Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Redeem yourselves and announce Big Nige right now

If you think the ownership isn't very adventurous with Cooper then this is one hell of a backwards step lol

• Haha 1

Cooper, 44, became the Foxes' clear preferred candidate and is categorically not their second choice to take over from Enzo Maresca, who guided the club back to promotion to the Premier League at the first time of asking last season, before recently taking over at Chelsea.

oh-ok-yeah-sure.gif

My only gripe is it should have been done and sorted a couple of weeks ago rather than fawning over Potter who clearly was never that keen

To be fair, If he's coming in I can see it being under a directive of "possession based football", he is adaptable and changes formations a lot. He'll have to use the players he's got, abandoning last year's spine of Mads, Vestergaard, Winks is just unlikely. Cooper is also more likely to blend in youth and be active with the academy, which we want.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

If you think the ownership isn't very adventurous with Cooper then this is one hell of a backwards step lol

If we're going down I at least want Nigel Pearson chants all season and him throttling reporters (and potentially Rudkin) lol

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Haha. Top and Rudkin walked out of the meeting yesterday thinking, that went well and shared that with their contacts in the media.

Potter walked out thinking this lot are ****ing nuts, no way. 

• Haha 3

I don't understand people blaming the club for the changing odds and speculation.  It's the journalists that make it up as they go along, make sweeping statements, then have to back-pedal when they turn out to be wrong.  If they didn't invent stories in the first place, they wouldn't have to keep correcting themselves.

I'm not sure about Cooper, but I'm not sure about Potter either.  The way he abandoned his project at Brighton when Chelsea clicked their fingers, and the fact that he's turned us down before, makes me worry that he'd just be using us to get back into management, and would constantly be looking out of a better offer.

55 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

When the full story of this appointment is fully told it will shock folks 

The Incompetence displayed by some at the club is truly unbelievable for a 100’s of millions business 

one man’s desperate bid to keep power, one man’s desperate bid to play in a certain way and finally one man who was very resolute and very clear on his terms and stuck to these right to the end 

cooper is NO mug, astute and sharp, he played his cards properly and he played to win 

he wanted the job but he wanted the job on his terms in his space with the ability to fall on his own sword 

Im flabbergasted at how Ruskin has managed to sneak into and maintain his power at this club 

out future was decided during a boost session at ascot … let that sink in ! 

mods will probably not publish this, and that’s fine cos I do talk a lot of nonsense,

but on this appointment I have known virtually every twist and turn and have shared as such 

but I stress it’s still not 100% signed 

power to some people at this club is more important than the future of the club 

if Steve Signs the contract we owe it to him and ourselves to get behind him and give him everything we got ! 

together we can stay up, divided we get relegated 

I feel like I need to know more… who had the final say? Who wanted who? What were cooper’s terms? How did Rudkin demonstrate his power?

many questions if you could answer any! Appreciate your info.

59 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

When the full story of this appointment is fully told it will shock folks 

The Incompetence displayed by some at the club is truly unbelievable for a 100’s of millions business 

one man’s desperate bid to keep power, one man’s desperate bid to play in a certain way and finally one man who was very resolute and very clear on his terms and stuck to these right to the end 

cooper is NO mug, astute and sharp, he played his cards properly and he played to win 

he wanted the job but he wanted the job on his terms in his space with the ability to fall on his own sword 

Im flabbergasted at how Ruskin has managed to sneak into and maintain his power at this club 

out future was decided during a boost session at ascot … let that sink in ! 

mods will probably not publish this, and that’s fine cos I do talk a lot of nonsense,

but on this appointment I have known virtually every twist and turn and have shared as such 

but I stress it’s still not 100% signed 

power to some people at this club is more important than the future of the club 

if Steve Signs the contract we owe it to him and ourselves to get behind him and give him everything we got ! 

together we can stay up, divided we get relegated 

Ugh ****ing hell. Fine…

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Talksport reckon we have a couple of signings ready to go as soon as we appoint Cooper

Steven Reid outta retirement I heard