Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

Just now, Gubbins said:

We would have been bored to tears in the stands and torn to shreds on the pitch by any team with a bit of pace and a good press which is most of them. The only reason maresca would last past Xmas would be that Rudkin would be too stupid to sack him.

We will never know.

I'd rather that than be getting battered every week

• Like 1

Think some are still in denial as the damage we have done to ourselves over the last few years, people may not like finances when discussing football, but it’s a sad reality of our undoing and a key pieces of why we are short on options at the moment.  :(

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If we get Cooper I won't even watch us next season, worst appointment since Peter Taylor

I was Leicester till I die

I'm taking some off

And I might be Leicester till I die again 

I think a lot of people will choose to carry on supporting the club

Just now, majaco said:

I'm taking some off

And I might be Leicester till I die again 

I think a lot of people will choose to carry on supporting the club

I won't bother, that will be the final straw.

Just now, 420Hashish said:

50 pages overnight? What did I miss? 

Not a lot but you might notice Potter looks a bit different in his press conferences next season to how you remember him!

9 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

MON at Leicester.

As a manager?!

Playing 15 years prior is totally different IMO.

I can see the “Agent Cooper” comments already when lost our first 5 games of the season.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

We won the league mate, We also finished 5th and 8th in the Prem playing a worse type of possesion based football under Rodgers. 

Your missing the point of my post..

IMO, The possession based style didn't  win us the league solely.  If fact it became a hindrance once the opposition sussed it out and Enzo dug his heals in,  It was also because..

The Championship is SH1T..

And the opposition we played last season were inferior to us.

We were a bit lucky with the opposition bottling it.

My original post stated on long the lines of,  if we play the same style, with quite possibly 90% of the same team, 

In the immensely superior Premiership, against teams with more quality than us  (it will probably be a reversed in a  scenario where last season were were the cream with regards to squad quality compared to our opposition, and this season we will be milk just on the turn)  we will.loose more often then not. 

Our team against the better Premiership opponents ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH, technically to play a possession based style effectively. (The Championships poorer standard afforded us a cushion so to speak) and due to the current financial situation we can't recruit to increase the effectiveness of a possession based football style.

What happened over the past seasons means diddly squat...it's how we play come August that does. My points above are why I think we will struggle playing a possession style.

• Thanks 1

Interesting that Sky are reporting that Cooper has agreed a deal to become HEAD COACH, not Manager. Is that significant - are we looking to appoint a (new) Director of Football, to oversee the Head Coach. A 'redesignation' for Rudkin - surely nothing else?!

2 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Interesting that Sky are reporting that Cooper has agreed a deal to become HEAD COACH, not Manager. Is that significant - are we looking to appoint a (new) Director of Football, to oversee the Head Coach. A 'redesignation' for Rudkin - surely nothing else?!

We have just appointed a technical director at OHL so maybe?

3 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Maybe the club wanted some authority back, and a yes man coach.

Just now, bald reynard said:

Yes ... rudkin 

13 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

We would have been bored to tears in the stands and torn to shreds on the pitch by any team with a bit of pace and a good press which is most of them. The only reason maresca would last past Xmas would be that Rudkin would be too stupid to sack him.

Agreed !!  To play Pepball you need to have quality players. Our players were better than most in the Champ but  wont be in the premier.  We would have been toast playing that way in the Premier.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Haha clutching at straws there sorry . Don’t do it to yourself. Cooper is the one they want as manager and it a diabolical decision.  

Absolute shambles! When you have idiots running the club this is what you get. We should probably be thankful that Cooper was daft/desperate enough to take a job that few others would have touched. God knows what the players must be thinking with these clowns in charge.