Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Considering this is happening, i suppose you have to look at the positives.

I think Potter is overrated, and has mugged us off again. I actually have doubts he will succeed in the PL again as the game slowly passes him by. Not sure who goes for him, and he feels like the sort of manager you should get at the start of a season.

Corberan (god i wish we had gone for him!) does not have PL experience. You do have to respect the clubs view on that, even if i dont agree with it. WBA in the playoffs was a bit of a warning, and it wasnt just down the squad depth.

Cooper had some credentials before Forest. This must work for him or he is likely finished. He will be coming into a very different setup to before and can probably plan the approach style in a way he simply couldn't at Forest. 

Cooper CANNOT play this the same we he did at Forest. If we revert to the structure he used there and we go to 'backs to the wall' almost scared football then he'll be finished pretty quickly. I cling on to hope that he has interviewed well and has a more progressive plan for what is a potentially good baseline squad, and maybe a few clever transfers. Also, clever integration of Nelson, Alves and Braybrooke could be key and rewarding. He could forge out an identity that is in line with what the club wants but is more pragmatic than Enzo.

Cooper has his work cut out for him. We have to compete with the bottom half of the league and i don't care if we try and sh1t house the top 6. 

EXACTLY THIS !!

My thoughts on Cooper was worrying back to the walls defending strange formations at times and Yes wish we’d have gone for Corberan too highly rated young manager with so much potential but we’d have to pay up to £4.5m for him and in our current state getting an out of work replacement is better financially but not necessarily for the football, I know if it is Cooper then I’ll be backing him along with the squad as usual 100% !

Just don’t Fuch us up Stevie C 🙏

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Not sure I've ever dreaded the next 2 seasons before. 

It's going to get very ugly. Overwhelming likelihood is we start 25/26 in the Championship with a points deduction and a transfer embargo. 

Strap in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Can I say as well that if things were this transparent, we’d all be looking at this very differently? Come out and say that things are shit and we need everyone pulling in the same direction, not this face saving bullshit that it’s about ‘vision’ and ‘growth’.

Dare I say that if the fans were afforded proper communication, we could create a real backs against the wall mentality and might have a chance this year.

Any danger @RYM

To have full transparency you need a culture that wants that. I don’t believe our culture is anywhere near wanting this. The complete opposite in fact IMO.

When you look at the clubs own charter against this latest ticket fiasco it shows they don’t care. Even if you just present the fan groups with the prices before they go out it’s a start. It should be the bare minimum that. 

Any of our fan related comms from the club seem to be word soup. They come across as if they are completely absorbed in their own arrogance and importance. 

• Like 1

On 28/05/2024 at 09:40, Matt said:

Was listening to TalkSport last night, don't get me wrong they WUM but they posed the question;

"Maresca to Chelsea, looks like Leicester want Corberan, are Leicester getting the better deal?"

Also Andy Jacobs (Chelsea fan) is fuming with the decision.

It remains to be seen but shows the underwhelming and regard Maresca is held in.

12 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Depends what he means by complex 

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

EXACTLY THIS !!

My thoughts on Cooper was worrying back to the walls defending strange formations at times and Yes wish we’d have gone for Corberan too highly rated young manager with so much potential but we’d have to pay up to £4.5m for him and in our current state getting an out of work replacement is better financially but not necessarily for the football, I know if it is Cooper then I’ll be backing him along with the squad as usual 100% !

denial, anger, bargaining, depression and now the acceptance has started 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It’s lazy managerial recruitment again - oh who’s available? Potter didn’t want it? Oh who next? Cooper? It’s yours mate 

It's almost like we're a club with no standards and no accountability :o

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Not a lot but you might notice Potter looks a bit different in his press conferences next season to how you remember him!

Yes he’s transgressed into being called Geraldine Potter now he said he’s not coming as rudkin wouldn’t stop wolf whistling him when wearing a Mini skirt !!😉😜😱🤯

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It’s lazy managerial recruitment again - oh who’s available? Potter didn’t want it? Oh who next? Cooper? It’s yours mate 

Spot on, this is the biggest problem. All the board / Ruskin have managed to come up with are these 2. Seemingly no looking further afield or thinking outside the box.

22 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

EXACTLY THIS !!

Pay 4.5 million or lose 100 million being relegated? 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Spot on, this is the biggest problem. All the board / Ruskin have managed to come up with are these 2. Seemingly no looking further afield or thinking outside the 

20 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Lazy recruitment again you say. Surely you don't mean Enzo was a lazy appointment? What amazes me is the conjecture without any evidence as to what the club have been doing. 

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Does Corberan come with a guarantee of survival then? Seems like an opportunity missed if so.

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

It’s not that much, loss of merit payment for league position finish  and a parachute payment to subsidise loss that goes down every year for the first 3 seasons. The problem will be the sanctions the EFL impose on our return.

Look I’m sure the majority of us like ourselves are a little underwhelmed by this, considering some of the names we’ve been linked with. Myself included!

Been speaking to a few level headed forest fans who reckon this could be good for us, they say he will make the team fight & will make us hard to break down, looking at some of the results they got against the big clubs in charge.

I will back him as I love this weird club but something does need to be done to the hierarchy above, think it’s time for a change?