Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

By 1 point in the end, we were horrendous at times and that football would have been a disaster in the prem without significant investment.

It would be a lot better than what's to come under Steve Cooper.

Horrendous in a few games, you can't expect us to play like Barcelona every game.. We scored the most, conceded the least and won the league.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I appreciate the club wants to get on with it but the next manager is a massive decision. 

If Potter is the man we want to build the club around then Potter is the man we need to wait for.

If we're not willing too wait then that tells me we either don't have a long term plan or that we think we're bigger than we are.

Or Potter thinks he's  better than he is. Over hyped

1 hour ago, copunk said:

Would rather have a manager who wants to actually be here then one who's pissing about making us wait on an answer 

Cooper has my full backing 

Have we not heard what both Rodgers and a much more articulated Enzo said about our board set up?

Changes were needed to be made but appointing someone like Cooper who was happy to coach the 101 players at Forest suggests an easier option has been taken by our weak AF leadership team.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

Nottingham Forest in 2022-23 managed to achieve the lowest average possession % in Europe's top 5 leagues. They averaged 32.3% possession. Why is our approach to managerial appointments so scattergun and lacking succession planning compared to other clubs? Potter, Cooper and Corberan are all so wildly different stylistically. 

Brighton have a functional, working model and plan for their managers leaving. They had Potter and replaced him with someone similar stylistically in De Zerbi. They then pluck a 31 year old German from Bundesliga 2 who matches their stats model and is similar stylistically. We're going backwards as a football club and don't have anyone in charge capable of making a reasoned footballing decision. I regret renewing my season ticket already and we're not even in ****ing July yet 

Exactly the decision makers at LCFC have a black book that is so outdated and full of predictable names.  I am really surprised Rafa and Pardew are not in Rudders sights. 

I wonder if our recruitment Team are also told to check out coaches too?

Forest fans love Cooper and thought he was hard done by their Club getting sacked. If you want an owner meddling and screwing fans over, just look at their case.

Back the team and manager on the pitch.

• Like 2

It seems a bit weird but i thought Top loved the Man city way of playing and I'm not trying to be funny but Cooper is more of a long ball merchant. i suppose you've got to trust the process:)   

1 minute ago, pkonline said:

Forest fans love Cooper and thought he was hard done by their Club getting sacked. If you want an owner meddling and screwing fans over, just look at their case.

Of course they do they was in the Championship for 20 years, of course they are gonna love the bloke

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Our fans seriously trying to justify this lol

He's cheap and desperate for the job. That's the only thought that's gone into this. Unambitious manager for an unambitious club

It’s not great, but I shouldn’t have expected us to make an appointment that would give us a lift. Cooper is just… well… not one that fills you with excitement 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Don’t know how I feel about this some say Florist cast off but was all prepared for Potter to be installed as Manager, but feel  little deflated maybe StevieC said yes that’s ok to more of Rudkins you ain’t getting any cash etc this summer kind of BS and Potter told him to Jog On?

Anyway we can want all we want but it’s down to the Blundering Rudkin to who he installs and all we can do is continue backing our team and whatever manager we’re getting our usual 100%

• Like 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Of course they do they was in the Championship for 20 years, of course they are gonna love the bloke

Doesn't stop the ones I work with recognising the football was hard to watch and thought the managerial change was overdue and needed. 

1 minute ago, pkonline said:

People will do that, but it doesn’t mean that the board arent an authoritarian shambles. The anger isn’t at cooper, he will be supported by the fans. We want Rudkin out and nothing will improve until he’s gone. 

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Don't know why we don't just give it Rudkin for the season.

Just because he's director of football and the manager and sponsoring the shirts and the team sheet handed in before we lost 86-0 to Fulham was signed "Super Jon's bestest team sheet ft. Danny Ward" in crayon, we can't blame him yet. It might have been someone else's responsibility, or the head of recruitment, or the board, or a bigger boy made him do it, or a dog ate his homework.

Don't you know he deserves credit for winning the league single handedly and developing a time machine which means he gets credit for signing Mahrez and Vardy years before he actually took the Director of (not responsible for) Football position?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Genesis1 said:

I think people are confused that last night we were closing in in Potter, and this morning we wake up to Cooper.

I guess it feels worse because it's Forests cast offs.

Fuching hell - Like going to bed with a fox and waking up with a pig 

He was shite at Forest though - Spent shedloads on a squad that was still basically crap. Lingard on £200K a week 

It's only those Malcolms down the road that would be pining for a twonk that nearly took them down once and was on course to get them relegated 

3 minutes ago, pkonline said:

The vast majority also concede he wasn't good for Premier League and hated his defensive tactics. 

4 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Cooper is a as dull as dishwater. He looks half asleep at the touchlines. 

Rodgers v2

Nearly said it’s a Bodgers 2.0 downgrade !!

but you never know he may surprise us !