Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

The only manager we'll be able to attract is one who has a point to prove or who hasn't managed at this level yet. 

With the points deductions potentially on the horizon and and PSR and having a mini rebuild to do. 

Who ever comes in is on a hiding to nothing.

I’m looking forward to the shortlist coming out. Might be able to make a few quid on Oscar Garcia quickly because the bookies won’t be seeing it the way some of us do. 

15 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

We need someone who can operate with a siege mentality and the best manager for that is Jose mourinho. Although he hasn't been great recently we need someone to win ugly and mourinho will do that but will never happen in a month of Sundays.

I don't think potter is the type to dig deep and grind out wins.

I don't like him either but I think the best option would be Moyes.

He'll build the club and help us improve. We just need to survive in the premier league for a couple of seasons

The pretty football and possession approach can come in a few years.

I think where we are atm Jose would actually suit our players. We have slow defenders like Souttar and Vestergaard who would need to be replaced under most managers, Jose or Moyes could probably give Jan a 1 year extension and work with them, I don't care how we play next season. I cared this season because fundamentally I'm concerned Enzo's style will absolutely destroy us in the premier league, we need a manager to come in and get the best out of what we have, as unfortunately if the finances are as bad as we think, there are multiple players that we want to offload that we realistically might end up keeping, players like Soumare, Faes or even an extended Vestergaard. 

Honestly if you gave Moyes or Mourinho a back 4 of Kristiansen, Faes, Coady or Vesty and Ricardo, I think they would get the most out of them, and we then maybe wouldn't need to offload 3-4 defenders and sign 3-4 more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simonb said:

I hope we recruit by looking at the situation realistically. With having no money and the inevitable points deduction, we're going to drop (sorry to be a pessimist, usually try and be positive), so I'm hoping they look at the long term plan and hopefully with the idea of some consistency.

Next season surely has to just be about generating premier league money, but building a squad to bounce straight back up the season after to start a new Premier league campaign on a level playing field. So hopefully, someone more up and coming could be considered, rather than a short term fix for whats likely to be a sh1t show of a season anyway.

Personally, I'd rather someone like Rohl over De Zerbi (shown he's capable of a Rodgers impact then gone) or a Moyes whose ready for retirement 

However, whoever we get I'll support, just hope there's a proper long term plan to whoever we obtain. I do fear though, we'll be in a beggars/choosers situation with our current state of play.

Please not a Lamparsd/Gerrard type though

We can spend money….. we just need to be sensible. 

9 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

He’s 1-14 with oddschecker so that means he’s gone to Chelsea unless there’s a meteor hitting Earth in the next hours. 

In a way I don’t blame him given the poor communication to him on our financial position and the January Sensi nonsense. I think it’s a bit of a risk for Chelsea but their squad is a level above ours so he’ll do OK. 

It’s not good for us though especially with the players heavily bought in to him. Need to tie down Winks and Fatawu very quickly now. 

Yeah I wrote this before the Percy article came out, at the time he was 3/1 with De Zerbi favourite at evens. 

We will get another possession obsessed coach no doubt. 

I personally think it’s madness that clubs with CL ambitions are going for Championship coaches, but here we are. Kompany going to Bayern too… crazy manager market at the moment. McKenna will end up United no doubt.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The only manager we'll be able to attract is one who has a point to prove or who hasn't managed at this level yet. 

With the points deductions potentially on the horizon and and PSR and having a mini rebuild to do. 

Carlos Corberán

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

De Zerbi hasn't left Brighton to come here.

Be good if he could come here and bring his recruitment staff too... 

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think it's the complete opposite, it's a free hit . Stay up and you look good, go down and you can say.  Not my fault points deduction, lack of cash for signings etc.

While you walk away with a few mill in the bank .

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I’m looking forward to the shortlist coming out. Might be able to make a few quid on Oscar Garcia quickly because the bookies won’t be seeing it the way some of us do. 

I'll bet you a £20 donation to FoxesTalk it isn't Oscar ****ing Garcia. 

I don't know why you're obsessed. We barely use OHL at all as any kind of prep ground for Leicester. They're run pretty much as two separate clubs besides the odd loan.

Garcia's CV is garbage, he's not coming here. He's exactly the sort of coach a lower mid table Belgian side with little to no upwards mobility would sign, sure. He not coming to Premier League Leicester City. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'll bet you a £20 donation to FoxesTalk it isn't Oscar ****ing Garcia. 

I don't know why you're obsessed. We barely use OHL at all as any kind of prep ground for Leicester. They're run pretty much as two separate clubs besides the odd loan.

Garcia's CV is garbage, he's not coming here. He's exactly the sort of coach a lower mid table Belgian side with little to no upwards mobility would sign, sure. He not coming to Premier League Leicester City. 

Do you think we could make it through a day without you calling me or someone else obsessed about something? 

Take you up on the £20 though very generous 😘

Also I’ve made cash out money on a manager market before, that was the point I’m making. Hell be long odds, a few will put money on and they make him odds on. Etc etc. 

It’s no big deal, others have mentioned him several times too. 

Posted (edited)

If it does turn out to be Corberan, I'd hope as soon as that contracts signed he's on the phone to Celtic to coax them in to selling Mikey Johnston to us... was fantastic at the baggies 

Edited by Simonb

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

you think we could make it through a day without you calling me or someone else obsessed about something?

I'm pretty sure the only other thing I've accused you of being obsessed about is Newcastle and their ownership and given you have you head firmly planted up Amanda Staveley's buttocks I don't think that's completely unreasonable. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think people are getting to bogged down with this shit.

The club is not in a financial mess as the owners are funding the losses.

The issue is the rules are shit, they are probably going to change soon.

A lot of players have left since last year, we didn't need 40 million to pay off Rodgers and Co, more players will leave. We don't really know where we are but for someone who back himself it's not impossible installing a seige mentality sees us staying up. There was some dross in the Prem this year, including Forest and Everton who will also be in a similar position again. 

Have we even been actually linked with anyone? Baffles me how always it seems we ain’t doing anything and no info ever comes out. Surely our powers that be, board and director of football, aren’t constantly sitting on their hands and always playing catch up

This might get you thinking but understand he’s early favourite anyway. 

Corberan is represented by the same agent as Enzo, Vardy and umpteen others in our squad. As is Potter and Garcia. 

One of the few people who Rudkin seems to work with on a regular basis. So I’d say high chance he gets to the shortlist 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

That guy up at Celtic has done well. Seems a really nice, down to earth chap, not arrogant or full of himself at all. 

You're referring to Celtic Ladies right?

55 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Potter isn’t the messiah for a club in our position and neither is Moyes necessarily.

Why not moyes intrigued why?

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm pretty sure the only other thing I've accused you of being obsessed about is Newcastle and their ownership and given you have you head firmly planted up Amanda Staveley's buttocks I don't think that's completely unreasonable. 

Like I said in another thread (and you ignored as usual when you’re called out…) won’t be long until you have to find yourself a new club if we do a deal with PTT.