Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Managerial Replacements

No issue with the forest connection, plenty have had that in the past. More than happy to back him, it just feels extremely underwhelming. It does however show where we are at the moment. If he can be more adaptable than Enzo, I’d take that as a positive! It feels more of a Dean Smith style of appointment than a Maresca one. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Ah yes, roaring success he was.

37.7% win ratio nearly double more than Cooper...And Puel had nowhere near as much money to spend as Cooper did.

Edited by chapero82

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Ah yes, roaring success he was.

He had a better record before joining us. 
Finished 8th and got to a league cup final which Southampton should of won the previous season as well as having decent experience in France. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

For Christ's sake give the bloke a chance, as I recall his football was pretty good when they stuffed us 4-1 in the Cup. Another thing then was that he had his own players, this changed in the Prem when the buffoon of an owner tried to sign every player in the world & wanted them in the team no matter what.

I'm sure he'll have plenty of contacts to get some decent loans & free transfers. Also people need to remember that we are no longer that attractive a proposition to manage as we are a basket case..

We were crack though

4 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I Know that I will get boot fcuked for saying this but here goes.

I am much happier to get Cooper over Potter. I believe Cooper has the qualities to improve our team. The big issue is how big will the points deduction be ??

If it's around six points, Cooper will keep us up.

What qualities are they ?

Just now, splinterdream said:

Why not moyes?

He probably doesn't feel any rush to return.

Reckon he'll go back to Scotland for one last role as a manager.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

37.7% win ratio nearly double more than Cooper...And Puel had nowhere near as much money to spend as Cooper did.

My point is that it was an underwhelming appointment and it proved to be an underwhelming period.

As mentioned on here. Potter was just in the frame to be relevant. A marketing exercise at LCFC expense. 

I would be happy with Copper. I don't understand the hate he gets. Forest fans still like him, is a good barometer. 

As for style of play. He has Pre-Season to enforce his ideas. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I Know that I will get boot fcuked for saying this but here goes.

I am much happier to get Cooper over Potter. I believe Cooper has the qualities to improve our team. The big issue is how big will the points deduction be ??

If it's around six points, Cooper will keep us up.

What does he do better than Potter?

I think the main issue is how quickly we’ve gone from wanting Potter and just settling for the first readily available alternative without looking at anyone else either in this country or abroad.  
Have we only spoken to Potter, Cooper and Coberan? 
Do we just dismiss anyone who hasn’t managed in this country? 
Sadly but not surprising I think the answer is yes on both questions. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He probably doesn't feel any rush to return.

Reckon he'll go back to Scotland for one last role as a manager.

He’s probably got £30m in the bank or a lot more 

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

What’s his style?

whats his formation?

whats his man management like? 

Been around a while and have never looked at his sides and gone they are good and they play like this….

He wears Paul Smith

3-4-1-2 and 4-2-3-1

Very Very good

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

For Christ's sake give the bloke a chance, as I recall his football was pretty good when they stuffed us 4-1 in the Cup. Another thing then was that he had his own players, this changed in the Prem when the buffoon of an owner tried to sign every player in the world & wanted them in the team no matter what.

I'm sure he'll have plenty of contacts to get some decent loans & free transfers. Also people need to remember that we are no longer that attractive a proposition to manage as we are a basket case..

His wasn’t good we were just shit

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

What’s his style?

whats his formation?

whats his man management like? 

Been around a while and have never looked at his sides and gone they are good and they play like this….

At Swansea to begin with he played fast attacking football which worked really well and got them in the play offs. Second season the football turned crap but he still got them in the play offs. Went to forest and did the same, fast attacking style in the champ, went up and went very defensive (albeit with players he didn’t want) so I think ideally his style would be aggressive fast attacking football but plays the game based on the opposition as well. I’d imagine he has learnt from his time at forest too 

• Like 1