Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

I’m glad we’ve moved on from Potter. He’s messed us about twice now. If it’s Cooper coming in then we should give him a chance. He did brilliantly for Forest.

• Like 3

Two new players ready to sign just makes me think we didnt want potter, what if Cooper doesn’t want them if that’s not the case. The club is so far from what it was 3/4 seasons ago.

Alan Tate, Steven Rands and Steven Reid were on his staff at Forest, only Tate is out of work and Rands and Reid are still at Forest - interested to see if either follow Cooper here.

6 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

To be fair, If he's coming in I can see it being under a directive of "possession based football", he is adaptable and changes formations a lot. He'll have to use the players he's got, abandoning last year's spine of Mads, Vestergaard, Winks is just unlikely. Cooper is also more likely to blend in youth and be active with the academy, which we want.

If we want to stay in the league then bringing through academy players is not going to work, we’ll get smashed.

2 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

Let’s give the guy a chance . Don t slag him off before he’s even started. Give him 10 games and see where we are 

Why should we, like the same people banging on about enzo not being good enough.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

If we want to stay in the league then bringing through academy players is not going to work, we’ll get smashed.

You can integrate a couple of academy players if the nucleus of the squad is good enough. Ours isn't a premier league squad (yet)

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/simon-jordan-spot-on-chelsea-9353934

Simon Jordan ‘spot on’ as Chelsea clause cited as Leicester City and Graham Potter deal breaker
In little over 12 hours Leicester City's search for a new manager has taken a dramatic turn

ByJames Quinlan
13:12, 19 JUN 2024

Simon Jordan has speculated about why Graham Potter may have hesitated over the Leicester City job.

Two candidates were named as nailed-on favourites for the vacant post in quick succession on Wednesday. First, it was former Brighton and Chelsea coach Potter, said to be the frontrunner after positive discussions with the club's hierarchy.

But then The Telegraph reported Steve Cooper's imminent appointment, that now appears most likely.

READ MORE: The cost effective Leicester City transfer link and the reality about Adrien Truffert

READ MORE: Leicester City key fixture dates with Enzo Maresca Chelsea reunion and Nottingham Forest derby

Speaking on talkSPORT, Jordan said: "I don’t know whether he (Potter) wanted to ruminate or whether there was a bigger horse trade going on, or whether he’s playing hide and seek with himself. But the culture of certain ownership models are that when they offer you a job and you think you’ve agreed something they expect you to do it.

"Whether he’s sort of fiddle farted about and they’ve gone ‘well, hang on a second we don’t think you’re showing the prerequisite amount of enthusiasm for the job’ and they go with Cooper, or whether we’re working with misinformation that’s not entirely accurate."

He was speaking alongside former Premier League manager Alan Pardew, who posed the question: "The other thing that could be holding this up is just a clause, like a get out clause, a termination clause, a clause for signing players, who knows?"

“Or a mitigation clause because if Chelsea are having to pay him up on his contract and he’s on a million pound a month or whatever obscene figure he’s on for being a bloody football manager there may well be a consequence of taking another job," Jordan replied.

"That consequence may well be that Chelsea get to mitigate some of those costs and all of a sudden the difference between what he’s getting for sitting on his backside and doing nothing against what he’s going to be getting for managing a football team might not be economically as beneficial for him.

"I hope that’s not the reason because that shouldn’t be the reason because you should want to be back in as a football manager."

Pardew labelled his co-pundit "spot on", adding: “I think Simon is probably spot on in terms of you know, what is this relationship with Chelsea still? How does that pan out in terms of his contract situation? It might be complicated beyond our belief. That might be an issue.”

• Like 1

Judging Cooper's historical track record on the basis of two thirds of one season in the Premier League with a Club hardly likely to pull up any trees is a bit daft to be honest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

Let’s give the guy a chance . Don t slag him off before he’s even started. Give him 10 games and see where we are 

I'll back him and give him the support... but you have to admit it's a rather uninspiring appointment.

4 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Two new players ready to sign just makes me think we didnt want potter, what if Cooper doesn’t want them if that’s not the case. The club is so far from what it was 3/4 seasons ago.

What if these players don't want to play for Cooper, more like.  We can forget any decent signings coming in and probably more outgoings, if Cooper is appointed.