Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

31 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's going to get very ugly. Overwhelming likelihood is we start 25/26 in the Championship with a points deduction and a transfer embargo. 

Strap in.

With more expensive and digital tickets for the honour of ‘enjoying’ it all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jbflcfc said:

Look I’m sure the majority of us like ourselves are a little underwhelmed by this, considering some of the names we’ve been linked with. Myself included!

Been speaking to a few level headed forest fans who reckon this could be good for us, they say he will make the team fight & will make us hard to break down, looking at some of the results they got against the big clubs in charge.

I will back him as I love this weird club but something does need to be done to the hierarchy above, think it’s time for a change?

Two questions:

1) When were you linked with the job?

2) What is a sensible guy like you doing talking to forest fans?

Edited by KansasFox
  • Haha 1

How can someone at the club employ Enzo after reedeming an absolute **** up in keeping Rodgers for so long and in turn getting us relegated then think Steve Cooper is the answer, 1 step forward 2 steps back

• Like 2

I like the fact he isn't totally dogmatic and despite it being Forest, much like Mark Robins, I've always never really minded him.

But my god he's got to be better than he was there in the Premier League era. They were bloody awful. Extremely fortunate time and time again and cannot help but feel that their home crowd got them over the line many a time that season. I don't think we're going to quite have that about us - he starts on the back foot here. It will not take much for people to turn on him.

There's not being Maresca level dogmatic possession but then there's Forest 2022/23. Outplayed game in, game out. I think those blaming the owners are being pretty kind to him, and does this appointment by its own nature not pose serious questions of our own? We're hardly a steady ship are we?

There would be something quite Leicester about somebody so derided like this turning out well for us, it does quite often happen, but I don't think that's quite the rationale you can approach appointments with. We've also blown time on this - he could've been here a fortnight ago.

13 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Two questions:

1) When were you linked with the job?

2) What is a sensible guy like you doing talking to forest fans?

1. Well spotted!

2. The joys of working 10 miles away from the place!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Thing is, I respect your opinion. But, those same idiots got it right with pretty much every single managerial appointment over the last 10 years. Maybe you could make an argument against Puel and I’m not including Dean Smith in that due to it being such a short reign.

Our signings have been largely hit and miss. But our managerial recruitment has been pretty spot on…

Don’t get me wrong, I wanted Potter. But I’m not as anti Cooper as so many seem to be.

Choosing the right coach is certainly a bit of a lottery and Cooper might well turn out to be our saviour next season. It is the lack of a clear plan that worries me. We have just done a 180 overnight. It doen't inspire much confidence and that goes for us fans and probably the players too. 

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I like the fact he isn't totally dogmatic and despite it being Forest, much like Mark Robins, I've always never really minded him.

But my god he's got to be better than he was there in the Premier League era. They were bloody awful. Extremely fortunate time and time again and cannot help but feel that their home crowd got them over the line many a time that season. I don't think we're going to quite have that about us - he starts on the back foot here. It will not take much for people to turn on him.

There's not being Maresca level dogmatic possession but then there's Forest 2022/23. Outplayed game in, game out. I think those blaming the owners are being pretty kind to him, and does this appointment by its own nature not pose serious questions of our own? We're hardly a steady ship are we?

There would be something quite Leicester about somebody so derided like this turning out well for us, it does quite often happen, but I don't think that's quite the rationale you can approach appointments with. We've also blown time on this - he could've been here a fortnight ago.

You’re right that our crowd played a massive part in keeping us up, and Cooper did everything to crank us up.  It was a love affair - from the Paul Smith clobber; to the constant complements about the city; to saying our ground ‘oozed football soul’; to the fist pumps as we sang our song to him (which, awkwardly, insulted Leicester)

He’s got lots of qualities (adaptable, good with youth, good diplomat, plays good

football if he’s got the players..).  It will be interesting to see if the Forest baggage holds him back, with him being a hero for us so recently. Presumably you’ll forgive him if he starts well.  He might need to say ‘Forest are &@“£ers for sacking me and I want revenge’.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

They’ve ruined everything he built 

Stuff like this I find baffling. Sven, Sousa, getting rid of Pearson to hire him again, broke ffp to get promoted (sound familiar), lost a manager we liked after scraping safety and having the embarrassing “he’s sacked, no he’s not episode”, and hired the universally “WTF” are we doing Ranieri and we got beyond lucky.

Seems like we are totally on brand, all he never did was give up and kept correcting our mistakes. 

• Like 2