Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

A manager on the way up .... not a sideways or downwards move .... ambition and passion are essential ... and just to say we have had some good money from Chelsea for people who thought the grass was greener a bit more for a manager with no real credentials won't go amiss

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

De Zerbi hasn't left Brighton to come here.

I don't think he left, he was mutual agreed because he looked Rodgersesq 2nd half of this season, I had them marked as struggling next year under him. I don't want him. Another overated tippy tappy tosser who talks about philosophy, the philosophy I want to see is one where we outfight, outscore and out defend the opposition. I couldn't give a shit if the centre back complete 958 succesful passes

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

King power want to play FIFA football video game, wanting us to play the same way as Man City. There is no way they would consider, a Moyes, Mourinho etc. You can narrow the search down further by only using the same agent/agency for all appointments.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I don't think he left, he was mutual agreed because he looked Rodgersesq 2nd half of this season, I had them marked as struggling next year under him. I don't want him. Another overated tippy tappy tosser who talks about philosophy, the philosophy I want to see is one where we outfight, outscore and out defend the opposition. I couldn't give a shit if the centre back complete 958 succesful passes

Can’t deny he did a superb job for 12-18 months, Brighton had the most shots on target in the top 5 leagues in Europe during that time I read yesterday.

Hes got his sights on jobs better than us though unfortunately.

Leicester job is quite attractive when you see our recent history but the PSR situation and points deduction will put most decent managers off I fear.

I think Moyes would be the best fit for us but the owners don’t like that style of play.

I am getting laughed at for suggesting we could get Potter, whilst people are suggesting Mourinho :teehee:

We need Enzo out the door quickly and someone in asap. Big rebuild needed this Summer and on a budget no doubt. 

Starting to warm to Moyes for the type of Manager that could keep us up. Dyche has worked wonders keeping dysfunctional Everton from the drop. 

Not what we want, but maybe what we need right now. I don't want to go back to the Championship :surrender:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

King power want to play FIFA football video game, wanting us to play the same way as Man City. There is no way they would consider, a Moyes, Mourinho etc. You can narrow the search down further by only using the same agent/agency for all appointments.

Which brings us to?

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Looks increasingly likely Enzo is gone. I’d go for someone like Robins, Potter, or Corberan… just not Scott Parker, please.

Carrick and Knutsen also reasonable shouts.

He’s 1-14 with oddschecker so that means he’s gone to Chelsea unless there’s a meteor hitting Earth in the next hours. 

In a way I don’t blame him given the poor communication to him on our financial position and the January Sensi nonsense. I think it’s a bit of a risk for Chelsea but their squad is a level above ours so he’ll do OK. 

It’s not good for us though especially with the players heavily bought in to him. Need to tie down Winks and Fatawu very quickly now. 

I give you...

49 years old....García Pimienta

Former Barcelona reserve player. Former Barcelona Youth and Barcelona B Coach.

Current Las Palmas manager. Guided them to promotion the season before last with a 65% average ball possession in the Segunda division. This season his team has finished 16th in La Liga and with 59% average possession, had the second highest average ball control (below Barca, above Real).

• Like 3

Just now, mod hero said:

Can’t deny he did a superb job for 12-18 months, Brighton had the most shots on target in the top 5 leagues in Europe during that time I read yesterday.

Hes got his sights on jobs better than us though unfortunately.

Leicester job is quite attractive when you see our recent history but the PSR situation and points deduction will put most decent managers off I fear.

I think Moyes would be the best fit for us but the owners don’t like that style of play.

So did Rodgers for us, I think some managers have a short term impact and little ability to build.

I still think the job is attractive. The PSR is a nonsense, probably going to change anyway. Maximum points we lose is 9, so we just need to make sure we win more than 3 extra. I think with with the number of players now off tge books since 2023 we are in a better position. 

We have some of the best facilities, a good academy. With the right manager we are a top 10 club. 

I do think think Moyes would be a solid option, depends how obsessed we are with tippy tappy. 

Potter almost certainly won't want the job, not sure why people keep bringing him up. 

De Zerbi 10000% won't. His next job will be for a club in Europe, there's zero chance he comes here. 

It'll be an out of work manager who has recently managed a Premier League team or it'll be someone from the Championship. 

Expect a shortlist of Corberan, Rosenior, Carrick along with maybe another assistant manager or two from the Big Six and some obscure name out of work like Carlos Carvalhal or some shit that nobody wants before we just go with the first name that was mentioned, Corberan. 

Oh and Will Still is being eyed up by Sunderland having been let go for winning one out of his last fifteen odd games before everyone starts yapping about him. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Like who? If you're 100% sure

Knutsen, Juric, Pimienta, Haise, Van Bommel there’s plenty of choices besides your Steve Coopers and Frank Lampards

• Haha 1

We need a Ranieri-like appointment. Someone who we may say: Really? to but who can conjure something with a few astute signings at centre-back, left back, attacking midfield and striker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope we recruit by looking at the situation realistically. With having no money and the inevitable points deduction, we're going to drop (sorry to be a pessimist, usually try and be positive), so I'm hoping they look at the long term plan and hopefully with the idea of some consistency.

Next season surely has to just be about generating premier league money, but building a squad to bounce straight back up the season after to start a new Premier league campaign on a level playing field. So hopefully, someone more up and coming could be considered, rather than a short term fix for whats likely to be a sh1t show of a season anyway.

Personally, I'd rather someone like Rohl over De Zerbi (shown he's capable of a Rodgers impact then gone) or a Moyes whose ready for retirement 

However, whoever we get I'll support, just hope there's a proper long term plan to whoever we obtain. I do fear though, we'll be in a beggars/choosers situation with our current state of play.

Please not a Lamparsd/Gerrard type though

8 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Which brings us to?

Oscar Garcia but they’ll give Potter a call first. He will have no interest in this job, we’re not the club with potential when Rodgers took over. We’re an absolute mess.

1 minute ago, VictorFox said:

Knutsen, Juric, Pimienta, Haise, Van Bommel there’s plenty of choices besides your Steve Coopers and Frank Lampards

Rudders assistant will be googling like crazy

36 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

What are people seeing in Corberin that I'm not? 

It seems a very boring appointment no? :dunno:

The most impressive things about him are; 

He has taken a West Brom, a club with financial problems, to the brink of promotion without really spending much at all. He has also managed to go about his business under the radar, despite there being a number of off field issues and still be competitive. What we need next season is a fairly steady pair of hands, and a sensible approach. I get the impression he will be a sensible decision who hopefully will navigate what could be a chaotic season. 

• Like 1