as high while getting players with PL experience and World Cup winners. 

He then turns out 14 points from a possible 51. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Yes so you use there most recent time in the league we are going to be playing in, not the Championship.

but they were at different clubs, with different, monies available, different expectations, different aspirations, different resources......

Do you know what... don't worry about it... I'll leave it

• Like 1