Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

for me it’s not even about the pedigree of cooper but it’s the complete switch in direction from the club. I understand doing this when things are going badly but after winning promotion to suddenly switch playing styles is just odd.  

I just expected someone who had a very similar philosophy to enzo to be coming. 

I’ll get behind whoever is in charge until they lose that respect but the decision making feels like a circus again 

Do we actually know what his style is?

He played intricate passing stuff with England and Swansea (you don't get a choice at Swansea!). Forest played some good stuff at times too. In reality it went to pot in the Prem with all the signings and owner control, at which point he went into survival mode and the football looked a bit grim.

I'm pretty sure his preference is possession based attacking football. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Yeah come on guys. Take a bite of the shit sandwich before you decide it tastes of shit

As has been said before, Ranieri won us the league. Nobody would have wanted him. 

Just now, Viva said:

As has been said before, Ranieri won us the league. Nobody would have wanted him. 

A lot of people did, he had managed many Italian teams and done well at Chelsea.

Much higher profile than Steve Cooper.

3 minutes ago, Viva said:

Ranieri had managed Chelsea and other European clubs. Sure there was some trepidation but nothing as underwhelming as Cooper 

Also Pearson was hugely popular with the fans so there was understandable concerns

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Viva said:

Freak season in completely different circumstances. 

Willing to give him a chance. Problem is with the forest connection if he doesn’t hit the ground running things will get very toxic very fast. Fingers crossed a few wins in the first month to ease any tension. 

Yeah he’s an underwhelming appointment but who could we realistically get given our abysmal position financially and with the points deduction? Gotta just go with it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

No really that’s the curry from last night bud !!🤢

I am Joe Biden. Don’t recall eating a curry last night. Ice cream in Jesus never said airports my pants are tight. Right. Right. Go Hamden. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

Freak season in completely different circumstances. 

Cooper has got experience of keeping a newly promoted team up. No compensation needed too. It’s easy to see why he made the shortlist. 

Ok so.....

Postives: Braybrook and Alves may break into the first team and do well under Cooper, Top's wife won't have a crush on him, he may (or may not) hate Forest. 

Negatives: It's bloody Steve Cooper

2 minutes ago, Viva said:

Cooper has got experience of keeping a newly promoted team up. No compensation needed too. It’s easy to see why he made the shortlist. 

They spent 165m, That's the reason they stayed up.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

The Ranieri comparison doesn’t work here. He inherited a club on the up, the foundations were set and the chemistry among the players at that time were unlike we’ve seen before or since.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

A lot of people did, he had managed many Italian teams and done well at Chelsea.

So you want a high profile shit manager?

If it is to be Steve Cooper then I'm willing to give him a chance. Anyone who was at F#rest that horrible day will have seen how he set up a Championship side to wipe the floor with us. 

We are hardly a big draw ATM, so we have to take a gamble on someone. I'm fully aware of his win% record and this could fail miserably but he's shown enough to be given another chance, hopefully in better circumstances than he had at F*rest.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

tbf alot of people did, like id say 95% didnt

then again, anyone we are likely to get fans would moan, Potter theyd moan, want him out after 3 months, Copper, God himself, 

theyd still want them gone