Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

I just hope he actually has us attack, we’re going to ‘keep it tight’ our way to safety. 

This is dogshit

Premier League Records

Matches
Wins
Draws
Losses
Goals For
Goals Against
  • Like 1

Some of our fanbase are happy to lap up whatever the club serve them because to them that's what being a "proper fan" is all about. If that's what you want to do you're fully entitled to but don't try and make this out to be anything other than a shambles and another slap in the face from the club to the fans

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Do we actually know what his style is?

He played intricate passing stuff with England and Swansea (you don't get a choice at Swansea!). Forest played some good stuff at times too. In reality it went to pot in the Prem with all the signings and owner control, at which point he went into survival mode and the football looked a bit grim.

I'm pretty sure his preference is possession based attacking football. 

Well I hope is that is his aim and he explained clearly why that wasn’t possible with the forest team he had in the prem. 

Every time i watched forest they parked everyone behind the ball and relied on a breaks with johnson and awonyi.  Morgan Gibbs-white didn’t really shine in his system at all and it was only when nuno came in that we saw him become a real creative outlet. 

I’m not writing him off at all but don’t see the logical connection between him and what we were going for. All i see is a free appointment of someone who stayed up once 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

They spent 165m, That's the reason they stayed up.

In fairness that was the looney owner who's response upon promotion was to do the equivalent of a trolley dash in a proven failed footballers Poundland! At one time, every third person you met in Nottingham was a Forest player! Not only did Cooper have some dross to coach he also had to keep about 40 players happy which can't have been easy. 

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

They spent 165m, That's the reason they stayed up.

They were starting from a far worse position than us. They had to spend a fair amount of money. 

8 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Willing to give him a chance. Problem is with the forest connection if he doesn’t hit the ground running things will get very toxic very fast. Fingers crossed a few wins in the first month to ease any tension. 

Yeah he’s an underwhelming appointment but who could we realistically get given our abysmal position financially and with the points deduction? Gotta just go with it.

The Forest connection really should not be an issue. It's not even as if Cooper was Notts born and bred and a fan of club and ex player etc.

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

for me it’s not even about the pedigree of cooper but it’s the complete switch in direction from the club. I understand doing this when things are going badly but after winning promotion to suddenly switch playing styles is just odd.  

I just expected someone who had a very similar philosophy to enzo to be coming. 

I’ll get behind whoever is in charge, until they lose that respect but the decision making feels like a circus again 

I am far from Cooper's biggest fan, but it's unfair to bash his tactics. He switched to be pragmatic at Forrest in order to stay up. At Swansea he was way more progressive and a lot of the quote below sounds remarkably similar to how we currently play:

https://forestboffin.blogspot.com/2021/09/steve-cooper-tactics.html

"Initially at Swansea, Cooper favoured a 4-2-3-1, switching at times to a 4-3-3 system. A feature of these sides was patient play out from the back and a focus on attacking down the flanks. He changed to a 3-4-1-2 for the 2020/21 season, but retained this patient, wing-based approach.

The dominant facet of Cooper’s Swansea sides was their patience in possession. The back three spread and the defensive midfielder sits behind the opposition’s first line of press, making himself available as a deep lying playmaker - this was usually Matt Grimes for Swansea.

Grimes was the key man for Cooper – he took a large part of the responsibility to play the ball out of defence, and was responsible for this zone defensively during some passages of play."

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Some fans think Cooper feels like a Ranieri signing lollol 

Ranieri had a good record when he came to us.

The comparison with Ranieri is about the fact that nobody on here would have been happy about it. Not comparing this team with what we had then. 
He didn’t have a great record by the way. He’d just got sacked by Greece for getting humiliated by the Faroe Islands.  

• Like 4

Its all about the context with Cooper (if it is him)

Kept F****t up when a bonkers chairman sanctioned the most bizarre player buying spree the league has ever seen.

Who know what he might be able to do with a more settled and familiar squad.

The Jury is indeed out at present, but at least give him some rope before you hang him!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Viva said:

The comparison with Ranieri is about the fact that nobody on here would have been happy about it. Not comparing this team with what we had then. 
He didn’t have a great record by the way. He’d just got sacked by Greece for getting humiliated by the Faroe Islands.  

Lots of hindsight and selective memory from Leicester fans!

4 minutes ago, ScotFox1 said:

Its all about the context with Cooper (if it is him)

Kept F****t up when a bonkers chairman sanctioned the most bizarre player buying spree the league has ever seen.

Who know what he might be able to do with a more settled and familiar squad.

The Jury is indeed out at present, but at least give him some rope before you hang him!

That's the reason Forest stayed up because they spent 165m pound notes.

They was lucky to even get to the Prem.

Edited by whoareyaaa

9 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

When the full story of this appointment is fully told it will shock folks 

The Incompetence displayed by some at the club is truly unbelievable for a 100’s of millions business 

one man’s desperate bid to keep power, one man’s desperate bid to play in a certain way and finally one man who was very resolute and very clear on his terms and stuck to these right to the end 

cooper is NO mug, astute and sharp, he played his cards properly and he played to win 

he wanted the job but he wanted the job on his terms in his space with the ability to fall on his own sword 

Im flabbergasted at how Ruskin has managed to sneak into and maintain his power at this club 

out future was decided during a boost session at ascot … let that sink in ! 

mods will probably not publish this, and that’s fine cos I do talk a lot of nonsense,

but on this appointment I have known virtually every twist and turn and have shared as such 

but I stress it’s still not 100% signed 

power to some people at this club is more important than the future of the club 

if Steve Signs the contract we owe it to him and ourselves to get behind him and give him everything we got ! 

together we can stay up, divided we get relegated 

are we saying Rudkin has ****ed this all up by not letting Potter have what he wanted?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

A lot of the players had said during the season that they liked the new style of play and that they had learned a lot from his philosophy, so now to go back to a "backwards" style of play will prove a bit tricky for some, especially Ricky P,  Winks etc 

Hardly gonna come out saying he was shit. Winks loved him and fairplay he resurrected his career. 

But there were also a lot that were indifferent to him in the end once he become so stubborn. 

Like I said it's hard for subscribe to your view we have invested in a squad who was built for his philosophy when he didn't play most of them.