Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think this is a completely Rudkin move. He was involved in the youth set up for many years and is probably aware of Cooper. It just makes no sense considering Top is obsessed with wanting to play like Man City. I don’t even know what Coopers style is……

The more I sit and think about it, the worse I feel. The club have just out yet another massive divide between them and the fans. 

My biggest concern is Cooper getting the players on board and if that don't happen we would be in serious trouble.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What does that even mean ?

It means that Cooper will oversee the management of the team but will not have an influence anywhere else within the club. Probably also means more power and control for Rudkin 

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

In fairness to the much hated board, they didn't exactly plan for Enzo to bugger off and drop them in the sh*t.

That’s exactly the point about their incompetence.

Most decent businesses have a succession plan. A football club absolutely needs one as the manager can leave with little or no notice, or dramatically underperform.

A well run club / competent DOF, has already earmarked and started relationship building with 2-3 options for the position who will have minimal disruption to the clearly defined plan the club is following.

We wait until we need a manager, see who’s local / available / applies for the job / agent calls, and pick from those. We’re reactive and have no plan. 

It’s really sad to see but the board and owner are clueless, reactive, and unprofessional.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mr.Bingles said:

This makes for very interesting reading. It's actually swayed me a tiny bit towards of Cooper. They all seem to rate him so he cant be that bad. Although more than one of them called us Bin Dippers which seems a tad harsh. I get my food off local bird tables thank you very much. 

All he's got to do is keep us up during what will be an absolute, kick in the nut sack, ball ache of a season. 

I don't care what they think. They'd been irrelevant for 25 years when he was appointed so the fact he gave them the only tiny bit of success most of them have seen in their lifetime was bound to make him a hero there. 

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Managers have been on the cusp of being appointed and then due to fan pressure it hasn’t happened. I think Mandaric backtracked on appointing Colin willy puller because of fan backlash. Fingers crossed the same happens here.

Mate, it’s done. Think we need to accept this, and get behind him

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Yea he is still manager it's just the new term they are called now.

Top needs to sell the club

When he ****s off he should take the whole ****ing board members with him.

6 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Laughing stock of football LCFC

6 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Laughing stock of football LCFC

Traditionally, there a significant distinction between Manager and head coach. The later implies a sporting director. 

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Managers have been on the cusp of being appointed and then due to fan pressure it hasn’t happened. I think Mandaric backtracked on appointing Colin willy puller because of fan backlash. Fingers crossed the same happens here.

not a chance

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It's blatantly obvious that the hierarchy don't care one iota what the fans think.

Edited by 1972 Fox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think this is a completely Rudkin move. He was involved in the youth set up for many years and is probably aware of Cooper. It just makes no sense considering Top is obsessed with wanting to play like Man City. I don’t even know what Coopers style is……

The more I sit and think about it, the worse I feel. The club have just out yet another massive divide between them and the fans. 

To be fair to the club they were not planning for Maresca to walk away. That tore up any planning.

They’ve given a few managers a fair hearing, had their preference who has refused so what do they do? 

They’ve got someone in at no extra contract cost, a guy who’s got a track record recently and they need someone to work with quickly to get transfer business underway. 

They couldn’t wait any longer, let’s get behind him and support the club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Mate, it’s done. Think we need to accept this, and get behind him

Well I suppose on the plus side it adds a good trivia question to the LCFC round as he is (to my knowledge) the first manager we’ve had to play for Total Network Solutions. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Stuff like this I find baffling. Sven, Sousa, getting rid of Pearson to hire him again, broke ffp to get promoted (sound familiar), lost a manager we liked after scraping safety and having the embarrassing “he’s sacked, no he’s not episode”, and hired the universally “WTF” are we doing Ranieri and we got beyond lucky.

Seems like we are totally on brand, all he never did was give up and kept correcting our mistakes. 

He learnt from that in my opinion.

Vichai also had a great way of connecting with the players and fans which brought us all together, you could tell he cared with Top I feel like he does not give one anymore.

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Why have club decisions, in general, have recently been quite strange?..

Google translate is struggling to make sense of this Wymsey

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 2