Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

38 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

why 

Does he really hold authority when those above think they know better than him? 

That they don't trust him to make his own signings? 

That he potentially sat back and watched a shitshow unfold? Would Cloughie have allowed it (appreciate a different time but it doesn't show him to be a strong character) 

That he was forced to work with players he had no input in their signing? 

That he had about 50 full time professionals and still couldn't get a decent side out on the pitch? 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

My hunch is that if it turns out to be Cooper - this could be a decent appointment for us.

He’s not a charlatan like Rodgers and I imagine he’ll have a bit more pragmatism than Maresca - and indeed Potter.

A lot of people are drawing Ranieri comparisons, but I might point to West Ham’s Moyes appointment in which there fan base didn’t really want him either time - and yet they were treated to largely good seasons, some decent signings, Premier League safety and a European trophy before partying ways for the second time.

As a club, we won’t be able to out pass any of the top 6 regularly enough, so for us to be successful we need to find a method that works for our club - and I’m inclined to think Cooper is the better fit to find that for our club at this moment in time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

We've gone from a Lambo to Fiesta, that can have an effect.

Lambo is Pep, SAF, Klopp, Ancelotti etc. 

Cooper is a Fiesta

Maresca is one of those new models that look quite good but aren't much under the bonnet, A Golf or something equally as average. 

Just now, Tommy G said:

Cooper is a Fiesta

Maresca is one of those new models that look quite good but aren't much under the bonnet, A Golf or something equally as average. 

I think Maresca was well respected, I somehow don't see Cooper having the same effect.

10 minutes ago, Ryy said:

GET IT FORWARD!!!!

Which makes him and his methods the antithesis to the vague ethos we actually do (did) have.

Makes no sense at all to me.

• Like 1

This hatred towards Cooper must just be the Forest thing. He’s probably done more than Potter 🤣 
One of the few people to win a tournament with England national Team - took Forest from relegation zone to prem and probably would’ve kept them up 

And we can hardly be picky 🤣 we’ve got no money, an incompetent board and chairman plus a points deduction coming.

Our focus should be on the board not the new manager, whoever they are  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Cooper is a Fiesta

Cooper is a BMX in this scenario

Just waking up to all the noise saying cooper is in advanced talks. Well I hope the players are more enthusiastic about him as our manager than I am.

i just hope and pray if cooper gets this chance he proves us all wrong and produces some miracles because we really need it! Our backs are up against the wall.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I think Maresca was well respected, I somehow don't see Cooper having the same effect.

Agreed - to a point, took some of the senior players post Plymouth to get everyone going again remember - we all have short memories, that week where we lost to Millwall and Plymouth Maresca was yesterdays news to us all. He will be gone by Christmas at Chelsea, he certainly isn't a Lambo, a 2 litre diesel thats go a bit of go maybe. 

2 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

....   this is what happens when you leave Elmer Fudkin in charge.

Could have had Potter...

Could we ???

Potter is still cashing cheques from Chelsea.   I don't think he was ever coming here to be honest. We are too "ugly sister" for him.

23 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

that’s good to hear at least but i’m just going off what i had seen of him. 

The forest side we played in the fa cup were scary and if we play like that there would be no complaints.  It’s just that if he was that guy, than i would have expected forest to transition to that in his second year. Their football got worse and he didn’t keep them up , then progress them to a new style, he stuck with scrapping for points. 

Which version is he planning to keep us up? We are in a position where every point is critical so do we really expect him to abandon what got him out of jail at forest? 

But we won’t know until we get to pre-season and see what he’s looking to do. 

Yes for what it's worth I share your concerns. Forest sacked Cooper despite Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley being in the division at the time. Even with their points deductions, Forest had been underperforming for a while, but should have been well clear given the individual quality they had. That said, I'm not sure Nuno improved them all that much.

But one major plus point is that Cooper WANTS the job. Who knows, but maybe during the interview he had a massive presentation on every squad member, his vision for the future and how he would go about doing it? Unai Emery did this at Arsenal and Villa and convinced both to give him the job. Someone who is super motivated, with something to prove, could actually be a blessing in disguise.

For that reason, I will wait until matchday 4 till I completely write him off and demand he be sacked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Who is saying they won't buy into Cooper. Enzoball was 1 dimensional. Horses for courses.

Which one is it?

Your original post said that the manager is not as important as our summer recruits.

Again, I wasn’t Enzo’s biggest fan but surely most would admit from a players perspective he’s a more exciting, upcoming  manager than Cooper?!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

Agreed - to a point, took some of the senior players post Plymouth to get everyone going again remember - we all have short memories, that week where we lost to Millwall and Plymouth Maresca was yesterdays news to us all. He will be gone by Christmas at Chelsea, he certainly isn't a Lambo, a 2 litre diesel thats go a bit of go maybe. 

You are going to have bad games through a season you can't expect to win every game, this senior player thing no one really knows what happened and are just guessing, similar to the Cambiasso keeping us up.

We will know by the end of the season how good he really is.

Probably boiled down to which of the three underwhelming front runners was the cheapest . Corberan - compo + high salary,  Potter high package as ‘ex Chelsea” , Cooper probably on a low basic with promised performance based bonus 

8 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Cooper is a Fiesta

Maresca = BYD surely?