Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It’s a hideous appointment no denying it.

Cooper is 💩 

No mate. He's a genius keeping forest up in impossible circumstances. He had to deal with players like Danilo, Felipe and let's not forgot 3x champions league winner Navas. True miracle. What manager would want that. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Interesting that Sky are reporting that Cooper has agreed a deal to become HEAD COACH, not Manager. Is that significant - are we looking to appoint a (new) Director of Football, to oversee the Head Coach. A 'redesignation' for Rudkin - surely nothing else?!

Sky/Kaveh bloke said Enzo was our head coach not Manager and that was wrong so 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

It boils my piss it really does.

So they knew Potter’s Chelsea compensation with our finances might be a big stumbling block but once again produce such an unimaginative short list…..managers exist outside of the ones who have managed in England 🤬🤬

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Hard to desipher exactly what @LinekersLugs is trying to say but...

- Top wanted Potter

- Rudkin wanted Cooper (because he assumed that would give him more control)

- Potter wanted his own head of recruitment/potentially even his own DOF?

- Cooper actually wants more control than Rudkin was expecting

- Rudkin is now having to agree to those terms with Cooper as the alternative is Potter and probably being eased out of his own job?

So why doesn't Top just sack Rudkin?

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Hard to desipher exactly what @LinekersLugs is trying to say but...

- Top wanted Potter

- Rudkin wanted Cooper (because he assumed that would give him more control)

- Potter wanted his own head of recruitment/potentially even his own DOF?

- Cooper actually wants more control than Rudkin was expecting

- Rudkin is now having to agree to those terms with Cooper as the alternative is Potter and probably being eased out of his own job?

So Rudkin is useless? Yep. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Absolute shambles! When you have idiots running the club this is what you get. We should probably be thankful that Cooper was daft/desperate enough to take a job that few others would have touched. God knows what the players must be thinking with these clowns in charge. 

Thing is, I respect your opinion. But, those same idiots got it right with pretty much every single managerial appointment over the last 10 years. Maybe you could make an argument against Puel and I’m not including Dean Smith in that due to it being such a short reign.

Our signings have been largely hit and miss. But our managerial recruitment has been pretty spot on…

Don’t get me wrong, I wanted Potter. But I’m not as anti Cooper as so many seem to be.

Edited by Jakemoore

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

So why doesn't Top just sack Rudkin?

That’s the piece of the puzzle we may never understand lol 

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Depends what he means by complex 

Chelsea are probably still paying him until he takes a new job 

that needs dealing with cos we wont pay him what they were 

so there needs to be a severance deal agreed between potter and chelsea 

and I suspect he would want more complexity re being sacked/leaving than cooper 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

Thing is, I respect your opinion. But, those same idiots got it right with pretty much every single managerial appointment over the last 10 years. Maybe you could make an argument against Puel and I’m not including Dean Smith in that due to it being such a short reign.

Our signings have been largely hit and miss. But our managerial recruitment has been pretty spot on…

Don’t get me wrong, I wanted Potter. But I’m not as anti Cooper as so many seem to be.

Shakespeare after claudio?

Feels like a bit of a disappointment when compared to Potter. At the same time, I quite like him as a person. If he keeps us up at Forest's expense he'll be a hero but it's hard to see him lasting the season.  I've said it before - fans aren't going to be behind him and that's not what we need when we're already starting from the pit lane next season.  Some of his stats from Forest 22/23 season are horrific - he was averaging 1 away win a year. 1 AWAY WIN A YEAR.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

• Like 1

Just now, AjcW said:

That’s the piece of the puzzle we may never understand lol 

Do Rudkin / Top have a special deal where they take it in turns to decide the next Manager. So after Coopers sacking is it Top's go?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Not a lot but you might notice Potter looks a bit different in his press conferences next season to how you remember him!

He got a haircut it looks like 

4 minutes ago, supernuk said:

Just don't get it Enzo was an inspired choice. This just isn't 

I agree, but to many he wasn't. Even now the forum is full of posters that don't get the Enzo appointment and think we were just going to get done 1-0 on the counter every week, even against the top 6. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Chelsea are probably still paying him until he takes a new job 

that needs dealing with cos we wont pay him what they were 

so there needs to be a severance deal agreed between potter and chelsea 

and I suspect he would want more complexity re being sacked/leaving than cooper 

That could have taken us right close to pre season with plans for signings/friendlies in place