Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Can I respectfully point out that Rudkin has never failed to achieve what the majority of FT members thought he would achieve.  So relax and enjoy the ride….

Never forget when he wanted to appoint Scott Parker and now Cooper , he is simply not a DoF

17 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

About as hilarious as getting your chopper stuck in the zip of your jeans

Jokes on you - mines not big enough to do that.

• Haha 1

Just now, bosnianfox1884 said:

Never forget when he wanted to appoint Scott Parker and now Cooper , he is simply not a DoF

Did this actually happen

11 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

:ph34r: Im happier with Cooper than Maresca :ph34r:

FM really? 

Have you seen his stats? At a granular level they are even worse.

The lowest number of shots on goal, the worse forward passes, the worse crosses into the box, the worse possession stats etc etc 

This appointment beggars belief and is made from a desperate club which has no sense of ambition or sense of itself 

• Like 3

Hard to desipher exactly what @LinekersLugs is trying to say but...

- Top wanted Potter

- Rudkin wanted Cooper (because he assumed that would give him more control)

- Potter wanted his own head of recruitment/potentially even his own DOF?

- Cooper actually wants more control than Rudkin was expecting

- Rudkin is now having to agree to those terms with Cooper as the alternative is Potter and probably being eased out of his own job?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

We're finishing bottom 5 no matter who is in charge but I'm more optimistic we can survive with Cooper than either maresca or potter.  Defensive solidity and swift counter attacks is how we can survive this season. The style the other 2 play, Enzoball aka Rodgersball aka pissession aka the horseshoe of doom, used against teams with better players than us will just send us down. Itl also continue to frustrate and bore the hell out of the non football hipster amongst us. I'm def giving Cooper a chance.

This is almost exactly how I see this but I struggle to get behind him with his connection to Forest. Early days but feels to me very similar to Everton appointing Benitez

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

He was lucky imo

Forest's luck was absurd in their first season up. Played every big club when they were out of form and all of their relegation rivals were out of form at the same time as they were. 

Cooper had better bring the genies he had when he was at Notts Forest. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

We're finishing bottom 5 no matter who is in charge but I'm more optimistic we can survive with Cooper than either maresca or potter.  Defensive solidity and swift counter attacks is how we can survive this season. The style the other 2 play, Enzoball aka Rodgersball aka pissession aka the horseshoe of doom, used against teams with better players than us will just send us down. Itl also continue to frustrate and bore the hell out of the non football hipster amongst us. I'm def giving Cooper a chance.

His teams are not solid defensively and they don't score many goals, well at least in the Prem

Edited by whoareyaaa

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Do you know that we have the £4m to pay the release clause?

I do. But I'm willing to bet that our net transfer spend this summer will significantly exceed £4m, and I'd happily trade £4m off our outlay on players if it meant getting a better manager in. It has also been reported that we'd be happy to spend £4m on Corberan if Cooper turned us down, so it appears it isn't as big a factor as some people are assuming.

• Like 2

It all really depends on our financial position and what those running the club really expect. Potter would suggest some spending and a bit of optimism. Cooper would suggest little spending and no optimism at all. 

Forest Cooper had the benefit of only needing to finish ahead of Leeds, Southampton and Rodgers self immolating Danny Ward no 1 Leicester City, with a plethora of expensive signings, plus 3 points gifted to him at the City Ground by us.

Here, he'll have sod all signings, at least 1 points deduction and not have the benefit of a car crash Leicester to finish above, because this time he's belted into the Ruddler's Volvo with the rest of us as he steers us straight off the Prem motorway down the embankment into the SkyBet for the next decade

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This ownership at this point has not a single redeeming feature for me. Not one.

They give you...

Free Singha beer.

Free Water.

Free Cake.

Free Mince Pies(Although mine had mould on it) 

• Haha 1

We need a change - the change has to be Rudkin - clearly he only wants to look out for himself and we need someone who will care what happens to the club. SACK RUDKIN! need a full blown protest at the first game in some way. This is the time, enough if enough, RUDKIN OUT!

• Like 1

Can't wait for Maresca to be sacked by Chelsea by around Feb/March time and us thinking how we dodged a bullet. Then us having a far better season than we expected with Cooper.

Ok this won't happen but how we can dream :rolleyes:

• Like 1