Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

We literally finished 5th and 8th and won the Championship & FA Cup playing that football.

BuT TeH STyle WoNt WoRk

Let's get this season out the way because we all know that we will be back in the championship playing football the Cooper way 

6 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

The inconsistency is it's being reported that Cooper was our top choice. 

So either that's BS (likely) or Potter's agents have tried to make it look like it was his job if he wanted it to save face from being beaten by Cooper to the role. 

For what it's worth, I tend not to share stuff now as you're either ITK or a cvnt when it's wrong, but I've been told Potter wasn't first choice but showed interest through agents. 

Offers tabled to Potter and he's delayed on timescale set out to agents from club on numerous occasions, whether him or the agent. 

Cooper has agreed to a 3 year deal apparently and its down to club. He knows he isn't first choice but wants back in to the game. 

A third unknown in a job manager has spoken to the club but FFP and points deduction has that on the back burner. 

Frank lampard spoke to as well. 

Believe it or not, just what I've been told from a relative that works very closely with club. He's been right more than wrong but it's a close running. 😅

• Like 4

I think the main question is what will the players think of it? Will some go thinking they don't want to play for Cooper (KDH?, Winks etc...). Will Fatawu sign? 

A lot of the players loved playing for Enzo by the sounds of it, Cooper is completely different. 

The "vision" is all over the place. There isn't a vision, just how to survive and do things on the cheap. 

• Like 1

Just now, fox_favourite said:

I think the main question is what will the players think of it? Will some go thinking they don't want to play for Cooper (KDH?, Winks etc...). Will Fatawu sign? 

A lot of the players loved playing for Enzo by the sounds of it, Cooper is completely different. 

The "vision" is all over the place. There isn't a vision, just how to survive and do things on the cheap. 

Those planning the vision 

20240619_172611.thumb.jpg.f11dd145ede8782665507fad0e8987fa.jpg  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Look up the word Obligation. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We literally finished 5th and 8th and won the Championship & FA Cup playing that football.

BuT TeH STyle WoNt WoRk

Relegated ourselves playing it as well. And a key difference then and when we finished 5th, 8th and won the cup is that we played 'that' football with much much better players than we have currently and even then we imploded in those seasons due to a lack of fight and bottle when the pressure was on. Last season we had vastly better players than pretty much the whole league and it was that more than the bullshit style that got us up. Noticeable again how often we blew it under pressure as the season went on. So no ThE StYle WoNt WorK if we try playing it with players not good enough and against teams who are better at it than us. Wel need to work and fight harder then them to give ourselves a chance.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We finished 5th and 8th playing that exact style.

Yes we got relegated but that because Rodgers wanted out and board didn't react quick enough, along with players running down there contracts.

We also won the league last season playing that style.

In the god awful championship..

Let's not kid ourselves, we were let off playing 'that style' numerous times due to playing against poor opposition, their rubbish finishing and the fact the teams around us didn't capitalise when we had a wobble or 3 at the business end of the season .

My post I did say that  'the style' wouldn't work in the Premiership and why IMO it wouldn't in the final paragraph.

Going from thinking that we're appointing Graham Potter to appointing Steve Cooper is like thinking you've got a date with Margot Robbie but you turn up and you've actually got a date with Steve Cooper.

• Haha 2

Just now, Gubbins said:

Relegated ourselves playing it as well. And a key difference then and when we finished 5th, 8th and won the cup is that we played 'that' football with much much better players than we have currently and even then we imploded in those seasons due to a lack of fight and bottle when the pressure was on. Last season we had vastly better players than pretty much the whole league and it was that more than the bullshit style that got us up. Noticeable again how often we blew it under pressure as the season went on. So no ThE StYle WoNt WorK if we try playing it with players not good enough and against teams who are better at it than us. Wel need to work and fight harder then them to give ourselves a chance.

We got relegated because Rodgers wanted out and we had players running down there contracts, nothing more to it.. nothing to do with the football.

Last season we won the league playing a similar style yes we had a blip like any team does in a season and still won the league quite comfortably in the end.

Coopers style is the opposite to what we have been doing and the players we have who are used to playing possession based football, it makes no sense what so ever.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

In the god awful championship..

Let's not kid ourselves, we were let off playing 'that style' numerous times due to playing against poor opposition, their rubbish finishing and the fact the teams around us didn't capitalise when we had a wobble or 3 at the business end of the season .

My post I did say that  'the style' wouldn't work in the Premiership and why IMO it wouldn't in the final paragraph.

We won the league mate, We also finished 5th and 8th in the Prem playing a worse type of possesion based football under Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Going from thinking that we're appointing Graham Potter to appointing Steve Cooper is like thinking you've got a date with Margot Robbie but you turn up and you've actually got a date with Steve Cooper.

I went to bed thinking it was Potter and Woke up to Steve Cooper!!

One word on Potter, if it is as the media are suggesting, and he is the one ****ing around, then do we really want him here? We  need someone who wants to be here, and clearly Potter isn’t sure. Which means if we were to start well under him, he would likely piss off at the first opportunity. I think Potters a genuine flight risk, so with that in mind, I’m glad we’re moving on from him.

• Like 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

We also finished 5th and 8th in the Prem playing a worse type of possesion based football under Rodgers.

We were largely awful the season we finished 8th, until the last few games we were in danger of getting relegated. We were often bailed out by individual quality, all of whom have left now.

• Like 2

Changing the style of play up, after the core of the team who will remain got adjusted to playing build up possession style. 

Is this a case of every other manager available saying no and Cooper the only one saying yes?  

Edited by Molson Canadian