Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

11 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

When the full story of this appointment is fully told it will shock folks 

The Incompetence displayed by some at the club is truly unbelievable for a 100’s of millions business 

one man’s desperate bid to keep power, one man’s desperate bid to play in a certain way and finally one man who was very resolute and very clear on his terms and stuck to these right to the end 

cooper is NO mug, astute and sharp, he played his cards properly and he played to win 

he wanted the job but he wanted the job on his terms in his space with the ability to fall on his own sword 

Im flabbergasted at how Ruskin has managed to sneak into and maintain his power at this club 

out future was decided during a boost session at ascot … let that sink in ! 

mods will probably not publish this, and that’s fine cos I do talk a lot of nonsense,

but on this appointment I have known virtually every twist and turn and have shared as such 

but I stress it’s still not 100% signed 

power to some people at this club is more important than the future of the club 

if Steve Signs the contract we owe it to him and ourselves to get behind him and give him everything we got ! 

together we can stay up, divided we get relegated 

It won’t ever be told though will it. No transparency or accountability 

11 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

When the full story of this appointment is fully told it will shock folks 

The Incompetence displayed by some at the club is truly unbelievable for a 100’s of millions business 

one man’s desperate bid to keep power, one man’s desperate bid to play in a certain way and finally one man who was very resolute and very clear on his terms and stuck to these right to the end 

cooper is NO mug, astute and sharp, he played his cards properly and he played to win 

he wanted the job but he wanted the job on his terms in his space with the ability to fall on his own sword 

Im flabbergasted at how Ruskin has managed to sneak into and maintain his power at this club 

out future was decided during a boost session at ascot … let that sink in ! 

mods will probably not publish this, and that’s fine cos I do talk a lot of nonsense,

but on this appointment I have known virtually every twist and turn and have shared as such 

but I stress it’s still not 100% signed 

power to some people at this club is more important than the future of the club 

if Steve Signs the contract we owe it to him and ourselves to get behind him and give him everything we got ! 

together we can stay up, divided we get relegated 

Majorly intriguing. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This evokes a real mix of emotions and confusion.

I'm no fan of Graham Potter, he might have a bit more kudos in the PL than Cooper after his slow progression of Brighton really took shape after 3 years but in the first 2 years it wasn't much different in points and general output than what Cooper did under chaotic circumstances at Forest.

We need somebody to hit the ground running and perhaps Cooper has more in his track record in that regard, he immediately improved Swansea from Potter in league position and at Forest his run to promotion was ridiculous.

But there's a major disconnect with the type of manager Cooper appears to be and what our club seemingly crave or certainly craved when they got Enzo and what we've been told they were looking for in a replacement.

I'm all for us being pragmatic where required next season, but that's not an excuse for being dog shit and not playing any football.

I like Cooper's track record at England youth level and his development of young players and academy players at both Swansea and Forest. That has to be the priority for me to get on board with this appointment. I actually would rather see the development of Alves, Braybrooke, Nelson, Jake Evans etc than trying to stay up just for the sake of it.

I hope he is aligned with our recruitment in the types of players that he can utilise and there's a clear strategy in our financial position with the squad. Wages need to be cut and this squad rebuilt with young talent on sensible salaries, it eases the burden on the necessity of us being a Premier League club for the sake of it.

Top post mate.

I won’t lie, gutted if it is Cooper over Potter but your sentiment of cutting our cloth and bringing through the academy players is a silver lining.

My only observation is the board doing the opposite and giving generously long, OTT wages to Hamza and Jannik in recent months.

• Like 1

Just now, FLAN said:

It won’t ever be told though will it. No transparency or accountability 

Why should it? They’re not a government department, they’ve got no obligation to be transparent about internal procedures 

I'm OK with him being appointed.  He was highly rated before he took the Forest job, got them up and to be fair kept them up.

I don't think we had a lot of managers knocking our door down for the job

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Viva said:

The comparison with Ranieri is about the fact that nobody on here would have been happy about it. Not comparing this team with what we had then. 
He didn’t have a great record by the way. He’d just got sacked by Greece for getting humiliated by the Faroe Islands.  

That’s true, but don’t miss out the crucial part of the comparison / argument - “look how that turned out”.

Very, very different circumstances. The Ranieri comparison is a moot point.

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I am far from Cooper's biggest fan, but it's unfair to bash his tactics. He switched to be pragmatic at Forrest in order to stay up. At Swansea he was way more progressive and a lot of the quote below sounds remarkably similar to how we currently play:

https://forestboffin.blogspot.com/2021/09/steve-cooper-tactics.html

"Initially at Swansea, Cooper favoured a 4-2-3-1, switching at times to a 4-3-3 system. A feature of these sides was patient play out from the back and a focus on attacking down the flanks. He changed to a 3-4-1-2 for the 2020/21 season, but retained this patient, wing-based approach.

The dominant facet of Cooper’s Swansea sides was their patience in possession. The back three spread and the defensive midfielder sits behind the opposition’s first line of press, making himself available as a deep lying playmaker - this was usually Matt Grimes for Swansea.

Grimes was the key man for Cooper – he took a large part of the responsibility to play the ball out of defence, and was responsible for this zone defensively during some passages of play."

that’s good to hear at least but i’m just going off what i had seen of him. 

The forest side we played in the fa cup were scary and if we play like that there would be no complaints.  It’s just that if he was that guy, than i would have expected forest to transition to that in his second year. Their football got worse and he didn’t keep them up , then progress them to a new style, he stuck with scrapping for points. 

Which version is he planning to keep us up? We are in a position where every point is critical so do we really expect him to abandon what got him out of jail at forest? 

But we won’t know until we get to pre-season and see what he’s looking to do. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Cooper it is!

I think he will be solid and give youth a chance. Lets be fair, with all these free transfers we have lost in the last 12 months coupled with FFP and impending points deduction we are lucky we dont end up with Paul ince or Neil Warnock.

I can see Potter managing a top 6 club, I can also see the FA opting for him to replace Southgate to be honest. Potter would do a Maresca and going to someone bigger within a year anyway so better stick to Safety Steve I reckon.

I believe he will become the 9th different Nationality we have at the helm and our first Sheep molester.

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Every time i watched forest they parked everyone behind the ball and relied on a breaks with johnson and awonyi.  Morgan Gibbs-white didn’t really shine in his system at all

Gibbs-White won their player of the season award under Cooper. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Some fans think Cooper feels like a Ranieri signing lollol 

Ranieri had a good record when he came to us.

Yeah straight after being sacked by getting beat by those soccer giants San Marino 👌You’d be lying if you were happy at the time it happened 

You know, how epic would it be if Cooper comes in and keeps us up at forests expense.

Tall order with points deductions but a lot of you would go mental celebrating that lol

Just now, Trumpet said:

That’s true, but don’t miss out the crucial part of the comparison / argument - “look how that turned out”.

Very, very different circumstances. The Ranieri comparison is a moot point.

Look how that turned out, means the appointment proved to be a success. A success this season will be staying up. 

It’s just simply comparing an appointment that turned out to be good. I still don’t think you can call it a horrendous decision until we see some results. 

Quite frankly couldn’t give a sh!t who they appoint anymore. Whoever it is I wish them the best. Can’t afford to take my kids to watch matches now so going to take a break from football. 
Probably still hang around on here and bitch though. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Viva said:

How about you wait and see how Cooper gets on first? Can’t really call it horrendous management until we see the results. 

We haven't hired some unknown, we've seen him in the prem and it was horrendous. Awful to watch and awful results.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

Quite frankly couldn’t give a sh!t who they appoint anymore. Whoever it is I wish them the best. Can’t afford to take my kids to watch matches now so going to take a break from football. 
Probably still hang around on here and bitch though. 

lol. I think that last bit is true for many who are so ambivalent to it all now.

Personally, I'd come on here for a good laugh at the people bitching :D

• Haha 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I think some people would be happy if a dog turned up as manager.

At least they'd be good at barking out the orders on the touchline

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Forest had money to spend. We have diddly squat. It's going to be an interesting season.

I'll back the manager because I have to.

Forest were happy to breach FFP. The owner is on record saying he would sort any penalty. As it happens he didn’t, but they got away with it as the three teams who went down were so poor. 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I think some people would be happy if a dog turned up as manager.

Maybe a break is required until the dust settles? Unless you are here for the dust of course  :)

• Haha 1